Status
Not open for further replies.

ESDave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... is this good news for people who want a Gateway card but are on 8.x? Or what are the Gateway people blabbering about? Noob here so sorry for the brainache! lol

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You'll have to walk me through this. I've never particularly cared for the .3dz online buisness so I haven't been keeping up with it.

Ok, let's do this:

I uploaded these files just in case you don't have this games in cartridge form (I don't know what other games have this problem, but there must be many more out there.

I hope you already have TLOZ Ocarina of Time 3D and Super Mario 3D Land in ROM form. I sent you the headers of my own cartridges via PM, so you can inject them in your roms with the Gateway ROM Patcher v0.6.

Well, you are supposed to rip both, the ROM and the save file from an original cartridge.
Then, you must rename the files from .3ds to .3dz.
I think you also have to rename the save files (I don't remember this very well), to match the titleid of the game, as listed in 3ds.essh.co.

Games like Mario Kart and Kid Icarus do work, but I think the problem with the others is that the save file generated by Gateway when you play the roms without a previously ripped save file, is that they don't match the same file size of the ripped ones, which is 512kb.

If a message saying (the save file has been damaged, it will be deleted) or something like that, then that means GW hasn't fixed it.

BIG EDIT: Seems that a kid has been playing with my savefiles, so you may need to dump everything by your own, sorry...

Edit 2: The save file of Mario Land seems to be the one I dumped, so I hope you can try that one.

Attachments

• Save files.rar
    60 KB · Views: 195

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
It's likely that this is a new anti-clone measure from Gateway. This means that it's probably here to stay, especially if none of the testers experience any problems related to this anti-clone measure
It's completely fair that gateway get paid for their work. If you're using their exploit to access an older emuNAND that's a privilege not a right.

Reactions: cearp and OuahOuah

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone tried actually using Pokemon Bank instead of just loading it? If you select the game through the select button will it be able to transfer monsters to nintendo's service?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll figure it all out in the morning. I'm tired and this looks like it would actually take effort on my part to complete at 3am without fucking up.

Alright. I found the original save files, so use these instead to avoid problems. The actual size is 128kb for dumped saves and 512kb is for saves created by Gateway.

Just rename them using the titleid of the game.

Attachments

• savefiles2 OK.rar
    61.3 KB · Views: 180

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can confirm that the beta is now out in the wild. Funny enough, it was uploaded on a online store.

Woah, the launcher went from 2MB to 4MB. That's a lot of code.

Reactions: cearp

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
It's likely that this is a new anti-clone measure from Gateway. This means that it's probably here to stay, especially if none of the testers experience any problems related to this anti-clone measure

Looks a bit stupid to add even more protections because clones already copied out multirom and eshop roms bypassing that gateway protection put in 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.