Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can we can install the mset exploit with the blue card now? Or do I need to launch OoT/CN after every time I play a ds game?

Reactions: Margen67

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
ok.. ill try to explain it... keep the msD you use for your emunand somewhere safe.. make sure it has the mset cia from your region..... on another msD card...(use a 4gb one) format it and put devmenu.3ds also put the launcher 3.2 in it... with the 3ds off put that card into the 3ds.... boot into the GW menu.... go to the far right and install the nvram thing..... once it finishes put an empty red card into the card slot and boot into GW mode... once there remove the msD card and put that card into the GW Red Card... hit select and dev menu will appear.. hit A.... find the mset CIA from your region and install it... exit and reboot... and find the ds profile.....

sadly i only get blackscreen after trying to boot into gw :/

Valfore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why not just restore NAND ? It's probably faster (no you won't lose any of your games/saves/whatever).

if i restore my emunand, it'll be 9.0.0-20, which means ill have to get my hands on the 9.5.0-23 CIA's to update it anyways, so same thing

doesn't matter anyways i managed to find what i was looking for :)

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Turn off N3DS.
Remove N3DS-MicroSD card that has enuNAND.
Find blank MicroSD card and put the region-specific MSET file on the root of it, as well as the new launcher.dat.
Find DevMenu.3ds, not BigBlueMenu.3ds. Only the older DevMenu.3ds will work here.
Put DevMenu.3ds onto the MicroSD card that's in the Gatweay cartridge.
Put the MSET MicroSD card into the N3DS and the DevMenu.3ds MicroSD card into the Gateway.
Power on, run Cubic Ninja or Zelda exploit to get into Gateway Menu.
Select "NVRAM Install" and proceed with instaltion. This will install to sysNAND, because the emuNAND card is not in the N3DS right now, and that's what we want.
Start Gateway Mode and launch DevMenu.3ds (by pressing select).
Import the MSET CIA to install it to sysNAND.
Turn off N3DS.
Take out the N3DS-MicroSD and replace with the emuNAND MicroSD.
Turn on 3NDS.
Go to Settings > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile to start the Gateway Menu.

NB: Running a DS game will erase the DS Profile Exploit. If this happens, use the Blue Card and run Gateway Installer.

i followed your steps & success on 1st go.thanks a lot :)

Reactions: retrospect

ll0rT

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if this will brick the console when we do system format with downgraded system settings

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fucking awesome! This is why GW is number one!

Rxtools has had support emunand 9.6/9.7a month ago!
Karl team has announced MSET support a mouth ago!
but ''thats why GW is number one''
sm7_facepalm.gif

Reactions: retrospect

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questions:
-- Has anyone actually tried using the blue card (with flashcardtimewarp.cia + mset.cia) and confirmed that it works to install the exploit?
-- What exactly does Gateway's nvram install do anyway? It's not installing the mset.cia because you're doing that with devmenu. So what is it doing instead? Is it just installing the exploit? If so, does installing flashcardtimewarp and using the blue card to install the exploit mean you don't need to use "NVRAM install" at all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: