Jeda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My mother got me a wireless mouse for birthday. Well at least she thought it was one. She isn't all that much into tech, only read "laser"
Turned out to be this beast: http://www.razerzone.com/Products/Gaming-M...d-Gaming-Mouse/
the blue one...
wub.gif

I'm using it at full speed... I have no idea if you are supposed to slow it down for working in windows, because I'm having a lot of problems with clicking with the precission/speed I am used to, even after one week of "training".

However, I'm back to another computer, with a basic wheelmouse today, and was surprised how much I actually had to move my arm to get from left to right, so I guess I started learing already.

So I expect this place to have many gamers with such mice and I wonder how you are working with yours. Do you slow it down for the day-to-day work, or do you use it high-speed all the time. If so, how long did it take you to get precission back to a level where it is actually an advance to slow mice.

PS: I'm not into shooters... should I install one just for the mouse to be usefull
blink.gif

Wuggl3z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did you install the software and drivers that comes with it?

if you did you should be able to turn down the sensitivity in the set up program also by holding down the button on the right hand side nearest the front (button 4) and using the mouse wheel to turn the sensitivity up and down

i have the sensitivity of my razor diamondback at around 7.5 normally

i'd say its better for gaming than my old mouse (which was wireless) mainly because it doesnt run on batteries so it wont stop working at just the wrong moment which my old mouse had a habit of doing

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use my Logitech G5 at 1200dpi usually, and when I go to other PCs the difference is amazing. Slower mice used to bug the hell out of me after using this, but now I get used to it and adapt quickly, mainly cause I have no choice and use slower mice at uni.

Because I can change it on the fly I have my mouse set to 400, 800, 1200, 1600 and 2000 for all usage. But rarely stray from 1200.

Its great for gaming with, although I do need to turn it down for RTS games.

Although I can tune the weight for what I need, I have found a weight that suits me and stuck with it for about 14 months now.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got a nice mouse a couple of months back as I was sick of using junk and have not regretted that move at all.

Personally wireless mice still have a bit too much lag and batteries always seem to run out at the worst possible time (2:00am on a Sunday-Monday night and halfway through a nice gaming session was my favourite).

On to the subject at hand though a lot of gaming mice have a decreased resolution option for windows or even in game use and this one seems to be no different: http://techgage.com/article/razer_copperhe...i_laser_mouse/3

As for precision issues I do a lot of work with video and images as well as games so not really.

Jeda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks so far. I know I can slow it down. But I wonder if I want to. If I can adopt to the speed (or some part of it like legendofphil) I might just as well use the mouse's power.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so far. I know I can slow it down. But I wonder if I want to. If I can adopt to the speed (or some part of it like legendofphil) I might just as well use the mouse's power.
If you dont like how fast it is, just slow it down o.0 The higher DPI's are really aimed at FPS games and the like, where you twitch more than you move. I find 1200dpi to be a nice overall setting for my mice, give it a try.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I must admit I like the idea of a Zboard (I am only using a £5 trust keyboard on my £1.1K machine right now).

However I had a "ergonomic" keyboard a couple of years back and suffice it to say I have had better £5 PDA keyboards.

So my question to you all is if you have tried one does it make for a better game play experience over a quick session as well as a marathon session?

Wuggl3z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I play online games. mostly americas army. Here are the 2 items I use exclusively.

Kensington Export Mouse (even though its really a trackball.)

and

FUL1_F8GFPC100.jpg

Belkin Nostromo N52
i have one of these they are the awesome (probably saved me from some severe wrist ache a few times too)

but i think i will be getting myseflf one of these in the near future

KW1NAE3X1ZXP01.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(