Gateway 3DS, News and Information

Liwern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well, it looks like Mario and Luigi Dream Team will install 5.x, but until those new games come out, we won't know.
Can we choose not to update when it prompts us?

Also, I now have an r4i Gold. Can I use both gateway and r4i? R4i for ds games and gateway for 3ds. I just need to swap the carts right. I don't know how gateway works, whether it tempers with my firmware or not. That's why Im asking

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Can we choose not to update when it prompts us?

Yes but you can't play that game if it asks for a higher firmware.

Also, I now have an r4i Gold. Can I use both gateway and r4i? R4i for ds games and gateway for 3ds. I just need to swap the carts right. I don't know how gateway works, whether it tempers with my firmware or not. That's why Im asking

And yup you can.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please try to use the 'edit' button next time.

And yep! You can deny the update. Also, the dude above me answered your second question.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
If they're sending you the review sample then it would be best for them to just wait for update, if it's days away.

Xenus

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all!
I just got my brand new 3DS. The firmware is ver. 1.1.0-0E. It's a pretty early version. I thought I can just buy and use a Gateway3DS when it's released since it's below firmware 4.5. However someone said the flashcart only works for ver 4.2-4.5. If it's true, then I should just update my 3DS and wait for them to crack the latest version.

edit: Oh I didn't know we can update 3DS offline by using games. This is great!

http://nds-ps3-games.blogspot.com/2013/07/gateway-3ds-tested-for-3ds-v450-how.html

So I just need to find, buy a game which is released in March 2013 to get firmware ver. 4.5.

Xenus

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm thinking of buying Fire Emblem Awakening. Do you guys know if it will do the job? ( force update ver 4.5 for gateway)

Or should I look for more recent games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The switch was about 350 in 2017