Gateway from HBL

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Yangarang, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Yangarang
    OP

Yangarang GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    Australia
    Hey guys, I was wondering if there's any way to launch Gateway's launcher.dat from the homebrew launcher? If there is then awesome, if not then I'll start working on a way to do so as long as it's possible.

2. ShinyMK

ShinyMK known as @initPRAGMA

Dec 29, 2015
    Launcher.dat is only used to launch from browser (I think). In the Gateway ultra zip there should be a folder called "3DS" containing the 3dsx and smdh

3. Yangarang
    OP

Nov 14, 2015
    Australia
    Are you sure? Neither of the versions I downloaded directly from the gateway site (3.4.1 and 3.6.2 beta) have a 3DS folder

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    There's a file called GW_3dsx.zip in the latest download, it's in there (easy to miss)

Yangarang likes this.
  5. Yangarang
    OP

Nov 14, 2015
    Australia
    I came back to say I found it just as you posted your comment! Thanks for the help

6. ShinyMK

ShinyMK known as @initPRAGMA

Dec 29, 2015
    Yeah sorry forgot to mention its in a oddly made zip inside of the zip. No idea why.

7. nobody231

nobody231 GBATemp's Resident Nobody

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Nowhere, USA
    Wasn't Launcher.dat filled with bricking code a while ago? I don't trust GateWay anymore, does it still have the bricking code?

8. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Use the gw.3dsx and sdmh files like any normal homebrew app. Make sure you are on 9.2 or lower as well. You will also need to put the launcher.dat in the root of your SD card, or else you will get a black screen upon loading.

9. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    You've got nothing to worry about if you own a Gateway, there was only ever one or two cases of legitimate Gateway owners bricking their systems.

If however, you're using a Gateway clone, you deserve to get your 3DS bricked.

10. Yangarang
    OP

Nov 14, 2015
    Australia
    I'm not using a gateway nor am I using a clone, I was using the gateway launcher to convert my games to .3DS then converting those to .CIA to install on my emunand, so I shouldn't have any issues with bricking.

11. nobody231

nobody231 GBATemp's Resident Nobody

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Nowhere, USA
    I don't have a flashcart at all. None, I live with my parents, and they forbid me to spend money on anything that involves piracy. Sure, Gateway's not ALL piracy, but its main use is piracy.