Hacking GB Micro Flashcart Advice

diepset

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just recently purchased a gameboy micro and would like some advice on which flashcart to buy.

I'm stuck between a G6 lite vs. EZ-Flash 3.

G6 is more future proof. I do plan on getting a black ds if released in the US. But EZ-Flash 3 may perform better w/ GBA games.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat as you. Game Boy Micro is my favorite of the new systems, it's small enough for tight jeans.

I went with the G6 Lite. It hasn't arrived yet, but from what I hear the GBA compatibility is just as good as the older G6's. http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/GBA_and_DS_Flash_Cards

As soon as I get the G6 Lite I'll let you know how it does on the Micro.

Not planning to get a DS anytime soon.

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get the EZ-Flash it has better GBA support I think and it's only about $50 at winsunx. You can get a G6 later when they're in stock everywhere.

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I own a EZ3 myself and I have not had a single problem with GBA games, everything has worked without problems.

If you are thinking of getting a nds lite, buy it right away and buy a lite cart that won't stick out of the ds.

diepset

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally caved in and ordered an EZ 3 off of winsunx.com for 50 shipped.

I figured that it was better to get a EZ 3, which is nearly half the cost of a G6 lite after shipping, for my GB Micro and get a G6 lite in the future for a DS Lite in the future. Or possibly the supercard lite and add more storage potential. I wouldn't want to share the same flashcart between 2 devices. Hopefully the Black ds lite will drop in the US soon.

To: Warm Wooly Sheep
I'd still like to hear how the G6 and GB micro work out for you. Please post pics.

TEKNOSYSTEKWRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought an EZIII for my micro a few weeks ago, but the short filesnames drove me crazy. I then bout an EZIV with a 1 gig min DS card and it's so awesome for the micro. I already had a EZIV Lite for my DS and was happy with it. I really like the EZIV series.

Spawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a micro, and I also went with the EZ3.... runs everything great! the short filenames are annoying though....
frown.gif

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
micro + g6 lite

so far so GREAT... i just want to be able to skin the g6 menu, though... and that's not possible, yet.

i haven't had ANY problems whatsoever with my g6 lite... as long as you follow a few simple (yet crucial) steps, your g6 lite will be working fine.

oh, and you can delete a few of the save files and icon files if you wish to free up ALOT more space (the g6 udisk manager automatically throws in save files for each game added but all you need is one of them unless you're sharing your gbm among the household)

got myself 47 games on there after removing the extra save files / icon files

agilos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im looking to buy a flashcart, and i think i have all the technical stuff down. I have a micro, which flashcart has the best looking menu for the micro. All the examples of menus i have seen are on the DS.

fuctfuct

Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
I went with the EFA 512Mbit for my micro.. sure its more $$ for less space but it looks to be an excellent cart.

What sold me over the EZ4 was the NICE simple loader, cart size (EZ4 isnt quite the same size as a GBA cart), works with all saves and instant boot of games ..among a few other things. I like to keep things as simple as possible. All the extra stuff in the EZ3/4 GBA loader looked annoying and useless since i just wana boot games and nothing more
tongue.gif

Also i don't need to have every (U) ROM on a 2GB miniSD.. 2/10 GBA games is enough for me

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
M3 Minisd new version is fine for me, you can skin the interface to your liking, i use the gb micro skin and its perfect.

I also think you can skin the g6 lite interface ? never tried it because i only use it in my ds lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I think I shall review it once I beat it