Hacking Gateway PRIVATE BETA 2.3b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gateway-logo.png

Well I guess GW were waiting till after Beyonce to drop their update. Late night but still welcomed.

EDIT: Beta is now in the wild. Common sense should tell you not to leak it here but this is the Internet so I'm reminding you now: DO NOT LINK FILES HERE OR GIVE ARBITRARY HINTS TO WHERE IT IS!

Official News Update

Gateway said:
Today we are very proud to present Gateway firmware OMEGA 2.3b BETA to our beta testers!

For this update we focused on bringing support back for recent games and applications that use the new encryption method that was introduced in System Firmware 7.x and higher.
It took us a while before it was ready, but here we are today. We always deliver as promised!

With this update we are happy to announce that this brings our game compatibility back to 100% and we want to keep it that way!

But we also want to make a few observations:
* We have noticed that some recent games have started to use features only present on System Firmware 7.x or higher.
Firmware spoofing no longer works for these games, and emunand is currently required for these games to run.

* Classic mode will only boot emunand 8.x or higher if you have a genuine Gateway card inserted. You can still continue without, but
support for emunand 8.x or higher will not work.

We are still investigating if we can improve upon these limitations, but we currently think that this is an acceptable solution for the time being.
That and we also have a lot more interesting features planned that we want to release!

Our next focus will be revising the savegames subsystem. We think a lot of our savegame editing and retail gamecard users will be pleased with what we have planned!

Once approved by our beta testing friends, the final release will be published. If all goes well, this means very soon.

Until next time, ENJOY and as always support the innovators and not the imitators!

:arrow: Source

2.3b Changelog

What's working:

1. 8.1 emunand
  2. eShop
  3. 7.x encryption games
  4. 7.x encryption applications (tested youtube)
  5. Classic mode without Gateway (some features won't work though according to them.)
What's not working:

1. GBA games
  2. Booting retail game saves in classic mode
  3. 7.x encryption games without emunand
  4. They haven't fixed the incompatibility with savefiles of 128kb, as their launcher still creates these as if they were savefiles of 512kb.
  5. Their old custom encryption for saves has not been changed, so compatibility remains the same, and retail games that need 6.X or above, played in sysNAND will not work on emuNAND 8.1 as always.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, got the email in my junk folder, will test latest emunand, no 7.x games interest me except smash though so I won't test any of that.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did they add a decryption/encryption feature? Or do saves still use the old GW encryption?

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Emunand obligatory for latest games, that's mean more 3ds updated accidentally, all be carefull.

dimmujed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one become a beta tester? I need this update pretty badly to get Hoopa and Volcanion traded to my online / US 3DS for streaming purposes. So the sooner the better.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How does one become a beta tester? I need this update pretty badly to get Hoopa and Volcanion traded to my online / US 3DS for streaming purposes. So the sooner the better.
I was about to ask the exact same thing. I've previously sent them an email to their only public email address (sales), but they seem to have ignored it. They do say that technical/support questions to that email will be ignored.

Vengenceonu redkeyboard Any advice?

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so we have to update our emunand, does gateway supp lastest 8.0? I was confused at this part

But we also want to make a few observations:
* We have noticed that some recent games have started to use features only present on System Firmware 7.x or higher.
Firmware spoofing no longer works for these games, and emunand is currently required for these games to run.

* Classic mode will only boot emunand 8.x or higher if you have a genuine Gateway card inserted. You can still continue without, but
support for emunand 8.x or higher will not work.

We are still investigating if we can improve upon these limitations, but we currently think that this is an acceptable solution for the time being.
That and we also have a lot more interesting features planned that we want to release!

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty much what Schizoanalysis said. I asked before Omega came out, and told them what I could contribute, I wouldn't leak their updates, etc. After the last private beta they told me the ones who leaked it were removed so I don't think they are accepting news ones after that.

EDIT: Shit I forgot to turn off my Internet switch after updating to 8.1 emunand, now I got the little update nagger on my homescreen. A format erases it right?

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
When Public gateway 2.3 or whatever number comes out. I think it would be great if the news post that has it, has a link to how to update emunand to assist people. So that they don't brick their 3ds

Reactions: willdunz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro