Hacking Gateway 3.0 : "Ultra"

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Once I'm in Gateway mode can I just leave the 3DS in sleep mode instead of powering off to save having to run the exploit every time? As long as wifi's turned off it couldn't automatically turn on again for an update could it? I've got SpotPass turned off btw. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Silver-Tiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi, I'm having a problem with Luigi's Mansion 2. I played the game for like 15 minutes when it suddenly quit saying "the card was removed". Anyone else having this problem? The rom is trimmed, if that matters anyhow.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Once I'm in Gateway mode can I just leave the 3DS in sleep mode instead of powering off to save having to run the exploit every time? As long as wifi's turned off it couldn't automatically turn on again for an update could it? I've got SpotPass turned off btw. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Yes, that will work fine, just as you say make sure the wireless is turned off if you don't have emuNAND.

Reactions: WelshOne

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, I'm having a problem with Luigi's Mansion 2. I played the game for like 15 minutes when it suddenly quit saying "the card was removed". Anyone else having this problem? The rom is trimmed, if that matters anyhow.

Try playing the game without trimming the ROM, I believe sometimes it can cause issues.

can i switch SD cards by just copying old stuff to the new one?

Yes, I have done it before and it should all work fine.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a special way to save files in the 9.x gateway ?, I just edited my "main" save file using pkhex, imported it back with savedatafiler and it worked, but after saving the game again and quitting, it reverted back to the imported save :/

mybluered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not work for me.

"Failed to load part of this page" appears once and once again.
The 3ds console restarts once and once again.
"An error has occurred" appears once and once again.

Anything wrong has I done?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i found format system from the gateway menu , that will format my system without updating ?
i am on 9.2 .. i think 9.4 inside my system but i am not sure

also , how to update cia ?

Korin

Trophies
XP
Country
Just ran bigbluemenu on my 9.2 US 3ds original through the .3ds file on my gateway card. I installed devmenu via the cia file, and it opened up just fine.

Reactions: tjexp

y2jdmbfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So on a 2DS or regular 3DSXL, how do I play out of region retail carts? Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see anything about this in the tutorials I found...

Korin

Trophies
XP
Country
So on a 2DS or regular 3DSXL, how do I play out of region retail carts? Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see anything about this in the tutorials I found...
For that, I believe you need to run them through the "Classic Mode" gateway launcher in emunand. I use US region games on my EU 3ds this way quite frequently.

ore9ore

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, my pre-waiting (and some yet waiting) pals!!
I have a question regarding games instaled in SD card. (and other question)

I have MH3U in the SD (e-shop). I did backup the content of the SD to my PC.
I have already run the exploit.
I made a SysNAND backup.
I have formated EmuNAND (it formats the SD and make a partition) and updated EmuNAND.
So, now I have a SD card of only 2.7gb... Where the rest went? (4gb card)

I wanted to put .cia games, but with only 780mb of free cap I can't.
1.How can I use the missing capacity?
Is reserved to SysNAND?
I swiched on my 3DS without the SD to check, and it still work, so... Any option to be able to use that space?

Also, if I can't use that spcace: 2. How can I delete MH3U to instal more .cias? (I have the backup, so when I want to play MH3U I can just re-put the backup, right?)
Must I use Data Management on EmuNAND? SysNAND?
Or... can I delete de file of the SD directly? How can I identify the right folder (other than checking the filesize)??

Thanks! And thank you @Livin-in-a-box for your awesome FAQ!

(also... 3. should I format SysNAND without the SD like I read on some post??)

Cartman401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It does not work for me.

"Failed to load part of this page" appears once and once again.
The 3ds console restarts once and once again.
"An error has occurred" appears once and once again.

Anything wrong has I done?

Delete your cookies, and history (Found in browser settings) before going to the URL.

If that doesnt work, go to the browser settings and scroll to the bottom and select 'delete saved data'. This will totally reset your browser. Then try again. This worked for me.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just dumped 8 games, Oot,lbw,ac:nl,mk7,pw:r,sm3d,pl:mm, and smash bros. However, selecting Smash Bros brings up a fragmentation error. I decided to download a europe rom (as I've already dumped it) yet, I'm confused - because the rom I downloaded works. but the rom I dumped doesn't. And they're both from the same region.

Can anyone shed some light on whats going on here?

Fragmentation errors are caused by garbled data writes to the gateway sd card. There is a tool to fix them floating around somewhere. Or, you can copy everything from the sd card to a folder on your desktop. Quick format and then write everything back one file at a time. This will make sure complete files and their data are written together in one spot sequentially instead of bits and pieces spread around or "fragmented". The tool is easier and faster but I don't have a link or even the name off the top of my head. These are minor issues really in the world of flashcarts. This is still nothing like the issues early ds flashcards had to overcome. We are so spoiled now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...