Gateway Release New Video - First Units To Ship This Week

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Keep in mind that European sellers list their prices including VAT. US ones don't.

80$ are about 61€. If I add the VAT that is charged in the Netherlands (21%) I'll be at a little under 74€. So I guess 75€ is fine.

Could be, but usually when I order something from the US (or some shady hong kong-site :)) I don't have to pay the taxes. Only when it is randomly picked out by customs and that hardly ever happens.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
700kr for a flashcard is pretty expensive even here in Norway, don't you think?
It still costs less than the price of 2 games. I wouldn't complain.
Edit: I actually paid about that much for a CycloDS from a norwegian reseller. 599 kr + shipping.
I wasn't familiar with ordering stuff from international sellers yet, and I didn't know anything about their prices. I did kind of get ripped off, but I got so many games for free that I never really cared.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm being honestly curious here. I don't wanna insult you or anything like that, but why are you guys purchasing a product that you're totally in the blind with? If Gateway is legitimate, they won't go away until at least after we get some reviews in, so why not wait until then?
Internet, patience?
(afk peeing pants or some other such exaggerated reply)

I mean we had somebody post a thread with "Whatever happened to that gateway crap?" a few days ago. On the internet a week is like three months.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Internet, patience?
(afk peeing pants or some other such exaggerated reply)

I mean we had somebody post a thread with "Whatever happened to that gateway crap?" a few days ago. On the internet a week is like three months.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't numerous retailers (meaning the sites which sell these kind of things) confirm the cart to be true?

I'm getting one regardless, but yeah!

(Also, a tad off-topic, but I was really bummed to find that Smash Brothers 3DS is coming in 2014. I've never researched the release date, and for some stupid reason, I've assumed it had a holiday 2013 release. Oh well, looks like I'll have to wait a tad longer for that game. It looked phenomenal though! And I'm unbiased, I loved PlayStation All-Stars haha!)

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've seen videos, retailers, and GBATemp is getting sent one for a review.

The people who say this is fake are delusional (but those are usually people that we know to be detached from reality in the first place anyways).

Yeah! I've very sad at all the pessimism that many users on the internet have. It's all over the place. Like on the official PlayStation forums, concerning All-Stars: "Oh no! The devs haven't spoken about the game in a week! Uh oh! Well, the game must be dead. Silence = Dead game". It gets me upset at this generation haha."

Reactions: zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah! I've very sad at all the pessimism that many users on the internet have. It's all over the place. Like on the official PlayStation forums, concerning All-Stars: "Oh no! The devs haven't spoken about the game in a week! Uh oh! Well, the game must be dead. Silence = Dead game". It gets me upset at this generation haha."

That's the problem with this instant gratification society we live in now. Everybody wants the fruits of labor but no one wants to put in the time or effort involved.

beundertaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got me a fresh new 3ds from walmart and updated using a bought used copy of etrian oddessy....returned today. thank you capitalism!

Roman.Sol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The good thing is that unlike DS, the effect of piracy will be very limited with 3DS.

Outside a few nolifes, nobody will hack it, due to costs, difficulty, blocks and firmware update.

What's even better is that the security got fixed before the release of Pokemon. People with a gateway will need either to buy another 3DS either to throw out their new toy to the garbage collector. The game sales won't be affected and the cheaters will remain absent of the online play. Most of the active users have also already updated to 5.0 and 6.0 and this massively cut the numbers of potential buyers.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The good thing is that unlike DS, the effect of piracy will be very limited with 3DS.

Outside a few nolifes, nobody will hack it, due to costs, difficulty, blocks and firmware update.

What's even better is that the security got fixed before the release of Pokemon. People with a gateway will need either to buy another 3DS either to throw out their new toy to the garbage collector. The game sales won't be affected and the cheaters will remain absent of the online play. Most of the active users have also already updated to 5.0 and 6.0 and this massively cut the numbers of potential buyers.

You're making a LOOOOOOOOOT of assumptions based on absolutely nothing. What you're saying is 100% false.

Also, may I borrow your TARDIS sometime soon? I really need to find out how to prevent World War 5...

Roman.Sol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're making a LOOOOOOOOOT of assumptions based on absolutely nothing. What you're saying is 100% false.

Also, may I borrow your TARDIS sometime soon? I really need to find out how to prevent World War 5...

I am not basing assumptions on anything. I am watching facts.

On DS, people could go to mainstream store, buys R4 preloaded with 50 games and make it work easily.

On 3DS, the only piracy scene are a few geeks and nolife on the internet, waiting to buy a 80$ device in chinese online store (thanks for the credit card number they say) which is already blocked on higher firmware and where you need as many SD cards as games.

It will be fun seeing people buying multiples 3DS.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not basing assumptions on anything. I am watching facts.

On DS, people could go to mainstream store, buys R4 preloaded with 50 games and make it work easily.

On 3DS, the only piracy scene are a few geeks and nolife on the internet, waiting to buy a 80$ device in chinese online store (thanks for the credit card number they say) which is already blocked on higher firmware and where you need as many SD cards as games.

It will be fun seeing people buying multiples 3DS.

