Gamestop prices Vita Memory Cards and Accessories

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
obviously, they're trying to get back some of the money they lose with that 250$ battle price...

Sony has said (I do believe) that they're not making a loss on the Vita.
Yes but they might just be saying that to prevent their stock from dropping. My guess is that at the very best they'll be breaking even on every console sold, and the accessories are where they will be making the initial profit.

flaboy909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just imagine the wallet r*pe that will occur in Europe, Australia, and other overseas countries.... Damn $ony...

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamestop prices vita memory and asks you to sign up for their instore deals for 1 hour before you can buy their expensive memory.

G

gray.fullbuster

I thought the 3DS was originally a fortune. I doubt Sony will be forced to make a huge price drop like Nintendo did, but there's no way I'll buy this overpriced shit. The PS Vita doesn't even have built in storage so you NEED a memory card to use the thing. To be honest I doubt Sony designed the memory cards to have the same specs as an SD card with just a different shape. Third party memory cards are destined to come out sooner or later, but sooner or later Sony will release a firmware update that prevents these cards from working. This happened with third party PS3 controllers too. All other accessories can easily be made available at a fraction of the cost, but the memory cards we all need probabally can't.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the 3DS was originally a fortune. I doubt Sony will be forced to make a huge price drop like Nintendo did, but there's no way I'll buy this overpriced shit. The PS Vita doesn't even have built in storage so you NEED a memory card to use the thing. To be honest I doubt Sony designed the memory cards to have the same specs as an SD card with just a different shape. Third party memory cards are destined to come out sooner or later, but sooner or later Sony will release a firmware update that prevents these cards from working. This happened with third party PS3 controllers too. All other accessories can easily be made available at a fraction of the cost, but the memory cards we all need probabally can't.

Um, half that stuff you said was complete ass talking.

Sony never released an update to disable third party Memory Stick Pro Duos/Memory Stick Micros for their PSPs. I thought the third party controller thing was to bolster security or something. The SD card thing is probably absolutely false.

There's "educated guesses" and then there's "wildly stabbing in the dark because you want to bash them with a slew of completely false info".

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It's just Sony raking in absolutely every cent they can.
They're probably even going to make a revision soon with new features that were purposely left out to make the revisions better, like Internal memory and maybe even a camera or something.
That's why it would be a terrible idea to buy it at launch.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's just Sony raking in absolutely every cent they can.
They're probably even going to make a revision soon with new features that were purposely left out to make the revisions better, like Internal memory and maybe even a camera or something.
That's why it would be a terrible idea to buy it at launch.

Like the add-on for another analog on the 3DS? Like the sudden price drop for the 3DS? Thus no need to buy the console since "a new revision is bound to happen in a while and with a cheaper price". Like the DSL after the DS launch (only about 1 year between the EU launches)? Like the PSP revisions? Every console gets updated in the end with something.

For some cases the change is good, for others it isn't. Making money as a company shouldn't be frowned upon. I'd like to see how a company starts giving everything for free.. And still stay in business. Valve for example has given games for free, but not before making a few $$ and having a ton of other games making income.

-Qtis

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could deal with the extremely overpricing if it was optional, but to play original Xbox games, to save replays & play several game modes in Halo Reach, they made it so it "requires" an HDD. I'm sure there's more, I don't play anything besides Halo. It's complete bull****.

If your system didn't come with internal storage then you basically need to buy a hard drive of some sort to store save data. Although nowadays I think you can use an external hard drive or any type of USB drive to do that and possibly memory cards. Still, if you're anyone who buys DLC or downloads XBLA games, you need a big hard drive. I'm running tight on my 20GB one.

blue-dsi-photos-20090218102447717_640w.jpg

Except the PS Vita already has cameras (back and front facing). Plus they're "internal storage" model cost significantly more than their other PSP models, so it was more of a "premium" option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/vja8uoOy5XE?si=d2qo7jYK9TiyaOZ2 +1