Gaming Games playable without left on the Dpad?

Schezo92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
See my dpad is out of commision(I plan to replace it), I still want to play my DS however, so what good games are on the DS that don't require the left Dpad? I'm not real picky as long as the games are good. No Animal Crossing though.

Games I've already played:(Incomplete because I don't remember every game I've played)
TWEWY
Ace Attorney Games
Star Fox Command
EBA/Ouendan
Rune Factory 3
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Love Plus
Trace Memory
Hotel Dusk
Last Window
Advance Wars
Fire Emblem
Taiko no Tatsujin (all 3)
Utacchi
Etrian Odyssey III
Harvest moon (all of them except the last one)
Final Fantasy 3,4, 4 heroes of light
Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow
Chrono Trigger
WarioWare(both)
Legend of Zelda ( Both)
Ghost Trick
Inazuma Eleven
Infinite Space
Knights in the Nightmare
Puyo Pop (all except 15th anniversary and Fever 2)
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
All Wario games
All Kirby Games
Geometry Wars
Big Bang Mini
Proffessor Layton: Curious Village
Ninja Gaiden
Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road/ Riz-Zoawd
Luminous Arc 1 and 2
(Super)Scribblenauts
SMT: Strange Journey/Devil Survivor
Radiant Historia
Rhythm Heaven
Plants VS. Zombies
Lux Pain(sorta.. couldn't get past the "oh my god,what are they saying?" translation and didn't finish)
Time Hollow

Already Suggested Games:
Planet Puzzle League
Bejeweled Twist/3
Electroplankton
Picross Games
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
Alice in Wonderland
Pokemon Blue Rescue Team
Other Prof. Layton Games
Little Charo Travels in English!
Music Monstars
Dragon Ball Origins
Maestro! Jump in Music
Ivy The Kiwi?
Honeycomb Beat
Logic Cubes

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Both Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Spirits tracks require only the stylus. Also, you can play 999, Ghost Trick and Inazuma Eleven games.

Flamestar666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Planet Puzzle League, fun as hell, full stylus (optional) game
Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Canvas Curse
Bejeweled Twist
Electroplankton
Puyopop Fever
Wario: Master of Disguise
Picross DS, Picross 3D
Geometry Wars Retro Evolved (if you don't mind playing in lefthanded mode)
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
Pokemon Blue Rescue Team

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the first Luminous arc game has a stylus only setting (both hands), pac-pix is stylus only and can be somewhat enjoyable, but it's not for everybody. If I remember correctly, final fantasy tactics A2 can also be played stylus only, but I'm not too sure at that.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both Scribblenauts games, both Dragon Ball Origins games, and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn can all be played without ever touching the D-Pad. You can also feasibly play Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey without ever using the left arrow on the D-Pad; it's a first-person dungeon crawler, so you can just make right turns until you hit the correct direction (this might be a little annoying, however, so I'd only recommend it if you use up all of the other recommendations).

Also, a suggestion: edit your first post and include a list of the games already suggested to you.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz: Beyond the yellow brick road. Both are stylus only and really good games. Both very underrated.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What about games that have left-handed controlls? It should be entirely possible to walk around and use at least *some* functions in-game.

Shooters with left-handed controlls should be entirely playable - you don't really use buttons other then L/R and directions, here switched to the A/B/X/Y buttons so... try that, if you can use your left hand efficiently.

Schezo92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well for now I think I'll try Dragon Ball Origins, always liked Dragon Ball, until they added the Z and it became HNNNNNNNNRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG fights.
I'll look into Alice in Wonderland too.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I can suggest at least a few games, although they're probably already suggested here.
  • The Nameless Game / Nanashi no Game -- VISUAL NOVEL / SURVIVAL-HORROR -- You've been sent a game on your TS handheld that is rumored to be cursed! Anyone who plays is said to die seven days later. You have to stop the curse before your time is up!
  • Radiant Historia -- RPG -- Everything in the entire world is turning to sand and only Stocke can stop it! His method? Time travel!
  • Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! -- RHYTHM / MUSIC -- You are the cheerleaders of the world. Use music and dance to hype up everyone so they can conquer their problems!
  • Moeru Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii! Osu Tatakae Ouendan 2 -- RHYTHM / MUSIC -- You are the cheerleaders of the world. Use music and dance to hype up everyone so they can conquer their problems!
  • Maestro! Jump in Music -- RHYTHM / MUSIC -- In a world of music, Presto and Staccato love the same girl. When Presto wins her over, Staccato steals all of the music in the world! Now Presto has to free the music!
  • Music Monstars -- RHYTHM / MUSIC -- You've just joined a band called Music Monstars. Can you rise to the top of the charts?
  • Bejeweled 3 -- MATCH 3 / PUZZLE -- Match ALL the jewels!
  • Rhythm Heaven -- COMPILATION / MINIGAME -- Stay in rhythm!
  • Plants vs Zombies -- STRATEGY -- The zombies want your brains, but you have various plants that you can use as artillery!
  • Little Charo Travels in English! --VISUAL NOVEL / LANGUAGE-TEACHING -- Charo the dog and Shota were on a trip to America. When they went to return to Japan, Charo was accidentally left behind! Follow Charo and his friends as they try to find Shota! (Made for Japanese people to learn English)
Slogans for everyone! :D

Schezo92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oooh Slogans...
but Nanashi no Game needs left during the rpg portions, at least when I tried.
I've already tried most of those except Maestro, Music Monstars and Little Charo. I don't seem to be interested in swap to match 3 games lately

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oooh Slogans...
but Nanashi no Game needs left during the rpg portions, at least when I tried.
I've already tried most of those except Maestro, Music Monstars and Little Charo. I don't seem to be interested in swap to match 3 games lately
Oh right, right.... I forgot about that. You could always make a button-swap hack for Nanashi no Game, though. Like, say, make the L button register as left on the D-Pad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol