Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSuneku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any tips on how to avoid updating my 3ds by accident in the future(if there are any)? dos and donts while using and maintaining a gateway 3ds?

willdunz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just ordered a JP NEW 3DS LL a few hours ago. I hope there's still time to upgrade to 9.2 when it gets here.

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
The man power alone it would take to go back, open (so no longer new unless they become factory sealed again, but then they're not new if theyve been updated anyway) update then reclose probably millions of consoles makes me seriously doubt it, the most they would do is ask retailers to do it. Or even more likelier just issue the update and hope people download it.

I know,but i think it's worth it for them,for the developers and retailers alike,also they still have time (if we consider the release date is the same as MH4,March)
Ninjhack is silly comparing to this yet they pulled it from JP eshop and ask game shops to return unsold copies(even though this much easier but still ninjack is way limited atm to be taken seriously)

cocoPika

Trophies
Website
sky3dsnewsinformation.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, this update will support gateway cards bought before this. They will not be releasing any new hardware from what people have heard through them in emails. I can't estimate how much more money they would make over the holiday, but judging from the hype, quite a bit.

So you mean that new firmware will support both 4.X and 9.2.0?

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
You seem confident. Prove it, convince me.
I just can't see it happening, it seems irresponsible to me.

Me think same thing too.

At this time it is not confirmed either way. Gateway might have emunand but not yet added the GW part to GW3D. Either way we cannot confirm emunand is yes or no.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Me think same thing too.

At this time it is not confirmed either way. Gateway might have emunand but not yet added the GW part to GW3D. Either way we cannot confirm emunand is yes or no.
Looks like they just directly ported everything from the old launcher. Doubt they'd forget that.

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like they just directly ported everything from the old launcher. Doubt they'd forget that.

Maybe still still in the process of bringing emunand support? Otherwise, if they have finished they should can release new update already.

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
So you mean that new firmware will support both 4.X and 9.2.0?

Not sure about that, but the new firmware will work on older gateway cards. Gateway has said though that if you are on 4.x that you should stay there instead of updating, which I think would be the best idea. This post might be able to help you with some questions too.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, to force people to buy more carts.

I don't really disagree w/ that, in fact I bet there is a lot of truth in it.

Of course it could also be that it's because their implementation some might only allow ten slots as a space concern. Haven't some people using the hack to get more than 10 games on there lost data (read that somewhere, don't know how reliable that post was)? Emulating savers could cause an actual issue that makes it the real cause rather than short sited greed.

That said, I'm still betting on the greed. :-)

Sparks43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The man power alone it would take to go back, open (so no longer new unless they become factory sealed again, but then they're not new if theyve been updated anyway) update then reclose probably millions of consoles makes me seriously doubt it, the most they would do is ask retailers to do it. Or even more likelier just issue the update and hope people download it.

It has happened in a shop near me

They are now left with at least 200 coral pink 3ds consoles that are not on original FW

And they still want €179 for each

Reactions: cearp

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no games that come with update 9.x
This is going to be a problem someday.

Edit:

Wow, I swear I made this post before reading yours.

And this is exactly why I think they said stay on 4.X if your already there and to update to 9.x now if you above 4.5. YOU MAY NEVER HAVE THE CHANCE TO DO UPGRADE TO AN EXPLOITABLE FW VERSION AGAIN. Not because the 9.X version of GW's software has some sort of problem and will never get the features 4.5 users have. And yet still people ask "But why did they say to stay on 4.5?!?" 'Cause if I update my 4.5 3DS right now I can't use my GW until they release the new version. It is most likely that it really is the reason. After that video, if you still are wondering you are probably over thinking it. Feel free to mock me publicly if I'm proven wrong.

Sorry, for replying to such old posts and repeating anything already said... But this thread grew 30 pages since I last looked at it and I'm still catching up and I might not have the time to actually do that... Catch up, I mean. :-/

By homebrew they probably refer to ninjh4x. Also I don't really think you can launch rom-hacks on that.

Their homebrew implementation has nothing to do w/ ssspwn or Ninjhax or Cubic Ninja that the user can see. They've had it for quite sometime now. Yeti 3DS is available on their web site and is a 3DS file that runs directly from the GW red cart not a 3DSX from the "big" SD. None of Smealum's release is likely to be involved. They can load things the 3DS has security features to not allow (e.g. warez and region free). Do you really think they someone elses hack to run unsigned code? o.O

It is a thought... mech from you're image, Just make sure ?

Real Gateway looks black you're looks blue like the fake ...

But if they do this to you, They will be black and blue .

Real GW logo is blue. That's just a bad pic.

Old games won't magically gain new features.

Crap... Sorry. Already answered.

Reactions: Codename

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
No multinand just mean no online, that doesn't sound too terrible.
With DEVmenu, we can install update and DLC without eshop so the only draw back is no gaming online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good idea