Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyboogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1jNBeqF.jpg

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks! since my n3ds is literally empty, I can just create a emunand of that, and format the sysnand, and begin to install .cia's. They do sound like a pain in the ass, but once I get the hang of it, im sure it won't be that bad.

The only thing you should be using .cia for us DLC or themes (or stuff like BlargSNES) I personally think It's a bad idea to be using them when you can have .3ds or .3dz. Both are alot safer, the scene won't release .CIA (bar the NSMB2+DLC) so your using other peoples .. which as im sure you're aware could be full of any old crap. But the choice is yours :)

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing you should be using .cia for us DLC or themes (or stuff like BlargSNES) I personally think It's a bad idea to be using them when you can have .3ds or .3dz. Both are alot safer, the scene won't release .CIA (bar the NSMB2+DLC) so your using other peoples .. which as im sure you're aware could be full of any old crap. But the choice is yours :)

so im assuming just putting a header on .3ds is a lot simpler process overall.

ore9ore

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question before I go sleep.

Is here GBATemp UserGuides for using Gateway and instaling cia's ? I have seen "how to convert 3ds to cia , but I don't know about cia install. I see you guys talking about ir but i'm not following very well. Maybe a step to step thread ?

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now does the cia have to be a certain region to instaill? how much longer i want my gw playable now that how excited im for the update

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks! since my n3ds is literally empty, I can just create a emunand of that, and format the sysnand, and begin to install .cia's. They do sound like a pain in the ass, but once I get the hang of it, im sure it won't be that bad.
STOP right there. :whip:
Don't even think about formatting sysNAND. Just format emuNAND.
If you format sysNAND, you'll need to update it to 9.4. That means no GW for you. :unsure:

Reactions: viral777

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
I have a question before I go sleep.

Is here GBATemp UserGuides for using Gateway and instaling cia's ? I have seen "how to convert 3ds to cia , but I don't know about cia install. I see you guys talking about ir but i'm not following very well. Maybe a step to step thread ?

It's not hard to install it you just pt the CIA on the 3DS SD card the select it on the Dev Menu, the dev menu will install it itself and then it will be a gift like the games you download from the eshop.
About how tu use GW you should wait till the update is out as it most likely wont work the same as on 4.5

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anybody know if using an upgraded micro SD card is a bad idea for holding 3ds games? I was thinking about picking up a 128gb one for dirt cheap. I know they get relatively unstable when full, but I don't think I'd fill it THAT full. Like, is there any immediate downfall to using one?

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
I was under the impression that it'd only update you to 9.4 if it was nagging you before. If not, it'd let you format no problem??

It seams since 7.x (or maybe 8.x) nintendo ask you to connect to the internet to format and if there is an update then... It updates. Formatting sysNAND is only okey for 4.5 users.

Reactions: Phantom_User

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
I was under the impression that it'd only update you to 9.4 if it was nagging you before. If not, it'd let you format no problem??
I've heard the format procedure's changed in the recent firmwares but I don't know, to be honest (I haven't formatted a 9.x system). Either way, it's best not to even touch it. :P It's too risky.

Reactions: Phantom_User

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
anybody know if using an upgraded micro SD card is a bad idea for holding 3ds games? I was thinking about picking up a 128gb one for dirt cheap. I know they get relatively unstable when full, but I don't think I'd fill it THAT full. Like, is there any immediate downfall to using one?
its pointless, they are usually like a 1-4gb sd card but spoofed to a bigger sie.....all you do is pay more for the same space as if you buy a 4gb card and not only that they will just break and corrupt your data..........TL : DR dont even think about them :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1