Hacking Gateway Downgrading

wprpalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm new to the 3DS scene, and I was just wondering if there's any benefit on downgrading my 3DS XL 9.2.0U to 4.5 to install the CFW. I don't have a Gateway card, but I do have a Supercard DSTWO flashcart.

Is it possible to use the emuNAND from the SD card without owning a Gateway card? I suppose the only caveat would be not running 4.5+ Roms, right?

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm ignoring the rest, but why would anyone think they now need to downgrade their flash cart to the 2.7 version of the launcher?
Stay on 3.0.1, no reason not to.

Well 3.0.1 is a beta... if he's worried about using beta software that can potentially have bugs, sticking with 2.7 is the safest thing to do

mb2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm new to the 3DS scene, and I was just wondering if there's any benefit on downgrading my 3DS XL 9.2.0U to 4.5 to install the CFW. I don't have a Gateway card, but I do have a Supercard DSTWO flashcart.

Is it possible to use the emuNAND from the SD card without owning a Gateway card? I suppose the only caveat would be not running 4.5+ Roms, right?

As long as you can boot your ds flash cart on the downgraded firmware then you can proceed to install the 4.5 cfw using the ds profile exploit. Its buggy but does the job and there's some good games that work on 4.5.

PLEYOR

Trophies
XP
Country
Another successful downgrade here :D. EU Zelda 3DS XL 9.0 down to 4.5.

I've not has any problems that I thought I would!

I haven't had the update nag either.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edit: Damn, it looks like once you have updated your red card with GW v3 you cannot do it, I tried with 2.7 launcher boot it wont boot into GW mode anymore it just asks you for your GW card or press A to go back :( Nevermind I will just leave it on 4.3.0, its not that major important or like you say buy a LM retail. Thanks m8 for your good help ;)

This needs to be reported as a bug. Their own 'testrom.3ds' doesn't work (jumps back to 'no cart inserted') and neither does the original DevMenu.3ds (software closed).

Edit: has anyone retried programming the FPGA using 2.7 Launcher.dat by pressing the right shoulder? I am not sure how FPGA differs from flashing so I don't know what the danger is.

OreNPluS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
there is option to downgrade pal 3ds to version 4.4 sonehow ?

i want to be able to run again my acekard so i will able to install the ds profile exploit :cry:

soopa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanna say thanks to everyone thats helped with the 3ds downgrading
just downgraded 2 3ds' and 2 3dsxl all with firmware between 5.x to 9.2 and have them all running cfw untill all gateway cards come in the mail

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, guys, tell me if I'm mistaken. I'm getting my first GW in a few days.
These are the steps I have to make in order to have 4.5 sysNAND and 9.4 emuNAND, right?

Don't downgrade to 4.5 if you want to play games using 6.x+ encryption like the Pokemon games and SSB, they won't read. I haven't downgraded myself, I just keep reading that result happening.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course! :evil:

All users know that there's a brick risk, everybody should act by his own ... (you know, not putting the cause on someone else. Damn, I'm getting old, I don't find words I want)
even if giving bad advice, the user should triple check before doing something. or wait a little until other users confirm or say not do follow your advice.

I think the phrase you were looking for is "Of one's own accord". There you go grandpa.

Reactions: Cyan

Drake008

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I downgraded and want to get into the GW Nand via DS Profile.
When I click on DS Profile nothing gets loaded.
I have installed the Emunand prior via the Browser exploit.
Do I have to format the emunand again?

The steps after 10 are not needed because of the already installed emunand. So no blue card needed.

EDIT
You DO need to install the Exploit file from NDS mode.

ApoQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Don't downgrade to 4.5 if you want to play games using 6.x+ encryption like the Pokemon games and SSB, they won't read. I haven't downgraded myself, I just keep reading that result happening.

What? Those games works perfectly on EmuNAND 9.4.

wprpalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is it possible to launch the emuNAND without having a Gateway card? Essentially, I want to have CFW as I have an NDS flashcart. I know I can dump the sysNAND and downgrade my 3DS XL without a GW card, but can I launch the emuNAND and/or reflash my sysNAND from my emuNAND (essentially giving me a backup)

Reactions: dicamarques

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Any proper tutorial to downgrade with ease? From 9.2 to 4.5?
Format the sd card in the 3ds to just to be safe so to fat32. Then format emunand on Gateway menu.
Then downgrade.

What? Those games works perfectly on EmuNAND 9.4.
If you have create them on 4.5+ then you can't use it.
I also think if you create them on classic you won't play them on 4.5+.

AmeenX

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria
3DS Downgrading thread

Report status

Report based on thread up to Page36:
100+ successfully downgraded consoles and 0 Bricked console, 1 unconfirmed brick(page 18)so far.

HE said that he used Gateway 3.0.0 for the first unit, while he was supposed to use 3.0.1 as it was released with dg packs!

otherstuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay from what I have read so far, newer retail games like Pokemon X or Fantasy Life will still work on classic emunand 9.4 with sysnand 4.5 after downgrade right? If I am not wrong it is just the saves that cannot be carried over from previous sysnand/emunand versions. So if I am okay with losing my saves and restarting the game then there should not be a problem with me downgrading?

EDIT: Also, I'm a little confused as to the steps here, I already have a 9.4 emunand together with a 9.2 sysnand system, do I just downgrade sysnand to 4.5 straight or do I format sysnand without sd card, plop sd card back in and then downgrade? Or do I format sysnand, sign into my NNID again then downgrade?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol