Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to use a "fresh" MicroSD card every time I install NVRAM? Why do I have to do that anyway (use a different MicroSD card)? Just curious; I like learning about this type of stuff.

Not for the NVRAM, but for installing the mset cia. A spare microSD is needed because Gateway will boot into Gateway mode on the sysNAND if emuNAND is not yet set up on an SD card, and you need to boot into sysNAND to install the cia.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to use a "fresh" MicroSD card every time I install NVRAM? Why do I have to do that anyway (use a different MicroSD card)? Just curious; I like learning about this type of stuff.
I haven't done the process yet (though I plan to), so I'm not really sure, but I believe the "fresh" mSD card is to ensure the exploit doesn't occur on emuNAND.

Reactions: Hammyface

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for the NVRAM, but for installing the mset cia. A spare microSD is needed because Gateway will boot into Gateway mode on the sysNAND if emuNAND is not yet set up on an SD card, and you need to boot into sysNAND to install the cia.

Ah, the mset is the reason for the fresh MicroSD. Now I get it. Thanks so much!!

Reactions: prototech

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anybody who has successfully installed mset: could you provide a hash of the DevMenu.3ds you used?
Every version I've tried gives an 'invalid CIA' error.

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anybody who has successfully installed mset: could you provide a hash of the DevMenu.3ds you used?
Every version I've tried gives an 'invalid CIA' error.

Here.
Code:
  File: DevMenu.3ds
CRC-32: e4af558f
  MD4: e97de233e59afca926e1e8dc41eee346
  MD5: e65629fbe2ae8a419cf8624df78e78b2
SHA-1: 0a253e132a6115c56310b825cdd867e36fb055cb

Reactions: Helper

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here.
Code:
  File: DevMenu.3ds
CRC-32: e4af558f
  MD4: e97de233e59afca926e1e8dc41eee346
  MD5: e65629fbe2ae8a419cf8624df78e78b2
SHA-1: 0a253e132a6115c56310b825cdd867e36fb055cb
(Heh, you use HashCheck, too.)
Finally working now (with a file with the hash you reported). I already had the right RAR, I was just using "DevMenu.cci" instead of "DevMenui.csu". Alright, so I'm a little pants-on-head-retarded, sue me! :D
:wub: Thanks a bunch!

zoner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I press on DS Profile, it comes up with a black screen that says "An error has occured. Hold down the power button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again."

This is after successfully flashing the CIA.

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I am still stuck on not installing the mset because I get black screen with devmenu on my new 3ds LL.

If I try title manager it shows it is a invalid file.

What is this about a fresh microsd?

So, can I just copy everything from current microsd to a new one on my PC just to install this mset? If not, how can I do it?

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am still stuck on not installing the mset because I get black screen with devmenu on my new 3ds LL.

If I try title manager it shows it is a invalid file.

What is this about a fresh microsd?

So, can I just copy everything from current microsd to a new one on my PC just to install this mset? If not, how can I do it?
In regards to your microSD question, yes. If the microSD has at one point contained an emuNAND you will need to format it using a specific tool (can't remember the name of it). If it has just contained roms or any other regular files, a simple format will suffice.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eye tracking seems to be worse for me compared to 3.1. It will sometimes boot up with it working fine and other times not but it usually loses track in game with even small movements. Or maybe I'm just tired and my eyes are half closed. :rolleyes:

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eye tracking seems to be worse for me compared to 3.1. It will sometimes boot up with it working fine and other times not but it usually loses track in game with even small movements. Or maybe I'm just tired and my eyes are half closed. :rolleyes:
I think I've read that, while in-game, closing and then re-opening the lid fixes eye tracking, although it may fix a problem different than yours.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've read that, while in-game, closing and then re-opening the lid fixes eye tracking, although it may fix a problem different than yours.

Yeah even with doing that it doesn't seem to change anything. My current session of Fantasy Life has been great for a few hours. Never. Turn. The. N3DS. Off. Ever!

weetbix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, how do you get it working on o3ds 4.4 sysnand? I get black screen. I copy launcher.dat to sdcard, boot gw, format emunand, update emunand to 9.7, reboot, boot into gw classic mode and black screen. I've also tried rxmode still black screen. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try copying Launcher.dat back over to the SD card. If that doesn't work you should try formatting the card with SD Formatter and redo everything.

FW4.4 might have stability issues with GW3.2. Maybe try updating with a retail cart that has 4.5 from this list.

Zoddi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys

I still need help getting the new method working on a n3ds.
Booted the n3ds into gateway menu and installed to vram.
Booted to gateway mode and installed the mset.cia with dev menu. Worked flawlessly and completed.

Turned the n3ds off and on again, go to settings .... but it went all through to the profiles page without entering the gateway mode.

Do you have any clue what I did wrong?

cynique

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan

likewise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: