Homebrew Gateway from HBL

Harps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, I was wondering if there's any way to launch Gateway's launcher.dat from the homebrew launcher? If there is then awesome, if not then I'll start working on a way to do so as long as it's possible.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Launcher.dat is only used to launch from browser (I think). In the Gateway ultra zip there should be a folder called "3DS" containing the 3dsx and smdh

Harps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Launcher.dat is only used to launch from browser (I think). In the Gateway ultra zip there should be a folder called "3DS" containing the 3dsx and smdh
Are you sure? Neither of the versions I downloaded directly from the gateway site (3.4.1 and 3.6.2 beta) have a 3DS folder

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't Launcher.dat filled with bricking code a while ago? I don't trust GateWay anymore, does it still have the bricking code?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I was wondering if there's any way to launch Gateway's launcher.dat from the homebrew launcher? If there is then awesome, if not then I'll start working on a way to do so as long as it's possible.
Use the gw.3dsx and sdmh files like any normal homebrew app. Make sure you are on 9.2 or lower as well. You will also need to put the launcher.dat in the root of your SD card, or else you will get a black screen upon loading.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wasn't Launcher.dat filled with bricking code a while ago? I don't trust GateWay anymore, does it still have the bricking code?
You've got nothing to worry about if you own a Gateway, there was only ever one or two cases of legitimate Gateway owners bricking their systems.

If however, you're using a Gateway clone, you deserve to get your 3DS bricked.

Harps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You've got nothing to worry about if you own a Gateway, there was only ever one or two cases of legitimate Gateway owners bricking their systems.

I'm not using a gateway nor am I using a clone, I was using the gateway launcher to convert my games to .3DS then converting those to .CIA to install on my emunand, so I shouldn't have any issues with bricking.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't have a flashcart at all. None, I live with my parents, and they forbid me to spend money on anything that involves piracy. Sure, Gateway's not ALL piracy, but its main use is piracy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr