WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
From what i've seen, the Pokemon Pearl and Diamond can use the same save files interchangeably, because I booted Pearl for the first time and it was at the same spot as Diamond was.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This has been done since the pokemon red/blue days just so people could "catch 'em all" when it was impossible to trade (ie. when using an emulator).

I'm quite frankly surprised that it works for the new games though.

HR_Shadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of creating a new save format, they probably just made them the same so that people could easily trade or something. I think it has something to do with trading.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
This has been done since the pokemon red/blue days just so people could "catch 'em all" when it was impossible to trade (ie. when using an emulator).

I'm quite frankly surprised that it works for the new games though.
And I'm quite surprised it's working for old games!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Foolio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong here, but wouldn't it have something to do with both games using the exact same engine? Nintendo writes the engine to handle graphics, sound, control input, save files, etc. and just uses that exact same engine with different content in both versions of the game. And since you can trade pokemon back and forth between the two, both games are aware of everything from both games. It kinda makes sense to me that you'd be able to use the save from one game in the other one...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1