Gaming for charity with the worst games ever

oppopp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys found some awesome guys on the internet last year doing a marathon (gaming) for charity.
They are now doing another marathon (gaming) for a different charity and i would really appreciate if you guys would check it out and spread the word.
It shows what gamers can do to help the world
They are playing 60 hours straight of the worst games they could think off including games like superman 64, ET (atari 2600), Doctor who return to earth, shaq fu and big rigs
they are aiming to make $10,000 12 hours in they have made $1000
the charity is http://www.charitywater.org/ they help developing countries get access to clean and safe drinking water
http://www.charitywater.org/blog/ctw-gametoaid/ they were lucky enough to get a blog post on the website

the live stream is on
http://gametoaid.org/

cheers oppopp

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
Wouldn't it be quite silly if they picked what is generally known as a bad game, but it turns out to be very good?
Games are only as good as the friends you play them with.
This is why Call of Duty sucks

oppopp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The point is the fact that its guys that are about to go to uni/college and want to do something productive with there time. its hilarious and they are raffling of merch and the games they are playing, tickets are bought by donating

quick update at the moment they are playing superman 64 (notoriously one of the worst games for its glitches bad gameplay bad dialogue and terrible graphics even for the 64 they were bad)

but if you cant donate spread the word

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ET is not the worst game that I can think of. It is actually pretty fun once you know what to do so you can stop ending up in the holes all the time. The game takes about 5-10 minutes to beat. Anyone who can win the game will quickly understand the reason for putting in all of the pitfalls, they made a 16kb ROM seem like it takes a bit longer to play. The pits are not random and once you know the levels you can avoid them. After that the game is really fun, especially for an Atari 2600 game.

Having written a few compatibility lists over the last few years I have taken the time to play through a few "good sets". I can think of many more games which are either frustratingly difficult, had poor level design as to take away the fun, or just had no business being made into a video game.

-Another World

oppopp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well ET is renowned as one of the worst games but looking at what they've played so far nothing can be as bad a charlies angels on the ps2 hahaha

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
ET isn't the worst game ever, but probably the biggest disappointment ever. After being hyped as having mind blowing graphics and amazing gameplay, expectations fell dramatically short. Playing the game today, it feels like your average Atari 2600 game, not good, not bad. Now, if they truly want a BAD game, they need to try out the abomination that is Drake of the 99 Dragons.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry but I can't see this being that big of a success like other gaming for charity things have been.

Like last years, was all Mario games. That was fun to watch. But this is all bad games....

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
I'm sorry but I can't see this being that big of a success like other gaming for charity things have been.

Like last years, was all Mario games. That was fun to watch. But this is all bad games....

Well it's like have you ever played a shitty game with some friends? It doesn't become all that shitty, it's just pretty funny.

Like I sat down with my buddies and watch Metroid Other M's movie mode. Christ that was hilarious. Such a shitty plot and a pretty shitty game overall. But quite fun to laugh at, although it was drawn out way too long.

Horror games also make great multiplayer ones. My friend's have played Silent Hill: Shattered Memories together and that was fun. We're on Silent Hill 2 and occasionally Dead Space but we'll get around to Fatal Frame IV and Dead Space Extraction sometime.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No I'm saying that it's boring to watch. They don't really do anything that stands out other than the occasional laugh. Where as if you take a personality like AVGN, make him play the bad games, he would be spewing out and flipping, even if its fake.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is the avgn gonna be participating?!
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DragonMals
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    DragonMals tempBOT: DragonMals has joined the room.