Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well Ive sent them another mail. ( I feel ashamed on how much times Ive bothered them with my silly paranoid questions... But a mans gotta be sure. ) :unsure:
Even without actually having it in my hands, I can give you a 99.99% guarantee that all the functionality will be the same on the "old" 3DS with 9.2 as it is on the new 3DS with 9.2. It makes it that much easier for Gateway to provide instructions on usage and support.

young24601

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. For those of you who bought the japanese new 3ds, is it as simple as changing the system language to English or are there other caveats? The intention is to only use this with gateway, nothing else. I would keep my na 3ds xl.

The option of doing multiplayer with the japanese new 3ds and my na 3ds xl would be nice too, is that possible?

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
The best feeling was hoping for at least Single Slot ROM. F*ck EmuNAND, F*ck eShop and F*ck Region-Free. As a 9.X user, I was prepared for the worst. After that video was dropped ..

Christ all mighty my balls fell with it. I was really, REALLY not expecting such development. You'd think Gateway would have to start from Stage 0, but screw that! They're back to Stage 20XX.

This is why they're the leader at the moment. Even though they REALLY failed a lot with bricking code in b2 update, they have redeemed themselves time and time again. For everything wrong they do, they'll have to do ten things right, so give' em a shot.

Who knows? Maybe they're working on EmuNAND as we speak. We'll just have to wait and see.

But EVERYONE has to agree with the following: For such a different firmware, they really pulled it through. And like I theorized before, they did ALL this in ROUGHLY 40 DAYS.

40 Days.

So give 'them chaps credit, will you?

Hi everyone. For those of you who bought the japanese new 3ds, is it as simple as changing the system language to English or are there other caveats? The intention is to only use this with gateway, nothing else. I would keep my na 3ds xl.

The option of doing multiplayer with the japanese new 3ds and my na 3ds xl would be nice too, is that possible?

Nope, it's JAP only.
Online Multiplayer with JAP New 3DS is fine. Local Multiplayer though, not so much I believe (although I think the restriction is tied to the ROMS).

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best feeling was hoping for at least Single Slot ROM. F*ck EmuNAND, F*ck eShop and F*ck Region-Free. As a 9.X user, I was prepared for the worst. After that video was dropped ..

Christ all mighty my balls fell with it. I was really, REALLY not expecting such development. You'd think Gateway would have to start from Stage 0, but screw that! They're back to Stage 20XX.

This is why they're the leader at the moment. Even though they REALLY failed a lot with bricking code in b2 update, they have redeemed themselves time and time again. For everything wrong they do, they'll have to do ten things right, so give' em a shot.

Who knows? Maybe they're working on EmuNAND as we speak. We'll just have to wait and see.

But EVERYONE has to agree with the following: For such a different firmware, they really pulled it through. And like I theorized before, they did ALL this in ROUGHLY 40 DAYS.

40 Days.

So give 'them chaps credit, will you?

Nope, it's JAP only.
Online Multiplayer with JAP New 3DS is fine. Local Multiplayer though, not so much I believe (although I think the restriction is tied to the ROMS).

I agree, i honestly don't care for emunand, i'll stay on 9.x forever if i have to. multirom, cia install, and region lock bypass is good enough for me!

joseph0042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the gateway drain the battery more than a retail card? (because of the constant sd-card reading?)

Interesting question. I don't know... Without testing on the same device a retail cart and the gateway cart I doubt you would be able to tell. Plus it would have to be extremely similar game play.

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Honestly, why wouldn't they wait for USA and EUR consoles to be released? If they don't, they're practically throwing out this exploit for entire regions.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Honestly, why wouldn't they wait for USA and EUR consoles to be released? If they don't, they're practically throwing out this exploit for entire regions.
[speculation]it might be that ssspwn uses a similar vulnerability which is now already in the open....if i had to guess, i would say they are waiting to see if nintendo block their exploit along with ssspwn....if not, they may very well delay to close enough to the EU/US launch to ensure compatibility with at least the first batch.....but im guessing they are fairly sure they are going to be getting blanket blocked and decided its best to just put the word out not to update[/speculation]

Belmondo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

The Australasian console's are the same as EUR. There is no reason not to import as region free is shown in the video even if you are going to import the JAP version which has only JAP menus I don't imagine you will be spending a lot of time looking at/reading menus. The only thing you would really miss is eshop but isn't really a problem with latest patches been dumped and rls'd as .cia and unless there is emunand on 9.x there won't be any eshop access anyways.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country

One thing that's been crossing my mind a lot is the fact that everyone just seems to not give Ninty any credit either. They DO have a department related to bug testing and those kind of things y'know?

