GBA Backup Tool stuck on File Searching

RSDJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to get a backup of a Pokemon Emerald save via the GBA Backup Tool on Action Replay DSi. The tool can run on the cartridge, but it takes 5 minutes to get through the FAT Initialize screen. Creating a sav file shows a message saying file searching. And nothing happens with an hour passed.

I've applied a Datel & Music DLDI patch to make the tool run, and I'm using a 32gb Microsd Card. Should I try using a different type of Microsd? Or should I just buy a different flash cart?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get a backup of a Pokemon Emerald save via the GBA Backup Tool on Action Replay DSi. The tool can run on the cartridge, but it takes 5 minutes to get through the FAT Initialize screen. Creating a sav file shows a message saying file searching. And nothing happens with an hour passed.

I've applied a Datel & Music DLDI patch to make the tool run, and I'm using a 32gb Microsd Card. Should I try using a different type of Microsd? Or should I just buy a different flash cart?
Maybe try using GodMode9i instead, it's GBA save compatibility has improved a lot in recent updates so it's just as good as GBA Backup Tool now

RSDJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe try using GodMode9i instead, it's GBA save compatibility has improved a lot in recent updates so it's just as good as GBA Backup Tool now
I'm using GodMode9i right now, and the only thing I can do is hightlight GBA GAMECART (Pokemon EMER). It doesn't give me any options to backup or load anything. There's also NDS GAMECARD, which allows me to dump NO-TITLE_NONE00_FF to GBA Cart.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I'm using GodMode9i right now, and the only thing I can do is hightlight GBA GAMECART (Pokemon EMER). It doesn't give me any options to backup or load anything. There's also NDS GAMECARD, which allows me to dump NO-TITLE_NONE00_FF to GBA Cart.
:unsure: it shouldn't show NDS GAMECARD when running from Slot-1... did you DLDI patch it?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Have any other ideas? Or should I just consider getting another flash cart?
You could maybe try using a microSD under 2 GB if you have one, I wouldn't bother trying to buy one if you don't though. I have a Games n' Music and for some reason mine only works properly with cards under 2 GB.

It's probably cheaper and definitely easier to just get a normal flashcard though, the AR is definitely a rather weird one and they never officially supported DLDI even iirc so not a huge surprise it doesn't work well.

See the r/flashcarts quick start guide for what's currently recommended.

RSDJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could maybe try using a microSD under 2 GB if you have one, I wouldn't bother trying to buy one if you don't though. I have a Games n' Music and for some reason mine only works properly with cards under 2 GB.

It's probably cheaper and definitely easier to just get a normal flashcard though, the AR is definitely a rather weird one and they never officially supported DLDI even iirc so not a huge surprise it doesn't work well.

See the r/flashcarts quick start guide for what's currently recommended.
Will do. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +2
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    awwwh :shit: ! I shouldn't have done that. Now that song will play on my mind ALL Day :sad::cry:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: hahahaha @SylverReZ +1