Hacking Games to internal hard drive

Psy_boy2720

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi guys!

So I've ordered an rgh xbox 360 and I was wondering how to transfer games from my PC to its internal drive? Some talk about ftp but isn't there a faster way? And if there's not, how would it work with ftp?

Psy_boy2720

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
might be easier just to use a fat32 external hdd. no 360 game has a file over 4GBs.

Oh okay, so I can just throw some games on an external, then plug it in an transfer it over? Or is there a naming/folder structure you need to use? And does the external have to be formatted to a specific format to work with xbox or does plain fat32 work off the bat?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can load them directly off the external hdd. it needs to be fat32 (mbr). they can be anywhere (just direct FSD/Aurora to the folder and it will scan it into its database). if you want them on the internal hdd, you can place them on a fat32 drive, then copy them or use an ethernet cable. connecting the internal hdd to a pc is doable, but most of the apps to read the contents are extremely unstable above 500GBs.

Psy_boy2720

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
you can load them directly off the external hdd. it needs to be fat32 (mbr). they can be anywhere (just direct FSD/Aurora to the folder and it will scan it into its database). if you want them on the internal hdd, you can place them on a fat32 drive, then copy them or use an ethernet cable. connecting the internal hdd to a pc is doable, but most of the apps to read the contents are extremely unstable above 500GBs.

Cool. Yeah I'm gonna transfer them over, since the console comes preloaded with a lot of games, I want to use the included 320 GB drive. I run games off an external with my Wii U which works great. But for my xbox I want to run it internally.

Thank you very much for the answer :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the internal hdd is a bit problematic. I've seen times where FSD wouldn't copy a file from a jb rip, so it may be easier just to use god containers instead with iso2god. god is games on demand, which are the retail games you download from xbox live. the 360 has a 10/100Mb/s ethernet network adapter (much slower than the ps3), so I usually get around 2-4MBs/s with a direct connection.

Psy_boy2720

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark

Oh another question. The console I bought is from the us and I live in Denmark. I have a EU power brick. Do you know if it will work still?

Psy_boy2720

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark

What about the covers? Do they load automatically or do I have to download them as well?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the covers? Do they load automatically or do I have to download them as well?

FSD/Aurora will scan the content, then download artwork. I don't use aurora though, since I find it to be a bit slow at reading the database. FSD2 is what I always use. you can determine which artwork it downloads and, if you connect to FSD to your computer, you can change a lot of things, including artwork (if you want to do it manually).

Psy_boy2720

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
FSD/Aurora will scan the content, then download artwork. I don't use aurora though, since I find it to be a bit slow at reading the database. FSD2 is what I always use. you can determine which artwork it downloads and, if you connect to FSD to your computer, you can change a lot of things, including artwork (if you want to do it manually).

I Use FSD... Can you create a profile when its rgh'ed? Can't play xbox live arcade games without it.. Is it "safe" to create a new profile? Or what do I need to be aware of?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can play xblig with dashlaunch. it has an option to fake a live connection. there may be another way, but I haven't messed with my system in a very long time. plus, FSD is no longer updated (think the dev team disbanded and released the source code), so there will probably be no more updates for it.

Psy_boy2720

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
you can play xblig with dashlaunch. it has an option to fake a live connection. there may be another way, but I haven't messed with my system in a very long time. plus, FSD is no longer updated (think the dev team disbanded and released the source code), so there will probably be no more updates for it.

Okay so both the fakelive and Autofake option is in my dash menu. Tried using autofake, as it is recommended, but didn't help one bit. I also disabled the plugins in dash menu, and now, some of the games give me the message "This game has been blocked in family settings" Wtf? I checked and family restriction is already off. What's that about. ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what autofake does. fakelive should be good enough. how are you saving the options? on your computer or through dashlaunch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal