Hacking Discussion Games require Internet Validation on 6.1.0?

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
With the release of FW 6.1.0 there are a rising number of people that can't start their .NSP installed games, even with the latest updates installed.

After thinking about it for some time I may have found the reason behind this behaviour:

With FW 6.0.0 Nintendo included the option to have a primary and secondary Switch which can be used for gamesharing.
The secondary Switch requires an active Internet Connection while playing Games from the primary Switch. This is done to prevent massive Game Sharing with other people.

Could it be possible that the poeple who are experiencing the online verification issue updated from FW 5.X to 6.X with the Homebrew FW Installer?
Maybe their "primary" switch never got flagged as beeing the "primary" Switch?
Since the end user does not have to do anything to register his/her Nintendo Switch as the primary Console I think this happens automatically after installing the update and talking to Nintendos Server.
IF the end User is not able to talk to the Nintendo Servers because of a Superban his/her Switch may be Stuck as beeing a "secondary" Switch as soon as the FW 6.X is installed, which means that ALL games that are associated with his/her Profile will require the Online Verfication.

Maybe this happens only during an official install, maybe this happens because of homebrew FW installation...

So my question for the People who have those Problems are:
- What FW version are you right now?
- How did you Update to that Version? (Homebrew or official Update?)
- Have you ever linked your Switch to a Nintendo Account?
- What games are showing those problems (new Games? Or old games that where previously installed, too?)

I just upadated to 6.1 - where is option to set Switch as primary?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deactivated my NNID befor they converted cfw bans to super bans (and my main profile name on my switch is F.U.N.) anyways this will spell trouble for future games like Pokemon 2019 with this i feel it's the final nail in the pirates coffin (and used game sales/rentals) it reminds me of black ops 3 (but worse)

isoisoiso

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
With the release of FW 6.1.0 there are a rising number of people that can't start their .NSP installed games, even with the latest updates installed.
First time I read about this
Can you show us some screenshots?
Which games are causing this? So I can try on my console

Last edited by isoisoiso,
Reactions: asnka

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country
I deactivated my NNID befor they converted cfw bans to super bans (and my main profile name on my switch is F.U.N.) anyways this will spell trouble for future games like Pokemon 2019 with this i feel it's the final nail in the pirates coffin (and used game sales/rentals) it reminds me of black ops 3 (but worse)

How is this the final nail?
You will still be able to play XCI games (I know this is currently SXOS only, but still exsists), or converted XCIs to NSP will probably still work too.
I imagine someone will fine/create/release a workaround soon enough.

pcam90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
i managed to make it work, i deleted my previous cfw and i wiped all from my sd card and installed atmosphere with all the patches, now everything works flawlessly!

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for now it might be but maybe carts will be registered to 1 primary account nintendo not only hates Pirates but the used game/rental markets too they outright banned game rentals in japan even befor piracy was mainstream cause unlike Movie rentals where places like blockbuster (RIP) had to pay part of the rental fee to the movie producers Video Games didn't Nintendo actually lobbied for a ban to lawmakers in the US in the 90's but failed and they tried everything it all comes down to them not getting any money from used games/rentals

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You saw what happened to Microsoft when they tried to lock physical media down in a more above-the-board way at the start of this gen. Nintendo is situated somewhat precariously with the next gen competitors almost here, they can't pull such a policy change mid-gen in the land of Gamestop and expect to survive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(