Gateway 3ds installation questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Erixdman, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Erixdman
    OP

Erixdman Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    I just got my gateway 3ds, but I already have things on my micro SD that I can't get rid of. So, first, does your micro sd have to be completely cleared before installing the files?

Second, when I look at the manual it says there should be a .DS_Store file that goes onto the blue card, but every time I download the install files from their site I am missing this. Is this a file that was removed with the new version or is it something important my comps having issues with?

2. petspeed

petspeed GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2009
    You don't have to erase existing files on the microsd that goes into the blue card. However the microsd going into the red card will be completely erased when you flash the rom to it.

I don't know about the .DS_Store file. It is also missing in the zip files I downloaded both for version 1.0 and 1.1a so I don't think it is needed. I don't have a gateway so I haven't tested it.

3. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    .DS_Store files are nothing to do with the gateway or (3)DS. They are files created by Apple Mac OSX to store attributes for a folder. On a mac they are hidden but are visible on PCs.
    Safe to ignore.