TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Because it would be quite difficult for Nintendo to have another studio pick up where the game left off. Especially since Retro Studios removed the Kremlings from the DK universe.
I don't see why. It could easily just be another 3D DKC platformer that's not necessarily a "sequel." Kind of like how Super Mario Sunshine and Galaxy are both "successors" to Super Mario 64, despite not having any real plot relation. And considering how Rare picked up 2D DKC where Rare left off after DKC3, I don't see why another studio would be a problem.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Because it would be quite difficult for Nintendo to have another studio pick up where the game left off. Especially since Retro Studios removed the Kremlings from the DK universe.
I don't see why. It could easily just be another 3D DKC platformer that's not necessarily a "sequel." Kind of like how Super Mario Sunshine and Galaxy are both "successors" to Super Mario 64, despite not having any real plot relation.

People consider those games sequels? Sure, they use similar gameplay mechanics but I think Sunshine and Galaxy are better categorized as spiritual successors than direct sequels.

Anyway, I would fine with a new Donkey Kong 3D Platformer. Still would like to DK 64 return somehow. Whether through an HD remake or a VC release.

Well, Super Mario RPG 2 of course.

There is a sequel. It's called "Paper Mario".

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
People consider those games sequels? Sure, they use similar gameplay mechanics but I think Sunshine and Galaxy are better categorized as spiritual successors than direct sequels.
That's why I called them successors. :P
Anyway, I would fine with a new Donkey Kong 3D Platformer. Still would like to DK 64 return somehow. Whether through an HD remake or a VC release.
Definitely. I never actually got to play the original DK64 (though that will change soon, once I start rebuilding my retro gaming collection)
Well, Super Mario RPG 2 of course.
Both the Paper Mario and Mario&Luigi series are successors/sequels to Super Mario RPG.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: 1 person

Mars_x

♥♪!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Its not that I dont believe you, its that you are wrong.
The Paper Mario series has nothing to do with the Super Mario RPG universe (besides the fact that
both games are RPG's and share some Mario franchise characters).

Here, a helping hand:
Sequel: A sequel (also called a follow-on or follow-up) is a narrative, documental, or other work of literature, film, theatre, or music that continues the story of, or expands upon, some earlier work. In the common context of a narrative work of fiction, a sequel portrays events set in the same fictional universe as an earlier work, usually chronologically following the events of that work.
In many cases, the sequel continues elements of the original story, often with the same characters and settings. A sequel can lead to a series, in which key elements appear in a number of stories. Although the difference between more than one sequel and a series is somewhat arbitrary, it is clear that some media franchises have enough sequels to become a series, whether originally planned as such or not.

Spiritual Successor: A spiritual successor, sometimes called a spiritual sequel or a companion piece, is a successor to a work of fiction which does not directly build upon the storyline established by a previous work as do most traditional prequels or sequels, but nevertheless features many of the same elements, themes, and styles as its source material.

Square-Enix released a successful prequel to Deus Ex, it made me recover some faith on the company.
If they cant work with Nintendo again, they could at least give them the rights to use the characters (Geno

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The Paper Mario series has nothing to do with the Super Mario RPG universe (besides the fact that

Here, a helping hand:
Sequel: A sequel (also called a follow-on or follow-up) is a narrative, documental, or other work of literature, film, theatre, or music that continues the story of, or expands upon, some earlier work. In the common context of a narrative work of fiction, a sequel portrays events set in the same fictional universe as an earlier work, usually chronologically following the events of that work.
In many cases, the sequel continues elements of the original story, often with the same characters and settings. A sequel can lead to a series, in which key elements appear in a number of stories. Although the difference between more than one sequel and a series is somewhat arbitrary, it is clear that some media franchises have enough sequels to become a series, whether originally planned as such or not.

Spiritual Successor: A spiritual successor, sometimes called a spiritual sequel or a companion piece, is a successor to a work of fiction which does not directly build upon the storyline established by a previous work as do most traditional prequels or sequels, but nevertheless features many of the same elements, themes, and styles as its source material.

Square-Enix released a successful prequel to Deus Ex, it made me recover some faith on the company.
If they cant work with Nintendo again, they could at least give them the rights to use the characters (Geno

Mars_x

♥♪!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Here, a helping hand:

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would LOVE another F-Zero X game (I didn't like the Sega made one for the GameCube.)

I think a good Sim City game would be fun with some touch screen options on the pad.

I would like to see an actual sequel to Shadow Run on the SNES....

Something I would enjoy playing is an Isometric sort of FPS version of Ikari Warriors.... That seems like it would be really cool if they used the whole cell shaded look.

Road Rash would cause me to throw money at my monitor.

Please for the love of god an actual sequel for SOTN 2D!!!!

I could go on all day long wishing for some cool games to be made.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Characters breaking the fourth wall, its just the developers having fun. Even if the game launched with the title Super Mario RPG 2, that does not make it a true sequel. The facts are right there, dont be naive please. Know your games man! :D
The facts are right THERE, and you're the one making silly, baseless assumptions to write them off ("that's just the developers having fun, it doesn't even matter if there's '2' in the title!"). I'm not even gonna bother. smh
I would LOVE another F-Zero X game (I didn't like the Sega made one for the GameCube.)
I finally grabbed F-Zero GX recently. I haven't played it much, but I like it so far. The main disappointments to me though are the music (X's music was better, in my opinion) and the lack of Death Race mode.

Reactions: 1 person

Mars_x

♥♪!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Characters breaking the fourth wall, its just the developers having fun. Even if the game launched with the title Super Mario RPG 2, that does not make it a true sequel. The facts are right there, dont be naive please. Know your games man! :D
The facts are right THERE, and you're the one making silly, baseless assumptions to write them off ("that's just the developers having fun, it doesn't even matter if there's '2' in the title!"). I'm not even gonna bother. smh
I finally grabbed F-Zero GX recently. I haven't played it much, but I like it so far. The main disappointments to me though are the music (X's music was better, in my opinion) and the lack of Death Race mode.

hahahahah, ok!

This game was originally going to be called Super Mario RPG 2, but the name was changed due to problems with Square Enix, the company that made Super Mario RPG.

Because its NOT a sequel. Anyways, have fun believing what you want :P
I have played both games countless times to the end and I can safely say Paper Mario series has
NOTHING to do with Super Mario RPG. :>

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have said this before for the 3DS, but I will also say it for the Wii U. Custom Robo, but like the Gamecube one, not the cartoonish version for the DS. The game pad could be used for choosing your parts, especially in Multiplayer so that no one can view your parts selection, but only 1 pad can be used on the Wii U at any given time.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

hahahahah, ok!

This game was originally going to be called Super Mario RPG 2, but the name was changed due to problems with Square Enix, the company that made Super Mario RPG.

Because its NOT a sequel. Anyways, have fun believing what you want :P
I have played both games countless times to the end and I can safely say Paper Mario series has
NOTHING to do with Super Mario RPG. :>
Funny to say, but I agree with you. I see "paper mario" more as a spiritual successor than a sequel.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
500x_realpokemon.jpg

this.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: