Hacking Gateway PRIVATE BETA 2.3b

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7.x encryption taken down and smea probably releasing his exploit....

If Kirin manages to leak smash this week, it could be the best week in 3ds's history so far XD

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I booted into classic mode on a fresh sd card with no emunand at all (doesn't even say GW3D in the settings) and was able to enter it (I didn't play a game but got to the screen). As for Gateway mode, I booted into it and tried Tomodachi Life and it couldnt run. I guess you need emunand 8.1 for 7.x encryption games.

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I booted into classic mode on a fresh sd card with no emunand at all (doesn't even say GW3D in the settings) and was able to enter it (I didn't play a game but got to the screen). As for Gateway mode, I booted into it and tried Tomodachi Life and it couldnt run. I guess you need emunand 8.1 for 7.x encryption games.

So 7.x games won't run on emu 7.1?

Vengenceonu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing I have in mind. Remember that issue with ripped savefiles (from retail cartridges) that were less than 128 kb or something along the lines (like 3D Land and Ocarina of Time)? They were incompatible with the saves GW created in .3dz mode. Someone should test if they fixed this; if it still doesn't work, it should be reported to them.

You'll have to walk me through this. I've never particularly cared for the .3dz online buisness so I haven't been keeping up with it.

Cybore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure since i dont use my emunand to play card 2 games ( pokemon and animal crossing I own legit copies and another 3DS), but i did have an X and Y save on my GW (7.1.16) from when i was trading myself Diancie before I updated my emunand to 8.1. I loaded up the saves on the new 8.1 and they seem to work. does that count?

From your post, I think there's a good chance that older saves will be compatible. But to clarify, do saves created from both gateway and retail work in 8.1?

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, I only have wifi settings on my emunand. So there is no possible way I can do an online update unless I am already in my emunand.

1000 times this. So simple. you can also move the icons around so the system settings icon isn't even visible on the real NAND. There's so many ways to avoid accidental updates I'm surprised it even happens, I guess having wifi in both and falling for the only 'exit system settings then go back in' trick would do it 9 out of 10 times though, I wonder why gateway never fixed that, i guess it's not possible.

Vengenceonu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to boot into classic mode without Gateway and was denied. I can continue but not all features will work.

photo (1).JPG

longxa762

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They hinted powersave cheat system in the next update, I wonder will it took them more than a year ..

aquishyface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, I only have wifi settings on my emunand. So there is no possible way I can do an online update unless I am already in my emunand.
1000 times this. So simple. you can also move the icons around so the system settings icon isn't even visible on the real NAND. There's so many ways to avoid accidental updates I'm surprised it even happens, I guess having wifi in both and falling for the only 'exit system settings then go back in' trick would do it 9 out of 10 times though, I wonder why gateway never fixed that, i guess it's not possible.

There has been a few times where the wireless settings from Emunand suddenly appear back on my sysNand after I know for sure i previously deleted it from sysnand. Now im in the habit of checking b4 booting in emunand. Does this happen for anyone else? Its not a huge deal just came as a surprise to me and i figure some people might think their safe when they might not be. Im only on my sysnand for a few seconds at most just need to be careful and not to close the lid lol.

Reactions: OuahOuah and AmeenX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol