cool.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metal Slug 1 will be the last great GBA title out over here 30th March, there's also Pirate Battle and Racing Gears 2, that's if they don't switch to the DS.

Multiple news sources report that the classic metal slugs planned all got canned. one report
I'm still hoping for the other two, but with DS versions in the works it's not promising. I've recently upgraded to DS, and it isn't nearly what my gbm was. but at the same time, I have to move on, there just aren't enough new games.

I will play this though. and not in some kind of bordered nds mode, I assure you.
Metal Slug 1 is being published by Atari over here and its still down for the 30th (according to latest Retro Gamer which is usually up to date), but amazon says 23rd march but them they say US was out last week. SNK cancelled Japanese release and they say US version is still TBA so who knows.

Tried to play this game some more as others are enjoying it but its still very average to me.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This game is pretty good. The only thing I absolutely HATE is that the jump button is the R button. I have never in my life played a game where the Jump button was anything other than one of the main buttons. And they dont even have an option to change the buttons. As much as I wanted to keep playing, I got fed up and turned the game off.

I have to agree, the game looks pretty good but the jumping on the R button really sucks !
And I guess you cannot change because the game relies on combos, the further you get into the game the more combos you unlock and maybe it was to complicated to remap the buttons....

Anyway the GBA is still an excellent platform for 2D side scrolling games,I mean it's tough to see a system today that still pushes brand new 2D games, and for we old school side scrollers fans the only other fix are 16Bit emulators or MAME....but that can get very old very fast...
GBA has a great library of games, and great hardware to support them, I could never get tired of it.
I hope they will continue to write games for it, 3D is OK but sometimes I just need some plain old 2D platformer with lots of action !

anarkhy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think its very good, wish more games for gba have this quality.

the jump button sucks, but you get used after some time

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey I have a GREAT IDEA !
How about we deicde to play this game with an emulator instead of the real hardware ?
This way we could remap the buttons to our favorite PC joypad(I use a genuine PS2 controller via a USB adapter ) and make it jump with different button !
Only drawback is that we wouldn't play this on the go(or maybe we could after all , with a laptop ), but hey it's gonna be less frustrating !
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto