Gateway and Retail games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BMinkie, Jan 19, 2014.

1. BMinkie
    OP

BMinkie GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2013
    United States
    Just got a gateway and im loving it soo far but can I play retail games on it ?

I really want to buy the collectors edition of bravery default when it comes out can I play it on my gateway or will it update my system and fuck everything up ?
    original.gif

2. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Yeah, classic mode. Everything works for retail cartridges, including online functionality if you've updated your emuNAND.

3. BMinkie
    OP

BMinkie GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2013
    United States
    emunand ? update ? where can I learn more about this ?

4. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library

Complete Gateway guide including EmuNand. Watch every thing and you will be a gateway pro.

5. Xzi

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
  6. BMinkie
    OP

BMinkie GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2013
    United States
    thank you

7. UltraMew

UltraMew GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY

Banned
    Aug 7, 2013
    United States
    Flying a blue hedgehog around
    Cat picture made this worth clicking.

RubenCantuVota likes this.
  8. spinner09

spinner09 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
  9. BMinkie
    OP

BMinkie GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2013
    United States
    1380326731731.gif

RubenCantuVota likes this.
  10. UltraMew

UltraMew GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY

Banned
    Aug 7, 2013
    United States
    Flying a blue hedgehog around
  11. Xzi

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Actually my recommendation would be to install and start with 2.0b2, update to the newest emuNAND, download any eShop apps you want to use, update any retail cartridges that require updates to be played online, and then revert to the 2.0b1 launcher. Gives you all the functionality, none of the risk. Although eShop and system settings will no longer launch (in emuNAND). Not a big deal IMO since messing with system settings in emuNAND too much can brick you anyway, and you should be able to get everything you want from the eShop in one go.

12. JonnyMohawk

JonnyMohawk Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2012
    United States

No, you are stating speculation as fact.

Firstly the official Gateway launcher has a sanity check that should prevent any 'brick code' from running. The reports of legitimate gateway users being bricked is questionable at best.

It is fine to give someone fair warning but what you are doing is fear mongering.

13. spinner09

spinner09 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    Take your head out of Gateways ass. It's already been shown that file corruption (which can happen accidentally if you have a faulty sd card) can cause the same effect, sanity check or not. Other far more knowledgeable users (such as neimod) have already weighed up on this matter, and I take their opinion on much higher authority than yours.

Gateway bricking already happened to at least one other user on this forum (apollooo) and a number of users from other places. Gateway want to pretend these cases don't exist (since its bad reputation for them), but the fact remains that they never would have happened if gateway weren't a bunch of greedy fucks who went around programming trojans onto their software. Shame on them, and shame on you for defending this stupid practice.

14. COLD_SNAKE

COLD_SNAKE Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2014
    Swaziland
    If you're using 7.1 with 2.0b1 there will be some bugs.
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_ha..._v2.0b1.2C_R4i_Gold_3DS_Deluxe.2F3DSLink_v3.0