stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You won't have to format it, just put the launcher and mset.cia on it. The 3DS will create it's own folder on boot but you can leave the rest of your data in tact.

after installign NVRAM exploit on USA n3DS and booting into Gateway mode on a NON-EMUNAND MicroSD Card

STILL INVALID CIA

what the actual fuck

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
so, 3.2 update does nothing new for o3DS and 2DS, expect emunand support to 9.7?
also when you say support for Old 3DS this includes the 2DS aswell?

also i wonder when Cn + OOT bootmode support will happen for O3DS/2DS, GW said tat if they get engouh users interested they will support this for O3DS/2DS, but the new update is for new 3DS mainly :( .

so, 2DS users byte dust basically in terms of getting a more effient boot mode into gw emunand without online :nayps3:

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I used the 3ds another user referred me to... But it turned out to be the exact one I had. My NN3DSXL *US* will not load into DevMenu. This was an issue with me before. I simply used BBM before, but now that is not possible.

To clear things up, if I run GW Mode in sysNAND or emuNAND, I cannot load DevMenu. After selecting it in the Multi-ROM, I go to load, and it just black screens. I can either Power off the system, or I can take out my GW card, where the system complains about the cart being removed, and then power off anyway.

I can load BBM on both sysNAND and emuNAND but clearly it won't install the mset. Any advice?

Gonna try a different SD card. Though I have a legit card, I think perhaps something to do with it being exFAT or 64gb, or fragmentation... IDK....

^ That worked... Finally got DevMenu to load up in my NN3DSXL. Now to install mset. Yep no problems with the importa. It (the CSU) just wasnt playing nice with my mSD card (the one that goes in the redcard)

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed the "NVRAM Install" thing on a new microsd on my N3DS.

Then I put the GW3.2 launcher on my N3DS emunand microSD.

I launched the ds profile menu and ... black screen ! My emunand doesn't launch. But if I press L while launching the ds profile menu, I see the GW menu and can choose Launch GW mode, and my emunand is booting, I got all my stuff.

Is it normal that I have to press L to get the emunand booting ? thanks for the answer

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed the "NVRAM Install" thing on a new microsd on my N3DS.

Then I put the GW3.2 launcher on my N3DS emunand microSD.

I launched the ds profile menu and ... black screen ! My emunand doesn't launch. But if I press L while launching the ds profile menu, I see the GW menu and can choose Launch GW mode, and my emunand is booting, I got all my stuff.

Is it normal that I have to press L to get the emunand booting ? thanks for the answer

Yes its normal to hold L to go into GW mode.

maravig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have the same problem as Tilde88. I can't get DevMenu to run. I've tried multiple msd cards formatted via SD Formattter. Any other suggestions to get the mset installed??

Jeff

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If I use a DS flashcart, I don't have to reinstall MSET?
You will always have to reinstall MSET if you use a DS game, this is unavoidable.

What I meant was, reinstalling MSET using a DS flashcart would take about 10 seconds (compared with much longer using CN or OoT).

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have the same problem as Tilde88. I can't get DevMenu to run. I've tried multiple msd cards formatted via SD Formattter. Any other suggestions to get the mset installed??

Jeff

After never being able to run DevMenu.3ds on my NN3DSXL (even though it runs fin on my O3DSXL). I simply stuck my emuNAND mSD into my redcard (after putting the launcher, mset, and DevMenu.3DS in it) and ran DevMenu off that. Some sort of exFAT or Fragmentation error... On my part at least.

S0ulgain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I used the 3ds another user referred me to... But it turned out to be the exact one I had. My NN3DSXL *US* will not load into DevMenu. This was an issue with me before. I simply used BBM before, but now that is not possible.

To clear things up, if I run GW Mode in sysNAND or emuNAND, I cannot load DevMenu. After selecting it in the Multi-ROM, I go to load, and it just black screens. I can either Power off the system, or I can take out my GW card, where the system complains about the cart being removed, and then power off anyway.

I can load BBM on both sysNAND and emuNAND but clearly it won't install the mset. Any advice?

Gonna try a different SD card. Though I have a legit card, I think perhaps something to do with it being exFAT or 64gb, or fragmentation... IDK....

Did you try installing/importing Devmenu.cia on your SYSnand in Gateway mode first? Also bbmenu will consider it invalid so Devmenu is the only option atm

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will always have to reinstall MSET if you use a DS game, this is unavoidable.

What I meant was, reinstalling MSET using a DS flashcart would take about 10 seconds (compared with much longer using CN or OoT).
How do you install it with a flashcart? Is there a certain nds file?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks, I was afraid I did something wrong as it wasn't explained to hold L... sorry for the dumb question but thanks for the answer :)

GW will automatically boot into emuNAND if it is preset. You shouldn't have to hold L to boot, but it is an alternative. To fix the black screen you may have to either "keep trying" or reformat your emuNAND to get it working without pressing L.

Reactions: Leslie White

S0ulgain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you install it with a flashcart? Is there a certain nds file?

Blue Gateway card for old 4.5 O3DS has a ds exploit installed via running gateway.ds or w/e it was called on the flashcart back in the days so since we're merely downgrading our sysnand setting ver back to 4.5 it will work the same as it used to back then.

Also this will work on higher firmwares IF you managed to install the .cia that unblocks the ds flashcarts on higher firmwares past 4.5

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How do you install it with a flashcart?
You will first need to install the MSET exploit using CN or OoT so that the System Settings is downgraded to 4.5.

After that, you can use a DS flashcart (not the Gateway Blue cart, one that works on newer firmwares) to run the .ds installer. It should be that simple, and much quicker.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will first need to install the MSET exploit using CN or OoT so that the System Settings is downgraded to 4.5.

After that, you can use a DS flashcart (not the Gateway Blue cart, one that works on newer firmwares) to run the .ds installer. It should be that simple, and much quicker.
Ok thanks :)

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
GW will automatically boot into emuNAND if it is preset. You shouldn't have to hold L to boot, but it is an alternative. To fix the black screen you may have to either "keep trying" or reformat your emuNAND to get it working without pressing L.

Yes now emunand boots without holding the L button

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So with this method we're still at a point where we need to change cards to run the exploit if it's removed. At that we also need to launch the DS card to reinstall the exploit if it's removed from running NDS games and restarted... I think I'll just keep using CN... Less hassle than having to uninstall/reinstall all this crap. O3DS fanboys can rage on me since mset is what everyone's used to, but seriously, CN makes the most sense to me still.

Reactions: thorasgar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1