Hacking Gateway 3.0 : "Ultra"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Hey everyone, if you are using emunand I have a strong recommendation to make sure you don't mix up your emunand with your NAND. Basically, on your emunand make a folder called "E" for emunand and on your nand make a folder called "N" for nand. Then you can tell which you are in without entering settings.

Reactions: 2Hack and Kikirini

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask these question for the thousand time...

Can I update my GW mode to 9.4 somehow?
Can I install bigbluemenu/devmenu/cia files on 9.2/9.4?
Yes, that is the whole point of emuNAND.Go to the system menu, verify that the GW3DS is infront of the version number and then proceed to up date from there. DO NOT UPDATE IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE GW3DS OR YOU WILL UP DATE YOUR SYSNAND. DO NOT LEAVE THE SYSTEM MENU BEFORE YOU UPDATE, IT WILL KICK YOU OUT OF GW MODE AND YOU WILL UPDATE YOUR SYSNAND.

Yes, you can install BBM/DM/etc.

Reactions: smilodon

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, if you are using emunand I have a strong recommendation to make sure you don't mix up your emunand with your NAND. Basically, on your emunand make a folder called "E" for emunand and on your nand make a folder called "N" for nand. Then you can tell which you are in without entering settings.
What about themes? Could I feasibly have my nand sport one theme while emunand has a different one?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emu-nand appears to work for 9.x users. So downgrading...doesn't make a lot of sense. :P
Yes it does.

1) You no longer have to worry about 1.x keys vs 6.x keys causing save headaches if you have a 3DS on <6 and one on >6.
2) You can use the blue cart exploit (no wifi required)

D

Deleted User

So, has anyone updated emunand through eShop yet and it been successful? I don't want to accidentally upgrade my NAND.

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so before I do something super dumb, to update emunand on a 9.2 console, you boot into gateway mode make sure the system version is gw3d 9.2.whatever, then you update through system settings?

D

Deleted User

How do I connect to wifi without getting the firmware update? D:

Mines got the nag message, fortunately it's going to nag EVERYONE on here so someone is bound to find a fix other than factory restoring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: