Gaming games that "ooze" quality

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
1st Layton game (didn't play the 2nd yet)
TWEWY
Phoenix Wright series
Hotel Dusk

Edit: Damn, everyone said the same ones XD I didn't copy-paste people's preference, they are just that awesome of a games!

Michishige

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm..

'The Longest Journey' is the first game that comes to mind. Beautiful graphics, stunning music and an epic and compelling storyline.

I can't post in this thread without mentioning my all-time favorite game ever; 'Realms Of The Haunting'. What I appreciated most about this game was the storyline and the believable characters, the size of it and the variation.

'The Last Express' was one of those games that were considered a financial failure because of the lack of promotional funding. It was the final nail in the coffin for Brøderbund before they were sold off to The Learning Company that was more interested in creating educational software than gaming.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
dude, they might be great games. but the guy asked for games for the DS. BUT thanks dude, they DO look like great games tho.

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
umm.. i really liked ninja gaiden dragon sword. but i have a very small attention span so i can only play for about a half hour
frown.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monopoman said:
I really thought Professor Layton oozed quality personally.
Seconded. I actually never finished either game, as the approach is a bit too straightforward in terms of how the puzzles are presented. That being said, I kept going back to it because it was simply gorgeous in every respect -- everything from the menus and music, to the in-game artwork and sound effects. "Oozing quality" aptly describes the games, I think.

Michishige

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Flame™ said:
dude, they might be great games. but the guy asked for games for the DS. BUT thanks dude, they DO look like great games tho.

Ohhh! Pardon me, must've been sleepy, I thought I was in the 'games in general' forum. Thanks for clearing that up.
smile.gif

I enjoyed 'Professor Layton And The Curious Village' as many else did. I also quite enjoyed 'Another Code: Two Memories', I believe it's called 'Trace Memory' in the US, it was too easy though. 'Yoshi's Island DS' is absolute quality. I loved the original one for the Super Nintendo and they've just made the original more innovative.

'Resident Evil' was also a nice addition to have on the DS. I remember that game well from my childhood.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Mario Kart DS
Mega Man ZX
Metroid Prime Hunters
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 64 DS (I think I was the only person who couldn't believe I was playing SM64 on a handheld the first week I ever played it)
WarioWare Touched

Can't remember anymore but I haven't played nor own a whole lot. Really considering getting WarioWare D.I.Y.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Do you mean QUALITY! or Quality?
For QUALITY! I'd say The Imagine Series.
For Quality, I'd say Layton or HG/SS.
Oh and MKDS. I STILL play that game!
biggrin.gif

Blazikun said:
I'm sure that we all agree the Square Enix line of QUALITY! games is the best
I don't. I think some of their games a absolute tripe on a bike.
Also, I grammatically fixed your post. Minus the QUALITY!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans