Hacking Gateway + Update SYSnand Mode?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Gateway are also working on an A9LH loader, which I assume would also include 10.2/4 native firm support as well as loading SysNAND by default.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This is the guide I used, very comprehensive. I've done this to 4 3DSes thus far. I had to move back to Menuhax after I found out there wasn't a simple way to boot Gateway mode.
There is. On N3DS, you can still use 4.x MSET to boot gateway, and on both, you can use https://github.com/Rohul1997/Gateway_cia (although the boot rate with that is about 90% or so)

You can have a9lh and boot GW by having sysnand on 9.2 and booting with 9.0 firm by holding L on boot (requires firmware90.bin), then running your GW exploit of choice through that.
You're out of date. The latest AuReiNand has an option to set 9.0 firm as default, so you don't need to press any buttons, if it's a 9.2 sysnand that you're using.

GodSec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks all! Wow it seems like a lot has moved on with the 3ds scene since I last really took a great interest.
Yes A9LH is a really cool thing. FULL access even before the user land is probably loaded. That is really nice. Get it now before Nintendo patches the downgrader.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
There is. On N3DS, you can still use 4.x MSET to boot gateway, and on both, you can use https://github.com/Rohul1997/Gateway_cia (although the boot rate with that is about 90% or so)

You're out of date. The latest AuReiNand has an option to set 9.0 firm as default, so you don't need to press any buttons, if it's a 9.2 sysnand that you're using.
Unfortunately I haven't gone to N3DS yet.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That works on 10.7 A9LH sysNAND? I've been getting mixed messages on whether of not that works.
No matter what, Gateway MUST be launched from Firmware 4.x~9.2, using the proper native_firm. In your case, install Gateway_cia to emunand, since your emunand is 9.2 and you launch it with the 9.0 native_firm. This will never change until GW releases its next update. GW currently relies on arm11 Kernel hacks, and there are none above 9.2 that GW can use.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
No matter what, Gateway MUST be launched from Firmware 4.x~9.2, using the proper native_firm. In your case, install Gateway_cia to emunand, since your emunand is 9.2 and you launch it with the 9.0 native_firm. This will never change until GW releases its next update. GW currently relies on arm11 Kernel hacks, and there are none above 9.2 that GW can use.
Are you confusing me with the OP? Because that is not my setup. I just wanted to know if there was a more complete way to have A9LH and Gateway on one system. And as you said not unless one is running 9.2 either in sysNAND or emuNAND.

GodSec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you confusing me with the OP? Because that is not my setup. I just wanted to know if there was a more complete way to have A9LH and Gateway on one system. And as you said not unless one is running 9.2 either in sysNAND or emuNAND.
Let's make it simple:
Gateway MUST launched on firmware 4.5 - 9.2. Use a 9.0 firmware on A9LH don't work! Make a new EmuNand with 9.2 and launch gateway in Sysnand. There is now other way sorry:(

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's make it simple:
Use a 9.0 firmware on A9LH don't work!
What? You just confused everybody instead of making it simple. Just say use FW 9.2 with 9.0 native_firm (which is the exact firm 9.2 uses anyway). Sysnand or Emunand doesn't matter.

Also, be patient everyone. An A9lH GW loader is just around the corner. In GW terms, that may be like a month, but :rolleyes:

GodSec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What? You just confused everybody instead of making it simple. Just say use FW 9.2 with 9.0 native_firm (which is the exact firm 9.2 uses anyway). Sysnand or Emunand doesn't matter.

Also, be patient everyone. An A9lH GW loader is just around the corner. In GW terms, that may be like a month, but :rolleyes:
Mm...
I mean that you can't launch GW on 10.7 + 9,0 native firm...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought I saw a puttie snatch...