Gateway stopped working the other day!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mccabe1990, May 6, 2014.

1. mccabe1990
    OP

mccabe1990 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2013
    Lurgan
    Hey my gateway has been working fine from it's release but now all the new games I try I get an error has occurred. Hold down the POWER button to turn off but I can play professor layton vs ace attorney on it new ones I try and the new pokemon that was working fine on it now don't work I tried reinstalling the blue card and 3ds sd card and same problem. Should I delete all the files on the 3ds sd card and update my firmware in gateway mode again?

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    run diagnostics and see if you get any errors?
    if not try formatting your SD and try copying a game on fresh

3. mccabe1990
    OP

mccabe1990 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2013
    Lurgan
    I have tried all that there is no diagnostics problems and formatting and trying different games won't fix it. It's strange some games work and others don't

4. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
    Have you tried defragging, or a different SD card?

5. mccabe1990
    OP

mccabe1990 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2013
    Lurgan
    Do you mean the 3ds sd card? No I didn't want to lose my games save files I will try it after I finish a game it seems there's no easy fix and I tried it with the gateway sd card it works because the games already worked on it. thanks anyway ill work something out

6. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    You can easily copy both the files on your SD and the games on the microSD to your computer, then copy them back. They'll still work.

7. mccabe1990
    OP

mccabe1990 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2013
    Lurgan
    I tried a new gateway sd card my 32gb one must of stopped working it was working fine since 2.0 was released it only plays some games on my 32gb now not sure why. thanks :nds:

8. tyons

tyons GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 11, 2012
    Italy
    maybe it was fake. I dunno