Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

satanicangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Don't worry, this thread will probably be still going in March...

I think I read an email that their reply was will be before 18th of Jan. That is the only confirmed time they give.. Seeing how they being so careful about time I don't think it will be later than 18th of Jan, rather it should be way ahead of that date.

CycloidCell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gee Phantom WHY do you think I care about the 9.2 update in the first place? :D
Not to play games obviously. I can let the cat out of the sack now: I wanted to show Decode translated running on 9.2 for New Year and the GW team kinda put a damper to this. That's where my frustration is coming from.
I got a japanese 3DS and all the games I need. It's the unsigned code (= romhack) ability I care for ;)
I've gotta say; I'm really glad to see you say this :). The teaser that you guys showed about Re: Digitize Decode is about ~80% of the reason I pulled the trigger and got a Gateway. I'm very excited for your PSP release, and even more excited by the possibility of Decode!

Reactions: Phantom_User

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no thats not the point, people had already updated to 9.0-9.2 they said they were going to release it then work backwards.

I don't see where they said they were going to release it after they finished 9.x...

In fact, the quote still holds up. Maybe they did finish 9.x support, and then decided to just get the rest of the fw versions done as well.

ninjadudexp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see where they said they were going to release it after they finished 9.x...

In fact, the quote still holds up. Maybe they did finish 9.x support, and then decided to just get the rest of the fw versions done as well.

if you look at there post, it clearly says they will release 9.0-9.2 when it is done, then under it they said they would work on lower fw after. they finished 9.0-9.2 and no release but are working on lower fw, but like i said whether it is right or not, its just not professional

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Oh come on we got "definitely before 18th January", this is as clear as you can be. The GW team was always ambigious with their choice of words,
if they are that clear, it must mean they are more than 100% certain they'll meet this deadline.

the update itself is complete & should be out as soon as they sort out the server issues.hopefully before monday :)

We have currently implemented support for firmware versions 7.0 until 9.2 and adding support for lower versions every day.
We apologize for the delay but want to reassure our users that it will be released soon.

Reactions: Thomas12345

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But haven't we established that the team working on the Firmware and the support answering the mails are two completely separate departments?

I think "departments" is an overstatement. A project of this size won't be more than 10 people who handle multiple jobs. 3/4 embedded software/hardware engineers who handle software, writing features, breaking security, generally making it nice to use. Embedded engineers tend to also be good hardware engineers but they may also need another for designing PCBs. Then you have a admin/accountant and a manager and you've got your team.

not even close, because when they announced it, it was solely just 9.0-9.2 they announced lower fw compatablity AFTER 9.3 came out so, it was pretty much just for people who were lucky enough not to update, it was not there intention to begin with and did not cost them more costumers because the costumers below 9.0 were just informed about 2 weeks ago. that would not have impacted sales, because 9.3 was already out
I think this is the main reason they changed their mind about support. Before nintendo patched 9.3, they could've just told people to go online and download the latest firmware. After the patch they had to add 8.0 support so that people on lower than 8.0 had a way to update to a compatible firmware as they couldn't use the wifi update any more.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you look at there post, it clearly says they will release 9.0-9.2 when it is done, then under it they said they would work on lower fw after. they finished 9.0-9.2 and no release but are working on lower fw, but like i said whether it is right or not, its just not professional
That's just it; nowhere in the post does it say "We will release support for 9.x and THEN work on lower firmware versions." All it implies is that they would work on lower firmware versions after 9.x was completed.

Or maybe I'm just incredibly blind and simply can't see the word "release".

Reactions: dplaktos

ninjadudexp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just it; nowhere in the post does it say "We will release support for 9.x and THEN work on lower firmware versions." All it implies is that they would work on lower firmware versions after 9.x was completed.

Or maybe I'm just incredibly blind and simply can't see the word "release".

"We also want to inform our users that we are still working on native support for sysnand 9.0 – 9.2, so please be patient until we are ready to release!"

those fw support are done already.

ninjadudexp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That MAN and his TEAM are translating one of the BEST Digimon games to have come out for the past DECADE. So you watch your tone towards him young man! I won't tolerate any disrespect in OUR thread.

<disclaimer: I'm obviously joking>

he is i thought the team who is doing the psp version are the ones working on it soon enough. there just porting their translation from psp and then filling in the areas that changed from system to system. cant wait tho

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
he is i thought the team who is doing the psp version are the ones working on it soon enough. there just porting their translation from psp and then filling in the areas that changed from system to system. cant wait tho

My team is the team doing the PSP Translation. We just will pick up the 3DS translation as well, but this is not the thread for explanations, it would become complicated.

ninjadudexp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My team is the team doing the PSP Translation. We just will pick up the 3DS translation as well, but this is not the thread for explanations, it would become complicated.

cool didnt know you guys were on here, thought you were like a private team working alone somewhere llol but non the less off topic but thanks for your work

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That MAN and his TEAM are translating one of the BEST Digimon games to have come out for the past DECADE. So you watch your tone towards him young man! I won't tolerate any disrespect in OUR thread.

<disclaimer: I'm obviously joking>

You owe me one Romsstar
Wait what? You cant say stuff like that without providing a LINK.....Digimon fan here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...