Gateway 3DS (blue) nds roms

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kingfield, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Kingfield
    OP

Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2007
    hey guys, just woneding whether anyone has actually been using the blue gateway card to play nds roms - if so, how is the compatability? are most games AP bypassed?

And saves and everything working correctly?

How is the general function of the card, say, as opposed to AKAIO (what I was previously using)

2. Rinth

Rinth GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2013
    New Zealand
    The Gateway DS card is only meant to be used once for the 3DS exploit. The fact that it can be used to play DS games is almost incidental. I would recommend a dedicated DS flashcart.

3. Kingfield
    OP

Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2007
    i won't be playing that much cuz i have a DS, there's only a few games that I wanna finish up (namely the last few phoenix wright games), just wondering if it's gonna be sufficient for that, basically.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It's just a r4ids.cn R4i Gold. That means it's perfectly fine for use as a DS flashcart. Unless you'd like to upgrade to a DSTWO instead it's pretty much the best option.

5. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    It will.

6. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    It's not even a R4i gold but a cheap clone which runs with a hacked firmware.

7. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
  8. Vassilis

Vassilis Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2007
    Belgium
  9. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    I meant the game compatability.
    I dunno about the features, they might be very limited, I know that has the in-game reset feature tho ... but again, I don't know if those features are anything special because it's my first NDS flashcart.
    The Gateway Team included a changelog which only lists another working game, so I bet it has the basic features + the game compatability that was present till then.

10. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    RTS does not work and it's incompatible with many games and fan translations. And it corrupted my saves twice so I lost about 7 hours of progress. Had to order SCDSTWO.