No you're not. Allow me to quote what you've stated:

ONE: "The good thing is that unlike DS, the effect of piracy will be very limited with 3DS." - You can't know this. Unless you've time traveled or are part fairy.

TWO: "Outside a few nolifes, nobody will hack it, due to costs, difficulty, blocks and firmware update." - You can't know this either. So how much does it cost? Hm? And difficulty? The PS3 says 'hi'.

THREE: "What's even better is that the security got fixed before the release of Pokemon. People with a gateway will need either to buy another 3DS either to throw out their new toy to the garbage collector. The game sales won't be affected and the cheaters will remain absent of the online play. Most of the active users have also already updated to 5.0 and 6.0 and this massively cut the numbers of potential buyers."

The 'security got fixed'? Uh no. The one exploit got patched. Doesn't mean we won't see another later on. The games sales won't be affected? Alrighty. Give me next week's sales for the Vita, while you're at it please.

EVERYTHING You've stated are opinions/guesses.

I'd suggest you learn the difference between "Assumptions" and "Facts" before spouting nonsense.

Roman.Sol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you're not. Allow me to quote what you've stated:

ONE: "The good thing is that unlike DS, the effect of piracy will be very limited with 3DS." - You can't know this. Unless you've time traveled or are part fairy.

TWO: "Outside a few nolifes, nobody will hack it, due to costs, difficulty, blocks and firmware update." - You can't know this either. So how much does it cost? Hm? And difficulty? The PS3 says 'hi'.

THREE: "What's even better is that the security got fixed before the release of Pokemon. People with a gateway will need either to buy another 3DS either to throw out their new toy to the garbage collector. The game sales won't be affected and the cheaters will remain absent of the online play. Most of the active users have also already updated to 5.0 and 6.0 and this massively cut the numbers of potential buyers."

The 'security got fixed'? Uh no. The one exploit got patched. Doesn't mean we won't see another later on. The games sales won't be affected? Alrighty. Give me next week's sales for the Vita, while you're at it please.

EVERYTHING You've stated are opinions/guesses.

I'd suggest you learn the difference between "Assumptions" and "Facts" before spouting nonsense.

1) I know it, because two years and half after the release of the console, piracy is basically non existent.

2) Let's be serious, outside of geeky people with spotty face, nobody is going to buy 80$ devices who are blocked by new firmwares and which need so many SD cards. PS3 is among the least hacked consoles and 3DS is shaping up to be even less affected.

3) The update was successful at blocking the device, which is therefore useless with future release. It doesn't mean the security will be total and it won't be breached again, it just means the gateway will be useless and you will need to buy again eventually.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I know it, because two years and half after the release of the console, piracy is basically non existent.

2) Let's be serious, outside of geeky people with spotty face, nobody is going to buy 80$ devices who are blocked by new firmwares and which need so many SD cards. PS3 is among the least hacked consoles and 3DS is shaping up to be even less affected.

3) The update was successful at blocking the device, which is therefore useless with future release. It doesn't mean the security will be total and it won't be breached again, it just means the gateway will be useless and you will need to buy again eventually.

Dude. Seriously. You're just embarrassing yourself now. You're showing that you know absolutely NOTHING about how this stuff works.

"I know it, because two years and half after the release of the console, piracy is basically non existent." - Uh, most consoles take 4-6 years, and sometimes more. It very rarely takes less. This means nothing.

"Let's be serious, outside of geeky people with spotty face, nobody is going to buy 80$ devices who are blocked by new firmwares and which need so many SD cards. PS3 is among the least hacked consoles and 3DS is shaping up to be even less affected." - Don't see what looks have to do with anything you've stated. Also, I bought one. Who knows? Maybe they'll find a way past it. You don't have very good logic.

"The update was successful at blocking the device, which is therefore useless with future release. It doesn't mean the security will be total and it won't be breached again, it just means the gateway will be useless and you will need to buy again eventually" - Yes. Yes it was. On later firmwares. However, the team's working on making it compatible. And other exploits will probably exist later on. It's not useless.

Please. Just stop spouting false information. It's obvious you have no clue as to what you're talking about.

Reactions: 1111

Roman.Sol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
" Yes. Yes it was. On later firmwares. However, the team's working on making it compatible. And other exploits will probably exist later on. It's not useless."

You are the one embarassing yourself here. The exploit used by Gateway was removed by the newest firmwares. They may develop other devices in the futures that use other exploits, but this one is dead. Deal with it.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
" Yes. Yes it was. On later firmwares. However, the team's working on making it compatible. And other exploits will probably exist later on. It's not useless."

You are the one embarassing yourself here. The exploit used by Gateway was removed by the newest firmwares. They may develop other devices in the futures that use other exploits, but this one is dead. Deal with it.

It's actually not dead. They're working on it to make it work on the later firmwares. The device is only "dead" if you're update happy and decide that every Nintendo update is a godsend after 4.5.

Having just joined today, you're out making reckless assumptions that the only ones who'd buy it are geeky people? You really don't know what you're talking about, because the Gateway is a huge step. And considering in the past we've paid sums higher than $150 for a first generation flashcart, this is nothing, really. You are spoiled by the current generation of flashcarts like the R4, because back then, things were never that easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong