Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
OK, first I installed this to emuNAND due to incomplete instructions by the GW team, and then installed it on sysNAND and it works fine.
So, how to uninstall it from emuNAND (what's the file's name in dev menu?)? I tried running original DS game, but it just hang, and did nothing, DS profile is still installed on emuNAND.
Thanks!

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
why is your flag uk but your location roi?
and yeah, still 9.2, just now you will only need to use cubic ninja once :)

I live in that awkward Northern Ireland region that's UK but also Ireland.

Anyway, am I reading this right that you downgrade JUST the system settings to an older version? Not the entire firmware itself? When did the ability to do that come about?

Reactions: cearp

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Finally got it to work :wacko:..

used SD formatter suggested by one good 'sir and formatted both msd's put files back in and followed the many similar instructions we have been given.. and voila ! :) cheers and thanks everyone.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I live in that awkward Northern Ireland region that's UK but also Ireland.

Anyway, am I reading this right that you downgrade JUST the system settings to an older version? Not the entire firmware itself? When did the ability to do that come about?

haha, interesting, thanks :)
yes, well, we have been able to always do it, but the old ds exploit wouldn't have worked with it. gw updated their hack so now it does work.
we can technically downgrade the whole fw, just by installing older things over new ones. (i did this and posted it months ago when i released UpdateCDN)

What's the likelihood of having to use CN or OoT again for a future update, akin to us having to do a new update method for Gateway 2.0?

i would still keep the exploit game, because in case you mess it up, format your sysnand 3ds by accident or whatever, run a ds game (i think if you run gw after the ds game, without turning off, the exploit remains, but if you turn off after playing a ds game, you lose it and need to reinstall)
but i would not expect we need to use the game again provided you don't do anything wrong, anything new exploit should be able to be started from the mset exploit, but that's not for certain.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would still keep the exploit game, because in case you mess it up, format your sysnand 3ds by accident or whatever, run a ds game (i think if you run gw after the ds game, without turning off, the exploit remains, but if you turn off after playing a ds game, you lose it and need to reinstall)
but i would not expect we need to use the game again provided you don't do anything wrong, anything new exploit should be able to be started from the mset exploit, but that's not for certain.
I was planning on selling the Cubic Ninja I bought as soon as I use it once, but knowing my history of screwing things up, it'd probably be a good idea if I kept it. I don't plan on playing DS games (since that's what HD DeSmuME is for), but oh well, I can live with a $25 purchase rotting in my drawer.

Reactions: cearp

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I was planning on selling the Cubic Ninja I bought as soon as I use it once, but knowing my history of screwing things up, it'd probably be a good idea if I kept it. I don't plan on playing DS games (since that's what HD DeSmuME is for), but oh well, I can live with a $25 purchase rotting in my drawer.
well CN still serves as a way to decrypt games and access the eshop via NTR

mokonayoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Try the nds rom that zoogie linked earlier. I had the exact same problem and it fixed it. If you only have a blue gateway card then you can downgrade the whitelist so that works to load ds roms.

I did the following
-Installed the NVRAM with GWMenu
-Installed the mset_jap.cia file with devmenu.csu in sysnand
-Reboot the console
-Installed N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds using SupercardDSTwo (I installed the exploit back in 4.5 using it because I lost my blue card)
-Reboot the console

And still crashes when I run the exploit from DS Profile. It still bother me why it worked flawless in one console but refuses to boot in the other. Same firmware, same region, same Cubic Ninja.
FML:glare:

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I did the following
-Installed the NVRAM with GWMenu
-Installed the mset_jap.cia file with devmenu.csu in sysnand
-Reboot the console
-Installed N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds using SupercardDSTwo (I installed the exploit back in 4.5 using it because I lost my blue card)
-Reboot the console

And still crashes when I run the exploit from DS Profile. It still bother me why it worked flawless in one console but refuses to boot in the other. Same firmware, same region, same Cubic Ninja.
FML:glare:

you installed the nvram first? why not after the system settings... :)

mokonayoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
you installed the nvram first? why not after the system settings... :)

Because every tutorail said "install nvram first", and it worked with a N3DS with the same firmware so I don't see why it shouldn't work with another one in the same firmware... :unsure:

But yeah, I just
-Re-installed mset_jap.cia
-Reboot console
-Installed N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds
-Reboot the console
-Crashes at launch

Also tried
-Re-installed mset_jap.cia
-Reboot console
-Installed NVRAM
-Reboot the console
-Crashes at launch

Is there any way I can share a copy of DS Profile or something? Maybe this is an special case... dunno, there have to be a reason why the same method didn't worked for 2 n3DS.

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am on Emunand 9.5 and I tried following the instructions specifically the part of booting into gateway and installing the cia for my region. When I did that it and rebooted my system the profile button didnt work. Afterwards I read something of not to do that with emunand and use a fresh SD card. Well I tried that and it did work. My question is how do I restore my emunand system menu back to its original 9.5 without having to reflash the card with my backup or is that my only option.

Reason I want to do this is the system menu seems to be missing a lot of its options now for the N3ds including the microsd management tool

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
/!\ IMPORTANT INFORMATION /!\
Make sure that you are installing the cia file while booted IN SYSNAND (in Gateway Mode)

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I play DS games and the MSET cia is installed, do I have to reload the exploit through OoT/CN? Is there a clear answer?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am on Emunand 9.5 and I tried following the instructions specifically the part of booting into gateway and installing the cia for my region. When I did that it and rebooted my system the profile button didnt work. Afterwards I read something of not to do that with emunand and use a fresh SD card. Well I tried that and it did work. My question is how do I restore my emunand system menu back to its original 9.5 without having to reflash the card with my backup or is that my only option.

Reason I want to do this is the system menu seems to be missing a lot of its options now for the N3ds including the microsd management tool
Just a guess here, but since you are on 9.5 why not update to 9.7? It may fix your issue. If not you can update the system settings manually. I saw the instructions in the first couple of pages in this thread.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If I play DS games and the MSET cia is installed, do I have to reload the exploit through OoT/CN? Is there a clear answer?
Yes you will because running a DS automatically 'fixes' the bug used to run the exploit. If you run a DS game, you will have to reinstall MSET.

You can presumably do this using a compatible DS flashcart rather than having to load CN or OoT, however.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1