GameShark Lite or alternative for PAL 50Hz?

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used GameShark Lite (CD only version of GameShark) on my PS1, but now I have another PS1 connected to a PAL 50Hz only CRT TV and also want to use it on this one.

But GameShark Lite doesn't seem te have a PAL 50Hz version. I tried to boot it using ImportPlayer, but it still starts in NTSC 60Hz.

Is there any patch or alternative for this to use on the 50Hz TV?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used GameShark Lite (CD only version of GameShark) on my PS1, but now I have another PS1 connected to a PAL 50Hz only CRT TV and also want to use it on this one.

But GameShark Lite doesn't seem te have a PAL 50Hz version. I tried to boot it using ImportPlayer, but it still starts in NTSC 60Hz.

Is there any patch or alternative for this to use on the 50Hz TV?
Whatever type of model you have, you can perform a color modification to play NTSC games on PAL TVs. http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=444

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whatever type of model you have, you can perform a color modification to play NTSC games on PAL TVs. http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=444

It's a SCPH-5552. But I already use a RGB cable, so the colors are not the problem.

Also, the color mod only changes the color encoding but not the frequency, which is the real problem. The TV only accept 50Hz signals, with 60Hz there's only a flickering rolling image.

In the meantime I found out I can use some GameShark codes with a PAL Tonyhax International boot CD, but that one doesn't let me select the codes to activate on the console, so it's a very unhandy alternative :(
Post automatically merged:

Maybe look for alternatives like Action Replay or Xploder?

These are the two I remember from back in the day here in the UK.

Are those compatible with GameShark codes and do they have CD-only versions (without the need of special cartridges)?

I'll try to search for more information about them.

I only found a Xplorer CD (https://www.consolecopyworld.com/psx/psx_utils_bootcd.shtml) which should be PAL according to the description, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with GameShark codes.

From Action Replay I can't find any CD only version.

Last edited by Fien,
Reactions: SylverReZ

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a SCPH-5552. But I already use a RGB cable, so the colors are not the problem.

Also, the color mod only changes the color encoding but not the frequency, which is the real problem. The TV only accept 50Hz signals, with 60Hz there's only a flickering rolling image.

In the meantime I found out I can use some GameShark codes with a PAL Tonyhax International boot CD, but that one doesn't let me select the codes to activate on the console, so it's a very unhandy alternative :(

Are those compatible with GameShark codes and do they have CD-only versions (without the need of special cartridges)?

I'll try to search for more information about them.

I only found a Xplorer CD (https://www.consolecopyworld.com/psx/psx_utils_bootcd.shtml) which should be PAL according to the description, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with GameShark codes.

From Action Replay I can't find any CD only version.

I have an xploder cd from back in the day, is there a specific game/cheat you want? As I can check my copy.

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, there are some of them which I use sometimes because parts of those games are to difficult for me to finish without.

- Time Crisis PAL "Infinite life/credits"
- Rapid Reload PAL "Infinite health"
- Mighty Hits Special PAL "Infinite life"
- Crash Team Racing PAL "Mask power"
- Harmful Park NTSC-J (patched to 50Hz) "Infinite life P1/P2"

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, there are some of them which I use sometimes because parts of those games are to difficult for me to finish without.

- Time Crisis PAL "Infinite life/credits"
- Rapid Reload PAL "Infinite health"
- Mighty Hits Special PAL "Infinite life"
- Crash Team Racing PAL "Mask power"
- Harmful Park NTSC-J (patched to 50Hz) "Infinite life P1/P2"

Unfortunately something seems to be wrong with my copy of Xploder v4 UK or console so it wont boot, however, I did find these, I'm not sure if they will be useful:
https://archive.org/details/cheat-engine-compilation-ps1
https://archive.org/details/psx-hacker-kit
https://www.willemssoft.be/index.php?main=22&sub=24

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried a Xploder CD9000 disc (German language), it seem to work when I input a code from you link for Time Crisis. But it sadly doesn't have codes for all the games needed :( I didn't try saving codes yet, because it claims a whole memory card and at this moment I don't have a empty one.

The Cheat Engine Compilation doesn't mention the menu is 50Hz or 60Hz. If it's 60Hz it will waste a CD. And I'm not sure which engine doesn't need a special cartridge/memory card to function too.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Cheat Engine Compilation doesn't mention the menu is 50Hz or 60Hz. If it's 60Hz it will waste a CD. And I'm not sure which engine doesn't need a special cartridge/memory card to function too.
The executable inside of the ISO can be patched to work with consoles that are PAL or NTSC. Not a lot of PS1 cheat discs use a memory card dongle to work; it should be alright.

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You mean patching with programs like PAL4U? It doesn't find anything to patch in this .BIN :(

But I burned it to a CD to try and luckily the menu is 50Hz :) I can start "Action Replay V2 extra disc UK" and it looks like the interface of GameShark Lite but with a different menu layout. Tomorrow I'll try to input and save my own codes with it. I suppose it will accept GameShark codes as I read Action Replay is the European GameShark :)

If this works, my Xploder CD9000 CD becomes a wasted CD :sad:

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I saved some cheats to the memory card today with the Action Replay V2 extra disc and it works fine :) It's like a European GameShark Lite :)

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You mean a Action Replay cartridge for the parallel port? I don't have those cartridges, that's why I looked for the CD-only version which doesn't require any additional hardware and can save custom codes to the memory card :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo