Hacking Gateway will fix any bricked 3DS for free, as long as you're not lying!

mhss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Proven on which other forums? The 'Official Gateway Support' forum over at Max Console? Sure, because GaryOPA (the administrator there) is going to be completely unbiased given his involvement with Gateway.

This happens in almost every industry, somebody will create a product and others will rip it off. How often do we see companies taking it out on the consumers? That's not good for anyone.

You'd do exactly the same? You'd intentionally write code that can cause damage to the hardware, and then distribute it to even your own competitors in the hope that your code is solid enough that it will never affect them? The R4i Gold team aren't going anywhere and the Gateway team aren't going to get rid of them by bricking consumer devices.

Gateway isn't distributing anything to their "competitors". Competitors are decompiling laucher of Gateway, steal all code from it, don't analyze code at all, just patching so it works on their shitty card and distributing to thier users. R4 users have faith that what they download from R4 site is safe but it isn't, because of incompetence and idiocy of R4 team.

Reactions: Crass

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway isn't distributing anything to their "consumers". Competitors are decompiling laucher of Gateway, steal all code from it, don't analyze code at all, just patching so it works on their shitty card and distributing to thier users. R4 users have faith that what they download from R4 site is safe but it isn't, because of incompetence and idiocy of R4 team.

That was a typo―tis fixed now.

If i was a reputable company selling a reputable product, no way.
If i was a seedy hacker joint developing piracy hardware, hell yes.

But the clone companies already got their money from the people who have bricked consoles. They're continuing to sell and they're going to make more money. Sure, you might have harmed their reputation a little bit, but only at the expense of harming your own at the same time.

Returning to the whole "mafia" thing, I decided to look up the proper definition for the word:

Mafia
ˈmafɪə/
noun
1. an organized international body of criminals, operating originally in Sicily and now especially in Italy and the US and having a complex and ruthless behavioural code.​
Hmm... Gateway are kinda like an organized international body of criminals. They create illegal devices and distribute them worldwide. They just bricked some consumer devices, so we know they have a complex and ruthless behavioural code... :O GATEWAY ARE TEH MAFIA!

mhss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Honestly, you'd have to be a fool to take Gateway up on this offer.
It's already been proven impractical to send a game system to China. Someone calculated it at costing $53 to ship a 3DS to China, and another $53 to ship back ($106 total). And that's China post, which is horribly slow and unreliable (sometimes over 2 months delivery time). You can buy a refurbished 3DS directly from Nintendo for only $109, and used ones on eBay or Craigslist sell as cheap as $100. Why on earth would you spend $100+ shipping to to Gateway when you can get a working one for the same price? And GW might even deny your claim and ask for $100 to ship it back too.
I think the Gateway team know that almost no one will take them up on the offer (other than retards), which is why they made it in the first place.

Gateway is able to prove their point, if you are pussy who now is affraid to send console to them then enjoy a brick. Gateway is offering you help if you are not lying, and you are for any reason trying to NOT take that help. If it happens that you are right then they will fix your console and take all the bill at them for shipping console. If you are lying R4 shill spreading misinformation you will never send console to them in the first plce.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Think I'm yet to see any sort of apology, or announcement or even a warning from the R4 team that not downgrading might result in a bricked console, I'm sure many naive people would get the fake update....think it doesn't work then go straight back to the bricking firmware, blissfully unaware that they might get bricked at any point, at least gateway have answered questions and given solutions r4i are still trying to hide from the matter and letting customers get bricked by not explicitly warning their customer to stay away from their dodgy releases
What is it already with all these "at least GW is better then R4i" comparisons.
Who cares?
R4i are just a simple clone manufacturer, nothing more, nothing less.
They sell clone products to even more cheapasses then GW users and call it a day.

Gateway/True Blue/GaryOPA are the only ones i ever saw in any console modding area aince the GBA, that purposefully bricked consumer devices with their products.
They did it with True Blue clones and now they are doing it with Gateway.
And thats the only reason why they get all the hate.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gateway is able to prove their point, if you are pussy who now is affraid to send console to them then enjoy a brick. Gateway is offering you help if you are not lying, and you are for any reason trying to NOT take that help. If it happens that you are right then they will fix your console and take all the bill at them for shipping console. If you are lying R4 shill spreading misinformation you will never send console to them in the first plce.
More like someone with a brain than a pussy...:rolleyes:

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
"R4 team" are hiring people to spread misinformation about Gateway, stimulate conversations on forums like this one to blame all the fault at Gateway. It was proven on other forums by their administrators.

