Hacking Games that suddenly don't run anymore

Fazermint

I like dem vidya gaimes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I've got this weird problem with this one specific game, Crisis Core: FFVII. I can start it, and it displays the Square Enix logo, FFVII 10th anniversary logo, and starts playing the intro. Now, by pushing X it should take me to the menu. But for some reason it doesn't respond. The X button works normally in other games. Dafuq is happening?

I'm on the latest 6.20 cfw, PSP2000. Crisis Core was running normally before I upgraded from 5.50 gen-d3 cfw.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you do something to the PRO CFW XMB or something menu thing?

Cause sometimes changing some of the settings will cause for games to not work, like I had speed increase in GAME and VSH and it made some of my games not work and messed with my plugins.

Fazermint

I like dem vidya gaimes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My seplugins folder is empty as I have no plugins installed.

I don't think I've done anything to the menu settings. I'll have a look at it in a sec.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm new to psp, but i was curious, do the memory sticks become corrupted? is it a common problem as we face with nds flash kits? using a flash kit mentality i'd suggest a reformat of the memory stuck, but i have no idea if that is an ideal solution.

-another world

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes they do, and it's a common problem with the many fake Pro Duo's going around and the MicroSD adapters (although Foxi will box my ears for saying it)

A good stick seldom gets corrupted but i'd say it's a good practice to format your stick and repopulate it when you first experience game lag or problems, and ensure that your using a genuine piece of hardware. Also formats after constant content changes is a good idea too to ensure speeds are maintained (whilst this isn't something that can often have an impact on some games it really does...)

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
do you have a GAME folder in your PSP folder
some game WILL delete it if there is nothing in it, just put a Blank .txt file in it

for the ISO folder to show games

there MUST BE a GAME folder in your PSP folder

also
are you on prema 6.20 CFW or temp 6.20 CFW

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on the latest 6.20 cfw, PSP2000. Crisis Core was running normally before I upgraded from 5.50 gen-d3 cfw.
Sometimes after upgrading the firmware I experienced some bug like game can't load ( number error) or corrupted save and the trick to solve it was simply to dump all the data on my pc and reformat the stick.

Reactions: 1 person

Fazermint

I like dem vidya gaimes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
do you have a GAME folder in your PSP folder
some game WILL delete it if there is nothing in it, just put a Blank .txt file in it

for the ISO folder to show games

there MUST BE a GAME folder in your PSP folder

also
are you on prema 6.20 CFW or temp 6.20 CFW

Permanent.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
it is a stupid thing, but did you check driver used? i updated to 6.20CFW and inferno driver wouldn't run patapon3 and crash in menu? it is unlikely you forgot, but i was like wth is wrong with it, it was running a minute ago, recopied my ISO, formatted card, recopied plugins etc... then remembered about the driver lol

Fazermint

I like dem vidya gaimes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Go to the memory stick option in the PSP (do not enter it to view games, just highlight it), press triangle, and go to the properties. What does it say about magic gate? If it's false or unknown, that's a fake or damaged stick.
It's indeed unknown. I've tried formatting via the psp and via the pc with no luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."