Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA v3.7.1 PUBLIC BETA

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A downgrade function. As expected :lol:
Good call. I was sure it would be native 10.3 support, no downgrade required.

But it begs the question; what exploit were SALT using in their video that showed off 10.3 sysNAND kernel access?
Savedatafiler import function fixed, yaye!
Finally. There's nothing more convenient than SaveDataFiler.

Edit:
BUG: Had broken 3D effect after booting into Gateway Mode.

Normal right? Not exactly, I had 3D turned off (the slider locks in place on the new3DS).

The usual open/close fix resolved it. Still odd.

Last edited by Zidapi,

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But it begs the question; what exploit were SALT using in their video that showed off 10.3 sysNAND kernel access?

I haven't seen the video, but perhaps it's merely a possible exploit that has not yet been taken advantage of?
In other words, they know that it is there, but no one has figured out how to use it yet. I imagine that a refined downgrade tool would be easier to put together than a new entry point.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can they please fix Badge Arcade? I'm addicted to those badges, now I'm banned. : (

Thanks Gateway. ;)

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can they please fix Badge Arcade? I'm addicted to those badges, now I'm banned. : (

Thanks Gateway. ;)

A Nintendo ban can't be fixed by Gateway. Hopefully the badge arcade bans are like regular online bans, and only last a brief period of time (~2 weeks).

It's too soon to say how it'll turn out though.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A Nintendo ban can't be fixed by Gateway. Hopefully the badge arcade bans are like regular online bans, and only last a brief period of time (~2 weeks).

It's too soon to say how it'll turn out though.
Sadly, you are right.

I really hope it's just temporary. I need more of these tiny little senseless badges.

Reactions: Ace001

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
import function was broken with Launcher.dat 3.6.1 to 3.7.0.
Games in the cartridge slot showed as broken, both physical carts and Card1 ROMs. So you couldn't backup/restore them.

Weird, I was able to export and import my Pokemon Y save from a physical cart to a .3ds rom just fine the other day using sdf. Was using v3.6.2.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
YAY!

eVVqp6a.jpg

Reactions: VinsCool

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Weird, I was able to export and import my Pokemon Y save from a physical cart to a .3ds rom just fine the other day using sdf. Was using v3.6.2.
Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. Only card1 type games (those that save to an EEPROM chip) were broken, Pokemon XY/ORAS are card2 type games (card2 games save to a writable portion of the ROM itself).

Reactions: Varia

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The golden age of N3DS CFW may be upon us! :toot:
Yep, already confirmed that the new3DS emuNAND is now permanently exploitable just like old3DS is (providing sysNAND is on 9.2 of course).

Nintendo will need to produce a new hardware revision to keep us out now.

So, :toot: :yay3ds: indeed.
Huzzah! Question (not regarding this update), has anyone else's Miiverse stopped working in Emunand? It hasn't worked for me in some time, it just freezes the system.
Mine doesn't crash, but it errors out and kicks me back to emuNAND home menu. I suspect it's because I'm using the tubehax DNS.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.