Gateway Release New Video - First Units To Ship This Week

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is what I said, we can't jump to conclusions. Good, or bad. We can't modify anything on the 3DS without breaking their signature as of yet, while on the PS3 side they had the keys leaked and it was broken wide open. The GW3DS will currently only play games until an update higher than 4.5 comes out in which case we must wait for the GW3DS team to update the GW3DS or create a bypass for mandatory updates.

did they give you the shipping info yet?

grozio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hello boys and girls...I've bought a new 3ds xl sliver form amazon (125 euro...very good)...the firmware is 4.2.....is it works with gateway card????

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello boys and girls...I've bought a new 3ds xl sliver form amazon (125 euro...very good)...the firmware is 4.2.....is it works with gateway card????

Yes. Anything from 4.2-4.5 I believe. However, you MAY have to update it to 4.5... *Not entirely sure about that though, but you're definitely IN, whether you can stay where you are, or have to upgrade to 4.5*

LeSnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any ideas how I can exchange my 5.1 unit with a 4.5? I bought it from an online retailer. I thought I was safe with being on 5.1, sadly no :-/

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think we can safely assume that this cart will eventually be blocked since it IS based on a blockable exploit. Surely, this flashcart will continue functioning if the team itself are able to find exploits to continue supporting their own cart but seeing how their current progress with 5.0 and 6.0 firmwares, I'd say people will be stuck on 4.5 until proven otherwise.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we can safely assume that this cart will eventually be blocked since it IS based on a blockable exploit. Surely, this flashcart will continue functioning if the team itself are able to find exploits to continue supporting their own cart but seeing how their current progress with 5.0 and 6.0 firmwares, I'd say people will be stuck on 4.5 until proven otherwise.

I'm just curious to see how this cart will handle future game releases. Maybe, somewhere along the line, they'll come up with some sort of patch for newer games to block the forced update (from the game) to shoot through!

Roman.Sol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious to see how this cart will handle future game releases. Maybe, somewhere along the line, they'll come up with some sort of patch for newer games to block the forced update (from the game) to shoot through!

It won't be patchable, and and they could remove the update part of the ROM, the games still won't run without the right firmware. Nintendo could even close all their servers to people without the latest firmware and I expect them to do it in the future, like for the eshop.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't be patchable, and and they could remove the update part of the ROM, the games still won't run without the right firmware. Nintendo could even close all their servers to people without the latest firmware and I expect them to do it in the future, like for the eshop.

Like this^

I stopped reading at, "It won't be patchable". - If you look bad at Roman.Sol's previous comments, in other threads, you'll find he makes a LOT of assumptions, and believes he knows what he's talking about. He also holds the belief that he knows things about the future. He states things that we don't know yet, as certainty.

He's not real bright.

I'd shy away from this one.

torrentted84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just gotten a 2nd hand DS3 with firmware 1.1.0, so I guess I am good here... Want to wait until The gateway arrives, but which game comes standard with 4.5... Or is there a site I can check which games contains specific firmwares

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just gotten a 2nd hand DS3 with firmware 1.1.0, so I guess I am good here... Want to wait until The gateway arrives, but which game comes standard with 4.5... Or is there a site I can check which games contains specific firmwares
I'm pretty sure there aren't any sites that host firmware updates, like the PSP scene did. You're best chance is to buy (or rent) a game with the 4.5 update embedded in. I think they had a thread regarding that right... here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-games-come-bundled-with-update-4-5-0.351084/

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Well it's irrelevant to Gateway anyways.. simply the 3DS is not a PS3. But thanks for the info I didn't know they still required soldering, they made it sound like it didn't where I read the news about it.

Nintendo's game specific anti-piracy checks were pretty crap in the first place if you are referring to that.. on 3DS while yeah we can't patch the games, but the games can't check anything that would show it's running from a flashcart anyway now. It's not tactics so much as just being a modern system with an OS this time really. Gateway being a bad start? I think this is as good of a start as you can realistically expect on platforms like this..

It'd be a better start if Nintendo had not somehow fixed exploits multiple times before they were even public anywhere.. I'm wondering how that even happened without a tip-off. Multiple exploits and they coincidentally found them in the same timeframe of discovery?

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Yeah.. I have read all of 3dbrew more than once, cause I'm boring like that. It's very interesting if you are into security stuff or ehh.. technical things.

LeSnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Soo, how do I exchange my 5.1 unit to a 4.5 unit? Bought at an online retailer. It's a 3ds XL. I guess I could buy a used normal 3DS, which wouldn't be that expensive, but I can't see myself using the smaller screen etc.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo, how do I exchange my 5.1 unit to a 4.5 unit? Bought at an online retailer. It's a 3ds XL. I guess I could buy a used normal 3DS, which wouldn't be that expensive, but I can't see myself using the smaller screen etc.

Erhm. Contact the person who sold it to you? Really, the only way to do it is to buy a 3DS with a firmware 4.5 or below :O

LeSnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Erhm. Contact the person who sold it to you? Really, the only way to do it is to buy a 3DS with a firmware 4.5 or below :O

I guess.. I just thought maybe I could get Nintendo to exchange it or something, I don't know. Maybe some of you had a few tricks up your sleeves. Maybe I should just wait at 5.1 and hope Gateway can make it work. I wanted to play AC: New Leaf, but I'd need to update to the latest firmware to do so. I guess it'd be safest to stay at 5.1.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess.. I just thought maybe I could get Nintendo to exchange it or something, I don't know. Maybe some of you had a few tricks up your sleeves. Maybe I should just wait at 5.1 and hope Gateway can make it work. I wanted to play AC: New Leaf, but I'd need to update to the latest firmware to do so. I guess it'd be safest to stay at 5.1.

I'm sorry man :/

If you were to bring, let's say your PSP, to Sony to repair, not only would it cost money, but they'd automatically update it to the latest firmware as well. I'm sure Nintendo would do the same. It'd be best to avoid that route :/

Maybe sell it in at a place like Gamestop and build up enough money to purchase another one? Or just wait for a new exploit? :)

Best of luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol