Hacking Gateway from Teensy

KEITH-IRL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nearly ordered from them myself went with other peoples recommendations and bought from modschipdirect ordered two days ago and it has just been cleared from customs where i live so should have it today or tomorrow shipped with dhl express which was quick

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Did you get yours in good time? I hope it is from the UK as I do not want to pay import charges.
I have emailed them several times, with no luck.
Singapore post had Christmas delay, it took a month rather than 2 weeks.
If you are in the UK AND they haven't run out of UK stock, they ship from the UK. If not, they ship from singapore with Air mail. Use this chart to get an average:
http://www.singpost.com/send-documentparcel/transit-time.html

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore post had Christmas delay, it took a month rather than 2 weeks.
If you are in the UK AND they haven't run out of UK stock, they ship from the UK. If not, they ship from singapore with Air mail. Use this chart to get an average:
http://www.singpost.com/send-documentparcel/transit-time.html

I don't mind waiting 2 weeks, with confirmation it has been shipped. I can wait that out. Their website says they will be getting UK stock today or tomorrow. So should get UK stock shipped to me.

Reactions: MrJason005

KEITH-IRL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i emailed them 4 days ago asking did they have stock an employee called ash said they had loads as of writing the reply email ?

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i emailed them 4 days ago asking did they have stock an employee called ash said they had loads as of writing the reply email ?

They do have a back log of customers as they only hold like 20 in stock in the UK. So have to wait for the next shipment I think.

KEITH-IRL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mines seems to have been quicker ordering from US reseller modschipdirect ordered 2 days ago and it has passed customs already at london heathrow and exp delivery date of tomorrow 27th they also dispatched from Austraila and not the US so would recommend them for uk buyer due to quick dispatch and delivery just have to wait and see if the product works and is legit all in it cost £60 for the gateway and dhl express delivery

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe the reason they keep low stock is incase someone comes over knocking their door

That's the reason I thought too.

Mines seems to have been quicker ordering from US reseller modschipdirect ordered 2 days ago and it has passed customs already at london heathrow and exp delivery date of tomorrow 27th they also dispatched from Austraila and not the US so would recommend them for uk buyer due to quick dispatch and delivery just have to wait and see if the product works and is legit all in it cost £60 for the gateway and dhl express delivery

I've been looking and specifically wanted UK stock. It worked at £55 posted.

KEITH-IRL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also wanted uk stock but after hours of research it and the chinese new year it seemed there wasnt reliable uk sellers and for the extra 5 pound id rather spend that and get the gateway within 5 days instead of waiting 2 weeks to a month

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
its the sad reality, that pretty much all UK sellers dont hold much stock just in-case they get raided or whatever so they don't loose thousands of pounds of stock, better to loose 20-50 cards than 200-500, so really no matter what, its always a gamble on if they actually have the cards in the warehouse ready or if they are just expecting them in "soon™"....just from a logical point of view, i would say most uk sellers have small standing orders with the flashcard teams getting 30-50 say every 2 weeks or so, so there is never too many just sitting ready to be confiscated, but i doubt many/any resellers would admit to this practice as it would probably put people off, even though on average most people get their orders within a week, when it comes to Chinese new year or other holidays people draw the short straw and shipments are delayed etc so the wait can be a bit longer

Reactions: cearp

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I also wanted uk stock but after hours of research it and the chinese new year it seemed there wasnt reliable uk sellers and for the extra 5 pound id rather spend that and get the gateway within 5 days instead of waiting 2 weeks to a month

I have ordered a Gateway in the past so that's why I went with Teensy. They have gone downhill.

has anyone ordered from these guys?

http://www.gateway-3ds.net/

im thinking of going with them

I haven't personally. But if you do, please let us know the outcome.

its the sad reality, that pretty much all UK sellers dont hold much stock just in-case they get raided or whatever so they don't loose thousands of pounds of stock, better to loose 20-50 cards than 200-500, so really no matter what, its always a gamble on if they actually have the cards in the warehouse ready or if they are just expecting them in "soon™"....just from a logical point of view, i would say most uk sellers have small standing orders with the flashcard teams getting 30-50 say every 2 weeks or so, so there is never too many just sitting ready to be confiscated, but i doubt many/any resellers would admit to this practice as it would probably put people off, even though on average most people get their orders within a week, when it comes to Chinese new year or other holidays people draw the short straw and shipments are delayed etc so the wait can be a bit longer

This is true.

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its the sad reality, that pretty much all UK sellers dont hold much stock just in-case they get raided or whatever so they don't lose thousands of pounds of stock, better to lose 20-50 cards than 200-500, so really no matter what, its always a gamble on if they actually have the cards in the warehouse ready or if they are just expecting them in "soon™"....just from a logical point of view, i would say most uk sellers have small standing orders with the flashcard teams getting 30-50 say every 2 weeks or so, so there is never too many just sitting ready to be confiscated, but i doubt many/any resellers would admit to this practice as it would probably put people off, even though on average most people get their orders within a week, when it comes to Chinese new year or other holidays people draw the short straw and shipments are delayed etc so the wait can be a bit longer

Get raided? By what, orcs? Or are you saying that British law enforcement wastes its time and resources, harassing flashcart sellers? I mean with all the terrible things going on in the world they could be fighting, THIS is what they do? I used to admire the UK and Europe for resisting madness such as software patents and DCMA, the Digital Chiliastic Madness Act....

Reactions: bostonBC

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Get raided? By what, orcs? Or are you saying that British law enforcement wastes its time and resources, harassing flashcart sellers? I mean with all the terrible things going on in the world they could be fighting, THIS is what they do? I used to admire the UK and Europe for resisting madness such as software patents and DCMA, the (Digital Chiliastic Madness Act)....
yeah, plenty of uk mod chip sites and resellers have been raided in the past.....the police go where the money is and the political parties like donations from anti-piracy organizations, so that sets their work focus for the police....works the same world wide except in countries where piracy/fake devices are a major income for the country

MisterJohnson87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Teensy are terrible at customer service. Maybe they think if they stay silent it doesnt give who the are away perhaps?

But they will eventually ship....

I was in the same boat, ordered when it said in stock. Stuck on processing for 5 days, no feedback from them. Then all of a sudden it shipped

rickycoe123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Teensy are terrible at customer service. Maybe they think if they stay silent it doesnt give who the are away perhaps?

But they will eventually ship....

I was in the same boat, ordered when it said in stock. Stuck on processing for 5 days, no feedback from them. Then all of a sudden it shipped

I bought from them last year and was good. This time, been waiting 2 weeks on 'processing' no payment taken from my bank either.

Commodore Jim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would recommend Playmods. Very cheap compared to other places and my Gateway arrived within a week. I got a faulty red card and was worried about getting it replaced, but they were really quick to communicate and sent the replacement out the day after I emailed them, no questions and no fuss. They're out of stock at the moment, but if you can wait and order next week, you can be sure they'll deliver a good service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs