Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, I got devmenu from 2.3.4, all other devmenu files are .cia and not .csu

I have no idea how to use a new microsd, I would have to copy everything from the current one to a new one? Or is there more steps to it?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MSET and NVram process will downgrade the new 3ds or not? like Sys "9.2" to "4.5"

It doesn't downgrade the whole firmware, it downgrades only the system settings part.

Also, in order to actually be able to install the exploit from the Gateway blue cart like you did on an old 3DS, you need flashcardtimewarp.cia (so the blue cart will work) and the N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds from page 25 of this thread.

Reactions: mvmiranda

Allied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you downgraded your emunand system settings or want to undo the downgrade in sysnand
download this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/
then enter these titles depending on your region and install via devmenu
US = 0004001000021000 9.0-9.5 = v8203
EU = 0004001000022000 9.0-9.5 = v8202
JPN = 0004001000020000 8.1-9.5 = v9224

"
Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing wrong - probably something stupid - but 3DNUS just hangs indefinitely on the EU one at "Downloading Firmware: 0004001000022000 9.0-9.58202 Downloading titlelist complete". Help please!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
"
Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing wrong - probably something stupid - but 3DNUS just hangs indefinitely on the EU one at "Downloading Firmware: 0004001000022000 9.0-9.58202 Downloading titlelist complete". Help please!
you just type in
in the title field
and
in the version box

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right!
It needs to be 2.3.4...
Also, if it still does not work, Tilde88 said he had the same problem and "fixed" it by using a different MicroSD. He said this could have been because of file fragmentation and I add that what he said: it could have been because of SD failing as well.

Good luck!

I just want to specify, wasn't quite a faulty SD Card. But I do believe the file had gotten fragmented. Perhaps changing the name from DevMenu.3DS to DevMenu2.3DS might have worked. Or it could have been that the SD I was using was exFAT partitioned (but that wouldn't make sense seeing as how all my other ROMs load(ed) fine. Furthermore, it could have been the fact that it was a 64GB card. But that falls back again to the other ROMs loading fine). So I didn't want to format my main SD, I simply got the stok 4GB card that came with the NN3DS, popped launcher and DevMenu and MSET in that one, good to go first try.

Allied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you just type in
in the title field
and
in the version box

That's what I did first, as in, how I would usually use 3DNUS, but then I get this:

"Downloading 0004001000022000 v8202

Error downloading title 0004001000022000 v8202 make sure the entered title ID and versions are correct."

3DNUS 1.9, worked fine to make my own timewarp cia previously...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That's what I did first, as in, how I would usually use 3DNUS, but then I get this:

"Downloading 0004001000022000 v8202

Error downloading title 0004001000022000 v8202 make sure the entered title ID and versions are correct."

3DNUS 1.9, worked fine to make my own timewarp cia previously...
downloading fine here, make sure you don't have the nintendo update servers blocked etc

Reactions: Allied

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem and I used another micro sd and it worked, check below :

1) Copy the mset cia for your region to the INTERNAL microSD of your N3DS.
2) Get a spare microSD and format it.
3) Copy launcher.dat to the root of both the new microSD and the one you're using in your N3DS.
4) Copy DevMenu.3ds to the NEW microSD. Make sure it's DevMenu and not BigBlueMenu. If it says Title Manager it won't work!
5) Insert the new microSD into your N3DS internal card slot.
6) Boot your N3DS, wait for it to create the necessary files on your microSD.
7) Start the gateway launcher by using Zelda or Cubic Ninja.
8) Select "Install NVRam" and let it finish.
9) Insert your Gateway (without any microSD!) into your N3DS, boot Gateway mode.
10) Once in sysNAND, remove the new microSD from your N3DS and replace it with the microSD you use for emuNAND.
11) Insert the new microSD into your Gateway card and put it in your N3DS.
12) Press select and mount DevMenu and start it.
13) Import the mset CIA for your region.
14) Reboot
15) Profit!

This is from a member of this forum, can't remember his name sorry

OK these are the exact instructions I used and everything worked fine. I just have two questions.

1) When does the blue card or DStwo come in? Read lots of people saying I needed to use it for this but I never did?

2) How do I get the option for "Super Stable 3D" back in my sysNAND?

3) Why did the hack completely break when I renamed my profile name?

D

Deleted-19228

1) you absolutely don't need to use a DS card, that's only if you want to play with your DS games

2) You don't unless you revert the cia back to the newest one. Also, the Super Stable 3D option for calibrating is seriously broken, it makes it much worse no matter if +/-

3) The DS profile is how the exploit works. It uses bad characters causing a buffer overflow and executes code

Reactions: Hammyface

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So guys, all I want to know is, would this be a good time to upgrade hardware and buy a New 3DS? Does the N3DS have all of the tools and programs and all the nice Dev tools that the normal 3DS has? If so, I'll just go ahead and upgrade

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) you absolutely don't need to use a DS card, that's only if you want to play with your DS games

2) You don't unless you revert the cia back to the newest one. Also, the Super Stable 3D option for calibrating is seriously broken, it makes it much worse no matter if +/-

3) The DS profile is how the exploit works. It uses bad characters causing a buffer overflow and executes code

Thanks but every time I try to enter Gateway mode by clicking "DS Profile" I get "an error has occurred" just because I renamed my name. I even named it back and it's still broken. Why did that happen?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So guys, all I want to know is, would this be a good time to upgrade hardware and buy a New 3DS? Does the N3DS have all of the tools and programs and all the nice Dev tools that the normal 3DS has? If so, I'll just go ahead and upgrade
If you get a N3DS, it can do (mostly) everything an O3DS, assuming it's at a compatible firmware for Gateway and emuNAND. For the average user, it's basically the same experience. You can't have an emuNAND at the current max firmware, but you can spoof firmware for eShop access and install updates via .cia files, so it's not really need anyway.
Thanks but every time I try to enter Gateway mode by clicking "DS Profile" I get "an error has occurred" just because I renamed my name. I even named it back and it's still broken. Why did that happen?
Try reapplying the DS profile exploit.

Reactions: Hammyface

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're now asking if its a good time to upgrade to the n3ds, you just put yourself in a position to get fucked. By now I'm sure they could be sold out of the units you need the firmware to be on. If you want to believe you can still get one, but overseas, go ahead and gl with that and there return policy as well as warranty coverage.

Rafael_ZW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It doesn't downgrade the whole firmware, it downgrades only the system settings part.

Also, in order to actually be able to install the exploit from the Gateway blue cart like you did on an old 3DS, you need flashcardtimewarp.cia (so the blue cart will work) and the N3DS_ROPInstaller.nds from page 25 of this thread.

I say this because when i go to install nvram appear "Caution. This will downgrade to 4.5" something like this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw