Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamelSnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im guessing the second. Flashing the card would probably be a bit too much for some users, plus it might require additional hardware, if I'm not mistaken.

I was thinking that IF gateway gives emunand to 9.0/9.2 3DS users, they would include their diag tool which is able to read the red card, maybe even write? If we look at the video when they showed us system version it didnt have GW before the number. I'm thinking that they got some way of writing an update to the red card therefore no more need of the blue card.

Reactions: GotKrypto76

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I was thinking that IF gateway gives emunand to 9.0/9.2 3DS users, they would include their diag tool which is able to read the red card, maybe even write? If we look at the video when they showed us system version it didnt have GW before the number. I'm thinking that they got some way of writing an update to the red card therefore no more need of the blue card.
Why write the NAND to the red card? Isn't the SD card sufficient? Also, does the red card even have storage to store the NAND?

CamelSnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why write the NAND to the red card? Isn't the SD card sufficient? Also, does the red card even have storage to store the NAND?

Well not write NAND to the red card but update it to run the new exploit. Like how you would need to replace some files in the DS flash cards.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i got mine from each mall in the same manner but mine came with an unfolded box, pretty sure it just came straight from the factory. Do you guys think we will need to flash something on the red card or are we going to need to throw in another file in the red cards sd for the new gateway release?

Gateway cards are shipped like that to the resellers. It's down to them to put the stickers on and make the box. Nothing to worry about.

Same reason some Gateway's have perfect stickers, others are misaligned. Just depends how much care the reseller takes.

CamelSnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really tempted to get a N3DS I dont know if I should sell my 4.1 for one or just sell my 9.2 and 4.1 and get a new system and another gateway card. What you guys think I should do?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm really tempted to get a N3DS I dont know if I should sell my 4.1 for one or just sell my 9.2 and 4.1 and get a new system and another gateway card. What you guys think I should do?
Assuming you currently have 2 3DSes (one on 4.1 and another on 9.2), I would suggest selling the 9.2 one and ordering an N3DS. If you don't have a Gateway at hand right now, what I would do is order the N3DS now (Since it will be a pain searching for an exploitable one in the future), and wait until you can afford the Gateway if money's an issue.

Reactions: 2Hack

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
quick question guys, I'm selling my 9.2 XL to fund for a new one, Ive got a couple of games installed I bought off eShop, If I delete my Nintendo Network ID will the games go aswell? I've advertised the 3DS with the games so I wouldn't want to delete them by accident, Just want my details etc off there.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
quick question guys, I'm selling my 9.2 XL to fund for a new one, Ive got a couple of games installed I bought off eShop, If I delete my Nintendo Network ID will the games go aswell? I've advertised the 3DS with the games so I wouldn't want to delete them by accident, Just want my details etc off there.
Yes, games are linked to your NNID.

Reactions: Doran754

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Yeah, the games will go as well. The nnid has to be on there for the games to work.

Also don't delete. Deleting it, deletes the account entirely, so it no longer exists at all and everything goes with it (balance, friends etc).

You have to format to get rid of it, without deleting the account.

I think you may have to jump through hoops with Nintendo as well, if you intend to use the same nnid on another 3ds, as the format does not unlink it.

Reactions: Doran754

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
are you sure ? i have bought a used 3ds in the past & it came with a game or two installed,i think the games are linked to the console not the user's id but i'm not 100% sure.

They are linked to both.

If the console has no nnid, then they are linked to the console. Once it has an nnid, then they are linked to that and the console is linked to the nnid.

Reactions: satel

CamelSnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you currently have 2 3DSes (one on 4.1 and another on 9.2), I would suggest selling the 9.2 one and ordering an N3DS. If you don't have a Gateway at hand right now, what I would do is order the N3DS now (Since it will be a pain searching for an exploitable one in the future), and wait until you can afford the Gateway if money's an issue.

Money is tight atm (car bills..) but I already have a gateway I just want another one for my younger brother but hes stuck on 9.2 also. I just hope gateway can at least post some news about the upcoming update for 9.2 users.

RayBlackX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wouldn't mind, if you sell it to me for my 3DS + 20€, cause you get 90-100€ for mine :DDDDDD

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
are you sure ? i have bought a used 3ds in the past & it came with a game or two installed,i think the games are linked to the console not the user's id but i'm not 100% sure.
Perhaps I didn't express myself correctly,
What I meant to say is that if you wanted to redownload the games off the eShop, you wouldn't be able to use the same NNID without doing a system transfer.
And, I would assume perhaps that the console had no NNID, but the second you would create your own for your personal use, the games would be gone, yes?

Money is tight atm (car bills..) but I already have a gateway I just want another one for my younger brother but hes stuck on 9.2 also. I just hope gateway can at least post some news about the upcoming update for 9.2 users.
You can use the Gateway on both 3DSes and play simultaneously. All you need to do is use install .CIAs on the system.

Reactions: satel

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
They are linked to both.

If the console has no nnid, then they are linked to the console. Once it has an nnid, then they are linked to that and the console is linked to the nnid.

i see & can you download the games linked to your nnid to different 3ds if your old 3ds is lost or broken ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fIyYTN86_Uk&pp=ygUXc3BhY2ViYWxscyB3aGVuIGlzIG5vdyA%3D