Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
yes i have emunand on my 8.1 japanese NEW 3ds. i was confused when they said they made it fully functional now? mine has been fully functional ever since i installed it last month. I have a multi-rom menu and everything. on 8.1 smash bros new 3ds. is it not suppose to work or something?

well, in their site they said:
New 3DS users might also wonder why there is no EMUNAND update yet, and the answer is simply that while we are still making steady progress on this front, there is still alot of work to be done until we get to this point. So we hope our New 3DS users will understand that we cannot give an exact end date for this yet.
so i thought New 3dses didn't had emunand.

Maybe if i use the 3.1 launcher it can work?

1alien1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
can sb link a turorial for converting gw .save files into save files for cia games? i want to convert my ripped .3ds/.3dz files which i ripped with gw into cia files and use the .sav files with the cia game. is it even possible? thx for the help!

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

anon1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I did everything step-by-step with the instructions on GW website and it doesn't work. My new 3ds doesn't go to GW menu via system DS settings.

CIA installer said that import was successful. What could I have potentially done wrong? I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to .cia files, never used any before.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So, I did everything step-by-step with the instructions on GW website and it doesn't work. My new 3ds doesn't go to GW menu via system DS settings.

CIA installer said that import was successful. What could I have potentially done wrong? I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to .cia files, never used any before.
did you import to sysnand?

Reactions: anon1234

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
now that you mention it, I must have been in emunand when I used the devmenu.3ds and imported .cia file. How do I revert it now and do it properly? :unsure:
well, i do know that in order to import it to sysnand, you need to use an sd card without an emunand partition.
either get a fresh sd card, or clear one of your other sd cards of the emunand partition (see here)
after that, simply load the launcher.dat on the sd card along with the mset cia, and boot into gateway mode

kaiomar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
now that you mention it, I must have been in emunand when I used the devmenu.3ds and imported .cia file. How do I revert it now and do it properly? :unsure:

I had the same problem and I used another micro sd and it worked, check below :

1) Copy the mset cia for your region to the INTERNAL microSD of your N3DS.
2) Get a spare microSD and format it.
3) Copy launcher.dat to the root of both the new microSD and the one you're using in your N3DS.
4) Copy DevMenu.3ds to the NEW microSD. Make sure it's DevMenu and not BigBlueMenu. If it says Title Manager it won't work!
5) Insert the new microSD into your N3DS internal card slot.
6) Boot your N3DS, wait for it to create the necessary files on your microSD.
7) Start the gateway launcher by using Zelda or Cubic Ninja.
8) Select "Install NVRam" and let it finish.
9) Insert your Gateway (without any microSD!) into your N3DS, boot Gateway mode.
10) Once in sysNAND, remove the new microSD from your N3DS and replace it with the microSD you use for emuNAND.
11) Insert the new microSD into your Gateway card and put it in your N3DS.
12) Press select and mount DevMenu and start it.
13) Import the mset CIA for your region.
14) Reboot
15) Profit!

This is from a member of this forum, can't remember his name sorry

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, in their site they said:
New 3DS users might also wonder why there is no EMUNAND update yet, and the answer is simply that while we are still making steady progress on this front, there is still alot of work to be done until we get to this point. So we hope our New 3DS users will understand that we cannot give an exact end date for this yet.
so i thought New 3dses didn't had emunand.

Maybe if i use the 3.1 launcher it can work?
What they meant is that there is no update to emuNAND's current functionality (which is limited to 9.5 firmware). It was already possible to use emuNAND on New3DS before this update released.

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait instead of DLing it for my old 3DS can I just update my old 3DSXL in GW mode instead of dling the new EMUNAND?

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait instead of DLing it for my old 3DS can I just update my old 3DSXL in GW mode instead of dling the new EMUNAND?
I'm having a hard time understanding your question... what do you mean by downloading the new emuNAND?

If you have an old 3DS, all you have to do is swap the launcher.dat file, and then you can get current firmware in emuNAND.

TheShadowRunner You should probably put the fact that o3DS users don't need to to anything aside from the usual replacement of launcher.dat since so many people are confused/lazy.

Reactions: TheShadowRunner

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Apparently someone found a way to get the DS Profile exploit to stick after running DS games (page 4 of this thread). Nice.

Now if only Gateway would fix the "SuperStable" bug on the N3DS... You currently have to close flip the N3DS every time you launch a 3D game and then flip it open again. Not fun I imagine.

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, when I did the 3.1 update a month ago, I split my emunand and sysnand from each other. I just did everything what the gateway tutorial said to do, clicking on ds profle doesn't work. is it because i split the sysnand and emuand apart? if so how can i get it to work

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, when I did the 3.1 update a month ago, I split my emunand and sysnand from each other. I just did everything what the gateway tutorial said to do, clicking on ds profle doesn't work. is it because i split the sysnand and emuand apart? if so how can i get it to work

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Peleep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

No. Mine was seaparated with Gateway 3.1. Have had no issues with 3.2. I have an O3DS on 4.5eu and N3DS on 9.0Eu. I did not have to separate Sysnand and Emunand again with the 3.2 update. Both units are working fine.

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem and I used another micro sd and it worked, check below :

1) Copy the mset cia for your region to the INTERNAL microSD of your N3DS.
2) Get a spare microSD and format it.
3) Copy launcher.dat to the root of both the new microSD and the one you're using in your N3DS.
4) Copy DevMenu.3ds to the NEW microSD. Make sure it's DevMenu and not BigBlueMenu. If it says Title Manager it won't work!
5) Insert the new microSD into your N3DS internal card slot.
6) Boot your N3DS, wait for it to create the necessary files on your microSD.
7) Start the gateway launcher by using Zelda or Cubic Ninja.
8) Select "Install NVRam" and let it finish.
9) Insert your Gateway (without any microSD!) into your N3DS, boot Gateway mode.
10) Once in sysNAND, remove the new microSD from your N3DS and replace it with the microSD you use for emuNAND.
11) Insert the new microSD into your Gateway card and put it in your N3DS.
12) Press select and mount DevMenu and start it.
13) Import the mset CIA for your region.
14) Reboot
15) Profit!

This is from a member of this forum, can't remember his name sorry

holy shit fuck man it worked! thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well, I'm just asking because MT-Card is a Gateway clone...
clone in the loosest of terms, it never worked with the official GW software, just their own botched version of it, tbh they seem to of quit while they where ahead, but tbh i was quite surprised by them quitting they seemed very determined to clone everything, then just disappeared when gateway released 9.2 support

idk there is hope that they are just scratching their heads on how to rip off the latest launchers and might make a return, but idk, seems like its been too long now, if they do manage it i would expect them to just release a new clone under a new name

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clone in the loosest of terms, it never worked with the official GW software, just their own botched version of it, tbh they seem to of quit while they where ahead, but tbh i was quite surprised by them quitting they seemed very determined to clone everything, then just disappeared when gateway released 9.2 support

idk there is hope that they are just scratching their heads on how to rip off the latest launchers and might make a return, but idk, seems like its been too long now, if they do manage it i would expect them to just release a new clone under a new name
Who knows? They actually were the first company (I use the term loosely) to have a new feature, multi-rom, I believe. Maybe they're working on something incredible? I know the odds are low, but they aren't zero.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?