What are these forums where it was proven? I don't think my question will be answered... My opinion is that Gateway is doing it themselves and is paranoid of the other guys doing it... I haven't seen R4 shills. There seem to be no people who laud R4 like it was god's gift to people. Where are these people? But I do see people who absolutely cannot ever criticize Gateway and all they post about is how bad R4 is (when most people simply don't care about the cloners). And these people claim they don't even own Gateway. I mean, what the heck are these people?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What is it already with all these "at least GW is better then R4i" comparisons.
Who cares?
R4i are just a simple clone manufacturer, nothing more, nothing less.
They sell clone products to even more cheapasses then GW users and call it a day.

Gateway/True Blue/GaryOPA are the only ones i ever saw in any console modding area aince the GBA, that purposefully bricked consumer devices with their products.
They did it with True Blue clones and now they are doing it with Gateway.
And thats the only reason why they get all the hate.

I think wilful neglect to inform your customers they will brick their console is pretty much the same as bricking it yourself

A warning would prevent the brick.

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Yeah, and what if they don't send it back? Then you have lost your 3DS, your Gateway, a lot of money and they can just say they never received it.

mhss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What are these forums where it was proven? I don't think my question will be answered... My opinion is that Gateway is doing it themselves and is paranoid of the other guys doing it... I haven't seen R4 shills. There seem to be no people who laud R4 like it was god's gift to people. Where are these people? But I do see people who absolutely cannot ever criticize Gateway and all they post about is how bad R4 is (when most people simply don't care about the cloners). And these people claim they don't even own Gateway. I mean, what the heck are these people?

To bad that you didn't saw people bragging that they bought "R4 whatever" that is doing everything Gateway is doing but fo whole 20 dollars cheaper and anyone buying Gateway is moron. Search threads from time when R4 announced their shitty card.

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
To bad that you didn't saw people bragging that they bought "R4 whatever" that is doing everything Gateway is doing but fo whole 20 dollars cheaper and anyone buying Gateway is moron. Search threads from time when R4 announced their shitty card.
No, you provide. I'm not going to waste an hour looking for your stuff.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll repeat what I said before, over time at least one person, should they genuinely have a bricked 3DS due to unmodified launcher, will send in their device to Gateway.

Until this happens, anything is just baseless speculation. All we have to do is wait for this to happen, and then see Gateway's response to it.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good people, send them your 4.1-4.5 consoles. I am sure they will make good money from them...

thanks for your contribution. this retarded idea of a 3DS-collecting moneymaking scheme is entirely novel and hadn't yet been articulated by any of the enlightened participants of this thread.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Gateway's PR...

These are the same people who attack anyone who asks for a softmod solution and criticizes Neimod, yellow8 and others who "fight piracy" by not providing free alternatives to Gateway...

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thanks for your contribution. this retarded idea of a 3DS-collecting moneymaking scheme is entirely novel and hadn't yet been articulated by any of the enlightened participants of this thread.

Yeah i am sure it is retarded.

I mean, sending to an illegal company in China your valuable console, with no guarantee you will take it back, no chance of taking it to the court if they keep it, is the smart thing to do. And there is absolutely no posibility Gateway will sell the only consoles able to play pirated games on ebay...

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If they did what you suggest, they'd only get away with doing this to a handful of individuals, after which word of this will get out and their entire business will be completely ruined. Yeah, they are gonna do that, to "score half a dozen 3DSes". How fucking stupid are you exactly?

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im curious about something why would they ask for the red card the sd card and system? cause they are the most valuable thing to the whole setup? they can use the red card somehow to flash the nand back onto the system kinda like using a retail card to update the firmware without going online? I mean the insides of the red card has to be very close to what the retail card is to be able to work properly

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
"R4 team" are hiring people to spread misinformation about Gateway, stimulate conversations on forums like this one to blame all the fault at Gateway. It was proven on other forums by their administrators. If R4 thieves wouldn't created cloned devices, steal all the code from Gateway launcher and sell it cheaper this whole mess wouldn't even happend. Imagine that you are programing at Gateway, spending days and nights to code Gateway card, designing flashcard for manufacturing, selling your product to customers who are happy. Then comes R4, taking all your work and selling cheaper. How would you feel? I would do exactly the same, create code to protect my work. But creating this code is also creating delays in releasing new features, and in testing stability of your work. Simply if R4 wouldn't step in in the area of Gateway there wouldn't be dalays and brick code wouldn't be created in the first place.

Oh my God, poor Gateway programmers doing all the work and others stealing their money... Boo hoo hoo...

And to think about the programmers who create something useful, like the games you pirate, and work much harder than gateways, and receive nothing because of them...

Among thieves, stop accusing others of theft...

PS: We need a softmod. ASAP. This crap with flashkarts has lasted too long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.