GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheShadowRunner, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    You both have old3DSes so all you have to do is copy the new launcher.dat and you're good to launch it as you normally would.

All the other stuff is for new3DS users only.

You only need an SD card without emuNAND for the installation process, you can swap back to your emuNAND SD after you've installed the exploit. Don't forget to copy the new launcher.dat to your emuNAND SD card.

Margen67 likes this.
  2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    yeah thats what i mean, it was never a 100% clone more a derivative work with a few odds and ends added into it, but gateway releasing an update doesnt mean MT will, which is what was asked, if it did they would of already released one, there has been about 5 GW updates since the last MT update afaik

EDIT, ok its been 8 GW fw's since the last MT release

funnily enough the DSTWO+ was announced around the same time as MT disappeared :rolleyes:

3. eureca

eureca GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2008
    United States
    So you can downgrade to 4.5 system menu now on the new 3DS? Any chance we get this for the 2DS? I thought the reason they couldn't do it was because of the removal of the wifi switch. If I don't have to use the browser hack for my 2DS that would be preferable.

Random Joe likes this.
  4. Farowe

Farowe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2014
    Mexico
    Mexico City, Mexico
    Perhaps my case is odd but the n3ds head tracking function remains after launching gateway without even having to close the lid.

Pay attention:

I think i found a way to fix this issue (3d head tracking being disabled after booting into gateway). You see, when i first launched gateway through the ds profile exploit on my n3ds the head tracking wasn´t functioning (just as it used to when i booted into gateway through cubic ninja), as you know, this is quickly fixed by putting the n3ds into sleep mode (closing and opening the lid). However, i launched the "Quick reboot" app (i installed it as a cia) and after doing that the head tracking remained to function the next time i launched into gateway (even after hard rebooting the n3ds)

Here is a link to the quick reboot thread, test and post your results

https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-quick-reboot-cfw-gateway-ninjhax.379101/

5. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    This isn't different. The regular 3DS lets you do this too, although since the screen is smaller it's going to be harder to see.

6. cynique

cynique GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2015
    Afghanistan
    Did you install quick reboot to sys or emu??

7. Drona

Drona Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Some people used 2 Msd to install the exploit ?
    I don't get it.
    Is there some advantage to using 2 different cards ?
    For me it worked fine with only one.( Jap new 3DS)

8. cynique

cynique GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2015
    Afghanistan
    didnt work for me

9. Erol

Erol GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I have a PAL n3DS XL. How can I downgrade?

just install the mset.cia using old devmenu? thats it?!

10. Rafael_ZW

Rafael_ZW Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2015
    Brazil
    The MSET and NVram process will downgrade the new 3ds or not? like Sys "9.2" to "4.5"

11. Erol

Erol GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2009
    Gambia, The

so, you have to use a COMPLETE NEW internal microSD right? Can I put back my old internal microSD to the 3ds? because all my savegames are there.

EDIT:

yes, it works this way

Step 10 its emuNAND.

12. prototech

prototech GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    Has anyone tried this yet? I may give it a shot later today, but I'm not too hopeful.

13. pbsk8

pbsk8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2015
    Brazil
    I used the option backup system nand and created the nand.bin file, and installed the nvram succesfully, now after I boot into gateway mode on my new 3ds LL, on next step for devmenu,

when I try to import the mset jap.cia, it says:

Import failed. File:
    mset_jap.cia
    This cia is invalid.
    0xD8E08027

I dont understand what went wrong.

14. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    Use "DevMenu.3ds" blueboxmanager won't work

15. pbsk8

pbsk8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2015
    Brazil

I tried to find this devmenu on google but every tutorial they change the names like they are all the same title manager (the one on my home screen on emunand) / blueboxmanager / devmenu.

For example, here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-devmenu.375241/

Devmenu I could find this one in .3ds, not .cia to install it first. I tried to run the .3ds file from game selector but I get black screen.

Could you PM me with both .cia and .3ds files please of devmenu finally?

16. toto621

toto621 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Belgium
    Search for SDK.DevKit.Tools.3DSWare.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox.rar on google, extract DevMenu.csu from it, rename it to DevMenu.3ds and you're good, DevMenu.cia from this archive will NOT install on retails console, only Developper's ones.

Margen67 likes this.
  17. pbsk8

pbsk8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2015
    Brazil

As I said, I already have a devmenu.3ds on gateway microsd, when I try to run it, I get black screen on my new 3ds LL.

Anyway, I downloaded this dev kit and the latest version is 6.2 renamed it to .3ds

Again, black screen.

I dont know what else to do to make this GW 3.2 working and get rid of my sky3ds.

18. toto621

toto621 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Belgium
    It do NOT work with DevMenu 6.2, you need the old version from SDK2.x

19. StaticPain

StaticPain GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2014
    United States
    California
    I'm assuming this would work with 2ds?

Margen67 and Random Joe like this.
  20. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    Right!
    It needs to be 2.3.4...
    Also, if it still does not work, Tilde88 said he had the same problem and "fixed" it by using a different MicroSD. He said this could have been because of file fragmentation and I add that what he said: it could have been because of SD failing as well.

Good luck!