It's not because an exploit was found that Ninty isn't aware of it already. They might have been combating it for weeks/months for all we know. I mean if they didn't, what would be the use of them throwing out firmware revisions regularly besides adding new features?

So, with that in mind, it's useless to wait for N3DS's regional EUR and USA launch. That would make a lot of waiting clients angry (support was said to be given for 9.2 AND! A Video was shown). Besides that, imagine that yes. Gateway waits for the EUR and USA launch and that yes, EUR and USA launch brings an update that fixes X/Y/Z problems.

Imagine the following scenario: Gateway comes publicly saying "We can't fix this. There's no loophole for us to take advantage of here. Tough luck. 9.3/10.x won this bout".

Then WHAT? What would you do THEN? You'd all put your hands in your pockets, kick a rock in the sidewalk and say: Aww man. Bummer.

THAT'S IT. END OF STORY.

We all waited for (in worst case scenario) a MARCH release for EUR/USA N3DS for NO.REASON.AT.ALL. IT WAS IN VAIN/MUNDANE/USELESS. Christ. I don't want to sound like a prick, but sometimes, you've got to think a little bit ahead y'know? You've gotta take in consideration the other parties. You can't label everyone as dumb shit and you seriously can't expect everyone to be crossing their arms waiting for something to happen. In this case, everyone thinks that, by the time GW reveals how they did it, everyone else will go: "OOOOOOOH SO THATS HOW". Bullcrap.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[speculation]it might be that ssspwn uses a similar vulnerability which is now already in the open....if i had to guess, i would say they are waiting to see if nintendo block their exploit along with ssspwn....if not, they may very well delay to close enough to the EU/US launch to ensure compatibility with at least the first batch.....but im guessing they are fairly sure they are going to be getting blanket blocked and decided its best to just put the word out not to update[/speculation]

Pretty much agree with you there. N3DS is far from release in EUR/US. Gateway are a very smart company, if they knew their exploit would hold out then I'm sure they would've waited until a worldwide release to ensure Max profit.

With this release whilst 9.2 is available. If they know their exploit can be patched, they can release, earn a few and then the blocking game will resume. However let's not also forget that many users currently still own a 3DS of some kind, so they still have a pretty large market to sell carts too.

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
The Australasian console's are the same as EUR. There is no reason not to import as region free is shown in the video even if you are going to import the JAP version which has only JAP menus I don't imagine you will be spending a lot of time looking at/reading menus. The only thing you would really miss is eshop but isn't really a problem with latest patches been dumped and rls'd as .cia and unless there is emunand on 9.x there won't be any eshop access anyways.

My original point of locking out entire regions still stands. It will impose the same limitation as before. You only needed an old firmware before, but now you'd have to pay for an imported console that would also be out of your region. With that, if Gateway functions the same, you'd have to either buy the games and then dump them to play them, or pirate them from the get-go. Doesn't seem that worthwhile when they could wait, see what happens with the new 3DS (or whatever its name will be in the US) and allow people to have a fully functional console, with their region, and usage of Gateway. If they plan on marketing on one firmware, they can go for it, but unless it utilizes the same exploit as something already out in the open, it seems foolish to release it right now.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
maybe they have inside info that nintendo has finished up the first batch of EU/US consoles :P.....plus has the EU/US release date actually been confirmed as march, for all we know (unless i missed something) it may be getting released before the first N3DS exclusive same as AUS/JPN

Reactions: Phantom_User

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe they have inside info that nintendo has finished up the first batch of EU/US consoles :P.....plus has the EU/US release date actually been confirmed as march, for all we know (unless i missed something) it may be getting released before the first N3DS exclusive same as AUS/JPN

We all just assume March because that's usually when Spring starts :) (Spring is March, April and May). The N3DS is slated to hit Spring 2015 (we guess).

Also:

Wiki with source Techbuffalo said:
Nintendo also mentioned that the New Nintendo 3DS would not release in North America or Europe until 2015 as the company feels that those two markets have not yet reached peak market saturation with current 3DS models

So, if you really wish for Gateway to release as late as THAT. Be my guest, but keep it to yourself.

Belmondo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
With that, if Gateway functions the same, you'd have to either buy the games and then dump them to play them, or pirate them from the get-go.

You can play retail carts with gateway under classic mode no need to dump them. The only problem I see is importing which I agree but you aren't loosing out on anything else apart from some $. This is coming from me who's region has had the new 3ds release and could just walk into the local ebgames to pick one up, but I also imported the jap SSB new 3ds xl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5cgll8v7iA