Not open for further replies.

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case you haven't seen this yet, wololo published an article a year ago about Gateway's profits. It is purely speculative, but it does give you an insight into how much the Gateway team actually stands to make. (spoiler: it's in the millions)

http://wololo.net/2014/01/24/analys...-of-the-gateway-3ds-and-other-3ds-flashcarts/

According to VG Charts, there are 50.45 million 3DS owners right now. Updating his formula to reflect current sales figures, we get:

(($40 – $20) * 545000) – $200,000 = Approximately 11 Million US dollars.

Whoop.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's 11 million LOST SALES for poor Nintendo!
And it's Nintendo own fault

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/11/25/gabe-says-piracy-isnt-about-price

As someone who lives in a country where piracy always been a huge problem, I must say this is accurate. I see a lot of friends buying games from Steam/Sony because their services and dedication for Latin America are so great. Meanwhile Nintendo is not only providing bad services, but they are outright ignoring Latin America. (They even ceased operations in Brazil recently)

Reactions: Kross0

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm pretty sure those numbers are way off. Firstly, manufacturing costs by arm chair analysts are usually way off, especially for niche hardware. You don't just buy the parts and glue everything together, not by a long shot.
Secondly, it grossly underestimates the amount of money they must have paid in wages by now.

Having said that, it's really the only way I'm going to be able to play 3DS games. No one's stepping forward with a fully featured CFW anytime soon.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why post if you have absolutely nothing to contribute? Please return to your mancave.
To be fair he was just stating that your contribution was as pointless as his. At least to him(even though his statement claims to speak for everyone). I vaguely remember that article and it seems more relevant now more than ever haha especially after their wonderful Xmas sales tactics

Venseer

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Home > Consoles > Nintendo 3DS Discussions > 3DS - Electronic Shop Reputation & Flashcard Cockfighting
I wish people made useful threads for once.

Yeah, nice speculation, thanks, I needed to know that speculated data.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought most of my pc games in steam because the prices are very affordable and reasonable. but nintendo games? they are not available in my original country (indonesia) and my country is not listed in the eshop so no local pricing. so for people from developing countries, there are no other options but pirating, it's not like nintendo treat us like a market. I think they lost a lot because only focusing on traditional markets based on the encoiding (NTSC/J/PAL) while treating the rest of the world non-existent or too poor to buy their products. your loss, nintendo.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For starters, bad thread title. Don't call it "Gateway's actual profits" unless you have their actual sales figures in your hands.

Secondly, why would anybody care? The real bottom line for an individual is that a Gateway only costs what two new games for the 3DS would. That's a lot more saved than spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl