Hacking Gateway 3DS Wifi Capabilities?

Pokemon7890

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does Gateway 3DS work with Wifi? For example, I wanted to play Pokemon X and Y wirelessly with my friends but don't know if it would work with Gateway? Also how can you prevent the 3DS from updating to 6.1 Firmware while using Wifi? Please post info?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway doesn't allow online play and you won't have to worry about updating if you're playing a game online, it's when you have the wireless turned on in the system menu that you have to worry.

Pokemon7890

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Subtle Demise said:
Gateway doesn't allow online play and you won't have to worry about updating if you're playing a game online, it's when you have the wireless turned on in the system menu that you have to worry.

Then how come it says Gateway is compatible with wifi on their website's FAQ section:

"- Can you play multiplayer local and mostly online?
Yes, but we advise not to use online features
- Do the game keep internet capacity?
Yes, but we advise not to use online features"

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Subtle Demise said:

Then how come it says Gateway is compatible with wifi on their website's FAQ section:

The online was disabled on gateway so people don't update their systems by accident (which apparently is very common) thus rendering the card useless. The local wireless multiplayer however seems to work fine according to gbatemp review iirc.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Subtle Demise said:

I don't know, since everybody has reported that it doesn't work. :P

That said, as far as I know the ability to stop updates via wifi was removed from the parental controls, and what people mean is to use parental controls to disable wifi AT ALL so that no online updating can happen on accident, or when somebody else uses your system.

Kei00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Local (wifi) multiplayer: Yes.
Online multiplayer: No.

Enable wifi only while playing local multiplayer, the rest of the time turn it off.

Pokemon7890

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will Gateway eventually release online multiplayer in the next few months? I really want to use Worldwide Trading in Pokemon X and Y.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Gateway eventually release online multiplayer in the next few months? I really want to use Worldwide Trading in Pokemon X and Y.

Read some of the topics around here before posting, dude. All the "Will Gateway release x feature?" questions will be met with the same answer: "We don't know." If you really wanna find out, e-mail the Gateway team yourself. But even they will probably tell you the same thing.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Read some of the topics around here before posting, dude. All the "Will Gateway release x feature?" questions will be met with the same answer: "We don't know." If you really wanna find out, e-mail the Gateway team yourself. But even they will probably tell you the same thing.

what funny is that people think that Pokemon X & Y will work on gateway

Animal crossing doesnt because of NAND saving
Monster Hunter 4 doesnt because of higher firmware feature requirement

X & Y will most likely have both of the above and more

i wouldnt expect Pokemon to work anytime soon

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wouldnt expect Pokemon to work anytime soon

I have hope that someday Pokemon X/Y will run on Gateway, but you're right about that, it's unrealistic to expect them to work close to launch. At least while there're still so many unknowns with it not even being out yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended