Gateway 3DS, ROM releases & GBAtemp

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think it would be a little more intelligent to wait it out. further development after this one will show how to play games of different regions.
Assuming they do real development aka finding an exploit that allows them to run their own code to bypass the region check. Basically all they did is emulating a game cart, but they have no access to the software, which is why a loader will not happen. Team Cyclops once said they are working on making DSiWare playable but they failed. This team claims all sort of things but they will fail, too. Gateway 3DS is just quick money for them.

Reactions: shakirmoledina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HYPED. GETTING THIS FOR SURE. And if there is no multi-game loader, who cares? There are games I want to complete, and don't play others, or else it gets me a bit strange.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So is this a cart then that will be stuck on the one game to one Micro SD card then or is a loader on its way at some point?

I thought I read at the at start that the first video was only showing a game on each micro SD because it was taken before the loader was completed?

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is excellent news for the 3DS, I predict a rise in console sales, which will bring more game developers, then more choices for the consumer.. Everybody wins!

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is this a cart then that will be stuck on the one game to one Micro SD card then or is a loader on its way at some point?

I thought I read at the at start that the first video was only showing a game on each micro SD because it was taken before the loader was completed?

They said they are working on a loader, nobody knows if it will ever be completed.

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If the save works properly I don't bother to use zillions of micro sd cards and no online features, for those games I'll buy original ones :P

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People say piracy hurts developers but for me that was not true, I mean when I was a kid a friend of mine showed me how to play gameboy games on pc, when he did, the games that I liked I bought, and when I say bought I mean bought 40+ gameboy games, and the one I did not like I just deleted them. This was about 15 to 16 year's ago and I if never had got into downloading "backup" gameboy games I would have never bought as many great games. hell if it wasn't for roms I probably would have not bought a lot of great games. But now with youtube and a lot of great LPer's I don't find it necessary to download roms and see if I like the game to buy it.

I guess for me it was like renting a game to try if I liked it then buying it if I did.

Reactions: Haloman800

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess for me it was like renting a game to try if I liked it then buying it if I did.

If I was in less of a rush I would stop and pick issues but I should note that developers do get paid for rentals.

Is there currently any way for users to dump their own games?

If not, this is bad and you should feel bad.

Perhaps it is is the engineer/scientist within but same net result (give or take stuff about uploading for those methods that use uploads) means that is at best a matter of how seriously you want to take Nintendo's policy on the matter.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, on the one hand, it would be much more sensible to wait... being blocked by updates, better cards coming later, etc. On the other hand, looking at the roms list there are a fair number of games I'd like to try that I don't already have, since I didn't want to spend the money without playing it first (and I have around 15 3DS games... at least 3 of which I wouldn't have bought without eshop demos. Rental is not an option around me.). Decisions, decisions...

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are so many games I want to play, but I don't think it is worth 75$ (based on pricing range here in brazil).

AgentChet

Trunks, The Man.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like we have a future; whether it be for the good or the bad; Its happening either way.
They will need to fix the save issue
If Possible; add multi rom support
Prepare themselves to make patches for Nintendo's new firmware we all know they will release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, wishes I had a vagina +3