Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

csos95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been seeing gateway fanboys whining about how sky3ds users will feel like idiots once gateway release a update and sky3ds is blocked.
Yes, the gateway has more features, but that doesn't matter when it doesn't work for most users.
The fact is gateway is blocked, has been for over a year, and even once they release this update it will already be blocked. Sky3ds works for all firmwares and has constant updates.
"But duh red button..." yeah there was a limit, was, the patch that removes the 10 game limit is automatically removed now.
A much worse problem is the fact that gateway purposely put bricking code in one of their updates and blamed it on users when it was triggered too easily.
If the update isn't out at the end of sunday, i'm buying a sky3ds so i'll have a product that actually works.

Reactions: Thomas12345

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because even if we assume the Gateway update won't come out until March, Sky will still be blocked, and they will still ask their customers to buy another Card to get around it.
GW could update in May and string us along with "the end of the week" the whole time and they'd still be less scummy than requiring customers to buy 3 cards in what will likely be less than a year.

Nah, cause in your scenario you're suggesting that Sky 3DS actually communicates with us (in which Gateway doesnt, at all. Or rather just doesnt live up to their words, even if they push their product).

Sky 3DS having 3 cards will be okay because even at that time Gatewait wont be out. There wont be other competition for Sky besides its clones.

csos95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf is with the irc? First some kid spams it with bots then I get banned for no reason.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyways... im pushing until Sunday then gonna either

a) Get a Sky3DS to use with my Nintendo 2DS,
or b) Buy a 4.5 3DS XL to use with my GW.

Being mad as i am for all of the drama GW is pulling, ill probably just get a Sky. Only $80 opposed to $220 and regardless, my Japanese NN3DS is gonna be a dust collector now that im done playing MH4G and its coming to the States soon. All good though, i didnt originally plan on using GW on this New 3DS when i got it anyways.

edit: Region Free makes my console worth $200 more in my opinion. Too bad.
edit2: Im also starting to believe alot of this "Gateway release con to sell inventory before jumping ship". Pieces are starting to add up.

BemaniAK

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been seeing gateway fanboys whining about how sky3ds users will feel like idiots once gateway release a update and sky3ds is blocked.
The fact is gateway is blocked, has been for over a year, and even once they release this update it will already be blocked. Sky3ds works for all firmwares and has constant updates.
"But duh red button..." yeah there was a limit, was, the patch that removes the 10 game limit is automatically removed now.
A much worse problem is the fact that gateway purposely put bricking code in one of their updates and blamed it on users when it was triggered too easily.
If the update isn't out at the end of sunday, i'm buying a sky3ds so i'll have a product that actually works.
Yes, Gateway is blocked, which is why they created EmuNAND so that it didn't matter.
For free, I should add.
Once sky is blocked, it's over, you can't play new games, personally I see a bigger issue with a blocked product being made useless than a blocked product only being a slight nuisance for people who update too early.
Sky has no method of unblocking, they just aren't being blocked, they automatically support every firmware without any extra work from them because they're using a half-baked usermode exploit that isn't fixed yet.
Yeah, the limit was patched by users then that was patched by Sky so they could force you to buy another card, they put in a limit on purpose for the sole reason of making you pay them more money.
Gateway went through a month of shit for their retarded bricking code and then started paying out of pocket to have 3DS' restored.
Sky doesn't do anything unless it means their customers have to pay them again.
Please, go ahead and buy a Sky, update your SysNAND to play new games and then start paying for a new card every 6 months when Nintendo starts blocking it while I enjoy a futureproofed product because I managed to go 3 months tops without playing a rom.

csos95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Gateway is blocked, which is why they created EmuNAND so that it didn't matter.
It does matter, unless you never updated for some weird reason (when gateway was announced and released the system version was already past the highest version it supports) or go out of your way to find a old console (unless you get lucky it's going to cost more than a new system), you're sol.
Yeah, the limit was patched by users then that was patched by Sky so they could force you to buy another card, they put in a limit on purpose for the sole reason of making you pay them more money.
What are you talking about? They didn't block the patch, they install it for you automatically when you use their program to write roms to your sd card.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as pissed as I am about waiting so long for gateway, they didnt actually announce anything and we have no proof of sonyUSA and garyOPA's information(nothing against them, just stating facts)

mojaswag

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyways... im pushing until Sunday then gonna either

a) Get a Sky3DS to use with my Nintendo 2DS,
or b) Buy a 4.5 3DS XL to use with my GW.

Being mad as i am for all of the drama GW is pulling, ill probably just get a Sky. Only $80 opposed to $220 and regardless, my Japanese NN3DS is gonna be a dust collector now that im done playing MH4G and its coming to the States soon. All good though, i didnt originally plan on using GW on this New 3DS when i got it anyways.

edit: Region Free makes my console worth $200 more in my opinion. Too bad.
edit2: Im also starting to believe alot of this "Gateway release con to sell inventory before jumping ship". Pieces are starting to add up.

buy a 4.5

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
One more time, END OF THE WEEK
hinh.png

BemaniAK

Trophies
XP
Country
It does matter, unless you never updated for some weird reason (when gateway was announced and released the system version was already past the highest version it supports) or go out of your way to find a old console (unless you get lucky it's going to cost more than a new system), you're sol.

What are you talking about? They didn't block the patch, they install it for you automatically when you use their program to write roms to your sd card.

"Unless you never updated for some weird reason"
Aside from the fact that no games require 9.3 and you had no incentive to update beyond Gateway's support.
On the other hand while you're playing sky eventually you'll update to play a new game and it'll be blocked, surprise!
Again you're ignoring the fact that GW is doing everything they can to get their shit working on more systems while Sky is just chilling out because Nintendo hasn't done anything to stop them yet.
Again you're ignoring that GW being blocked is the slightest inconvenience to people who always keep their system updated while Sky being blocked means it's over, time to buy a new card.

According to literally everyone I've ever talked to, the update Sky firmware blocked the unlimited ROMs patch and they then released their new card with no limit.
Care to share otherwise?

csos95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Unless you never updated for some weird reason"
Aside from the fact that no games require 9.3 and you had no incentive to update beyond Gateway's support.
On the other hand while you're playing sky eventually you'll update to play a new game and it'll be blocked, surprise!

According to literally everyone I've ever talked to, the update Sky firmware blocked the unlimited ROMs patch and it's only present on their blue button card, which old customers had to buy.
Care to share otherwise?

I said that by the time that gateway was released, the system version was past the highest it supports. Thee was no incentive at that time to not update. I didn't mean that people who now have 4.5 had no reason to not update.

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
GW is a business, a business week finishes on a friday.
And then if not Friday, maybe Saturday!

Or Sunday!

Or 48 hours after Sunday...

Or "by the end of the week that is soon around the corner..."

We shouldn't have to play these guessing games. Why can't GW just be upfront about this stuff ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1