Hacking gammaloader

snyper1230

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello as you can see i am new here and this site looks awesome!! my problem is i have been trying to softmod my wii for 3 months now and i am really getting frustrated doing this.what i did is installed the twilight h*** with homebrew onto a version 3.3 wii console no problems there then i was told to download a program to burn my games no prob there.then i was told to buy dvd-r disks to burn onto so i did but i dont play it says cannot read disk.then i come here and read till i am blue in the face and see this 002fixGammaLoader if i need this how the heck do i install it ?.someone please help i am really trying here just cant get it. thank you so much and hope to hear some answers to my problems real soon!!!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
didnt u post this already ?
Get the zip file in my signature - the blue link - and follow the guide in it - put all the files on your SD card and since you have zelda on already skip that -

Start from install the cIOS part and work from there - get back to us after that

Also - what game have u burnt and is it onto a DVD-R with IMgBurn ?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
check the quality of your burnt disks with dvdinfopro anything below 80% isn't really worth using. Adjust your burning speed until you get at least 80% quality. the 002 fix is for newer games. it wont help with your problem, but a link to the 002fix dol can be found in several topics and djtaz's sig. You have installed cios rev 7 right? ah and there is taz above me with the link for the 002 fix
smile.gif
also you really should downgrade to 3.2 and install starfall to prevent bricking issues.

snyper1230

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
didnt u post this already ?
Get the zip file in my signature - the blue link - and follow the guide in it - put all the files on your SD card and since you have zelda on already skip that -

Start from install the cIOS part and work from there - get back to us after that

Also - what game have u burnt and is it onto a DVD-R with IMgBurn ?
yes i did post this already but another moderator told me to move it here sorry.i burned ten_pin bowling. and yes i used a dvd-r with imgburn program.i looked and my wii says version 3.3u do i need to down grade? thank you

snyper1230

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok people i know you are going to get mad at me but this doesnt make sence it says to In the homebrew channel select cIOS Installer and install that - all files required are also in the zip so it should be quick (Thanks WiiGator) i looked 100 times there is no cios on my wii in homebrew
wacko.gif
please help i am dieing here people

snyper1230

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes there is like 8 or 10 files in the apps file what i am asking is where do they go it doesnt say.do i put on the sd card and extract them into the wii or drag them somewhere?

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
they go into the \apps\cios folder on your sdcard then your launch the homebrew channel and load the apps thru that

each app needs it own folder "example" \apps\backuploader apps\cios_downgrader apps\cios_installer

every app also must be renamed to either boot.dol or boot.elf depending on which format it is

and as i said just run them thru the HBC that you installed with the twilight hack

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial All in one Guide by EmperorOfCanada
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446

Follow it exactly word for word.. and make sure you have all the necessary files on your SD card in their proper locations.

Good Luck and don't give up! As long as you read the guide.. carefully word for word.. you shouldn't have any trouble getting up and running.

snyper1230

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i am very slowly getting it but can someone tell me as to why i cant load the Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad what am i doing wrong it says this is not a valid wii application?

aoikokoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
snyper1230 said:
ok i am very slowly getting it but can someone tell me as to why i cant load the Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad what am i doing wrong it says this is not a valid wii application?

You can run Wad Manager with twilight hack, just put wad manager dol file in the root of you SD card and rename it to boot.dol, at least that works for me, because Homebrew Channel didn't recognized Wad Manager.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
in the folder that says PUT ON SD CARD you have a folder called APPS - in the apps folder there should be a folder called 1. cIOS_Installer - if you copied everything over to the Sd card thats inside the PUT ON SD CARD folder then when you go to homebrew it should be number 1

thats assuming u got the zip from my signature

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho