Hacking Gateway and Retail games

BMinkie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a gateway and im loving it soo far but can I play retail games on it ?

I really want to buy the collectors edition of bravery default when it comes out can I play it on my gateway or will it update my system and fuck everything up ?
original.gif

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Be careful though, don't use the newest firmware version 2.02b, it contains a trojan that Gateway specifically programmed to brick competitors, but ended up bricking legit uses as well. It's NOT safe to use this firmware currently.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_fl...#Flashcart.27s_software_versions_and_features
Actually my recommendation would be to install and start with 2.0b2, update to the newest emuNAND, download any eShop apps you want to use, update any retail cartridges that require updates to be played online, and then revert to the 2.0b1 launcher. Gives you all the functionality, none of the risk. Although eShop and system settings will no longer launch (in emuNAND). Not a big deal IMO since messing with system settings in emuNAND too much can brick you anyway, and you should be able to get everything you want from the eShop in one go.

JonnyMohawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful though, don't use the newest firmware version 2.02b, it contains a trojan that Gateway specifically programmed to brick competitors, but ended up bricking legit uses as well. It's NOT safe to use this firmware currently.

No, you are stating speculation as fact.

Firstly the official Gateway launcher has a sanity check that should prevent any 'brick code' from running. The reports of legitimate gateway users being bricked is questionable at best.

It is fine to give someone fair warning but what you are doing is fear mongering.

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you are stating speculation as fact.

Firstly the official Gateway launcher has a sanity check that should prevent any 'brick code' from running. The reports of legitimate gateway users being bricked is questionable at best.

It is fine to give someone fair warning but what you are doing is fear mongering.

Take your head out of Gateways ass. It's already been shown that file corruption (which can happen accidentally if you have a faulty sd card) can cause the same effect, sanity check or not. Other far more knowledgeable users (such as neimod) have already weighed up on this matter, and I take their opinion on much higher authority than yours.

Gateway bricking already happened to at least one other user on this forum (apollooo) and a number of users from other places. Gateway want to pretend these cases don't exist (since its bad reputation for them), but the fact remains that they never would have happened if gateway weren't a bunch of greedy fucks who went around programming trojans onto their software. Shame on them, and shame on you for defending this stupid practice.

COLD_SNAKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Xzi said:
Actually my recommendation would be to install and start with 2.0b2, update to the newest emuNAND, download any eShop apps you want to use, update any retail cartridges that require updates to be played online, and then revert to the 2.0b1 launcher. Gives you all the functionality, none of the risk. Although eShop and system settings will no longer launch (in emuNAND). Not a big deal IMO since messing with system settings in emuNAND too much can brick you anyway, and you should be able to get everything you want from the eShop in one go.

If you're using 7.1 with 2.0b1 there will be some bugs.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_ha..._v2.0b1.2C_R4i_Gold_3DS_Deluxe.2F3DSLink_v3.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries